Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

On 7/5/2017 at 9:22 PM, Seabound117 said:

Recommending a game for a new PS4 user is really dependent on their tastes in games

I am in the same camp as you, Seabound. Whenever someone asks you to "recommend me a game/pub/movie/etc.", they may be sorely disappointed because they asked the wrong person or the wrong thing. Unless they are the really-open person who says "Whatever, I can handle it"(which is rarely the case!) they are looking for something specific. Taking the restaurant example,. if a tourist came up to me while I was grocery shopping and asked me "Hey, what would recommend for a lunch place?", I would first have to ask back "Well, what sort of food are you into?" because if I wanted to recommend something to eat, I'd choose a place like Bill Miller's BBQ because I love their sandwiches but not everyone is into that and that advice is wasted. ?

In other words, you get what you asked for, so be sure to be specific or else you only have yourself to blame for getting crappy advice. Don't come to me with questions recommending the best fighting game, racing game, or survival horror game because I am not interested in those games at all.

But if this thread said that this is a thread for recommending games for people who are just starting out on the Playstation-4, here are a few games that I would recommend to ease you into the experience of trophy hunting which are pretty fun:

• Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink: A point-and-click adventure with some hidden objects puzzles. It's a great relaxing story pace and puts you on the edge of your seat without grabbing you and screaming in your face. I find puzzle games are a great way to get started on 100% completionism without spanking you for failing.
  • Dragon Quest Builders: While the challenges may take some planning, if you just want to dick around and building a giant tower made of golemite blocks and ignore the people, you can do that. This game has a lot of freedom to it for just four story chapters. When I first played the game, I just messed around for 30 game days before I completed the first chapter and had a lot of fun exploring the land, fighting off monsters, and building a town.
  • Ratchet and Clank (the reboot): Ratchet and his buddy Clank tricked me into loving third-person shooters without making it look like a third-person shooter. While I did platinum the PS3 collection on one account, I have since fallen for the PS4 reboot of the original story made movie made game. It didn't feel so bad to get the 1:34 time on Rilgar's hoverboard race and the levels are refined from the original levels, and if you fall to your death or get gang-banged by the enemies, you won't lose too much progress in the respawn, making this game easy to get into.
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5: A great combination of Ratchet and Clank(the reboot) and RPG action, and if you threw a tantrum as a kid when your mommy and daddy couldn't take you to the theater to watch the latest Disney flick, you'll love this revisit of old Walt's characters in new roles. ;)
Edited by CJ_Mystery

Hi Everyone!

Games I completed and I found to be amazing and the reason I bought a PS4:

Dying Light - Really enjoyed this one. Killing zombies never felt so good.

Resident Evil 7 - Another Zombies Game , but What an amazing Story and Overall Environment, of course its a Horror Game , and I'm not a Horror Fan but for some reason I loved this Game.

As for Sports I Recommend Either Fifa 15 or 17. Stay away from the online its absolute BS but if you want to plat it , it takes a lot of patience and you really need to love Football I would say :)

Fighting Game has got to be Mortal Kombat XL (Get the complete edition its worth it)

Underrated game I found Zombi to be quite enjoyable again I don't know why but yeah Zombies is a thing :)

Dark Souls 2 I'm pretty close to finishing and Its a cheap and damn good game.

As For the Games I have (Watched Gameplay and Reviews)

Nioh is amazing I became obsessed about getting it ever since I watch a Let's Play at a friend's house. (Tried it just to make sure it worked)

Witcher 3 GOTY is a must have on the PS4

Kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 if your a fan this is the way to play it

Injustice Gods Among us 1 and 2

Dark souls 3

Bloodborne

Rise of the Tomb Raider 

Just to name a few.

This is a great thread to learn about new Games so cheers everyone and Enjoy your Trophies Quest ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For fighting games i would recommend Injustice Gods Among Us. BUT if you want to incorpore yourself on the competitive world i highly recommend Rainbow Six Siege (in fact, you can have fun if you play it with friends or you can piss off very quickly because of the ping and bug problems) , Rocket League (season 7 just started so, be careful, the matchmaking won't be very kind, you'll see all flying like birds with skill) or just Smite or Paladins.

If you just want like general good games, just go buy a Battlefield or Call of Duty game, maybe Driveclub or any cars game...all car games are beautiful on this platform.

I recommend any assassin's creed, but that's because im a fan.

Have fun new PS4 user!! - check the store and take a look or go on twitch and see some PS4 streamers, they show you pretty cool games (:

• 1 month later...

As a past PC gamer, I recommend Divinity Original Sin, and XCOM 2

And I recommend Warframe, because it has more combat depth and versatility than any other game, I would put money on this. If this game had better graphics, triple A games would seem a dated model for videogame development. You get 60 fps though which is more worth than better graphics. 

Edited by Trophessional

• 2 weeks later...

For people looking for a rather new game with people playing online I can recommend A Way Out. It's not too expensive and offers two playthroughs (just for the dialouges) to end up at over 10 hours of gameplay. It's not hard to play either so it's newcomer-friendly. Also you can get it and play it with a friend who doesn't own the game (PS+ subscription necessary though).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recommend Abzu because it is a very fun adventure and collectible game, you experience a very soothing journey and you uncover a rather symbolic story.

I recommend Submerged if you've never played a Platformer before. You can't die in the game it essentially teaches you what all Platforming collectible games are like, minus any danger or death or loss of earnings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might come as an odd request but i'm looking for PS4 games that don't make the fan on the PS4 very loud and ideally stay as quiet as possible, ideally AAA games and ones I've been interested in recently include the Crash trilogy, Need for Speed Rivals, Uncharted 3 remastered, Assassins Creed Origins, Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and Prey...if anyone can give me feedback on these hardware/performance wise I would be very grateful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 7:30 PM, Martain2 said:

This might come as an odd request but i'm looking for PS4 games that don't make the fan on the PS4 very loud and ideally stay as quiet as possible, ideally AAA games and ones I've been interested in recently include the Crash trilogy, Need for Speed Rivals, Uncharted 3 remastered, Assassins Creed Origins, Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and Prey...if anyone can give me feedback on these hardware/performance wise I would be very grateful.

Dishonored 2 was quiet for me, I never noticed any issues with the fan being loud - I've got a PS4 Slim which is less than a year old and I played DH2 back in July 2018

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/5/2018 at 7:51 PM, WhiteDragonAura said:

Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me if Tokyo Xanadu eX+'s bonus content is worth a purchase for the PS4?  Kind of stuck deciding between that and the Vita version.

PS4 is better, for many reason, the added content is good, and add a very good storyline to the game and some new dungeon (the extra chaper)

Edited by FlareZero
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Both I and my father got ps4s recently and I would be interested in some recommendations for him, he has not played games in almost 10 years, and he is only interested in racing and fps games. Also he does not know english or any other language games usually support, so the games must be pretty intuitive. He did just play Bulletstorm, so that one was fine. I also lent him my copy of Titanfall 2, maybe that will work with him... I have not played the new Wolfenstein games, not sure if they are linear enough for him. As for racing games...I only get in contact with them during e3 ? so I've got no clue.

He remembered he did play the 1st Far Cry more than 10 years ago, but I doubt he would be fine in an open world Far Cry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Uncharted 4 + Nathan Drake Collection
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Witcher 3
  • Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Experience
  • Far Cry 4
  • Dying Light
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • The Last of Us
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Ghostbusters (Just kidding, this game is absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.)

The games in bold are must plays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure most of my suggestions have been done already but I'll do my little list post.

Yakuza 0 (any really) - I took a chance never playing this series, being recommended by the gaming dads group I was part of on Facebook.  And it was an amazing journey lots to do with a great story.  Granted some people maybe turned off by this game since it is in Japanese with subtitles, but to me that is part of the charm.  Like I mentioned the story is really good and engaging, the fighting is solid and slick and fun to pull off.  

Persona 5 - A (J)RPG with a great story and unique artwork.  I recently picked this game up being only 20 dollars new I figured it was a steal and hear so much good about it, and I will say it did not disappoint me.  Granted some people may not like the day to day set up or even the art style.  But I got to say after playing this it jumped into my top 5 rpgs I have played ever.  

Resident Evil 7 - Talk about a change that was well welcomed.  The story and style direction was great in this game.  I will say this though being that I love RE, this was the first game that I really didn't have that bond with the main character.  I was like um okay but looking past that I did have a lot of fun with the game.  And with the gold edition including all dlc it's a good deal.  

Sorry my list isn't long.  I tend to only buy a few games at a time, but I try to buy a game with great value and good replay.  I think you can get Yakuza 0 and P5 for around 20 dollars new a piece, and for me I put over a 100 hours into them.  RE7 gold I'm not sure how much they are asking for that game right now, but I would imagine it would be around 30 being that I think it was 50 when they released it.  My next game is going to be Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel which is coming out today and hopefully I'll be able to get The Witcher 3 GOTY which has been on my want list for a while now eventually. 

• 1 month later...

I probably missed some but heres a vague list...

Got a lot of time on your hands:

The Witcher 3: WIld Hunt (personal must play)

Fallout 4

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Want a epic adventure / story:

God of War

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (recommend playing 1-3)

Want to challenge yourself:

Bloodborne (personal must play)

Sekiro; Shadows DIe Twice

Nioh

Want that Horror experience:

Resident Evil 7

Outlast

Until Dawn

Want a chill open world game:

Horizon Zero Dawn

Spider-Man

Yakuza 0

Want a JRPG:

Persona 5 (personal must play)

Valkyrie Chronicles

Want to shoot things:

Titanfall 2

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Want to shoot things with friends:

Helldivers

Destiny 2

Fortnite (yes i mentioned it)

Want zombies:

Dying Light

World War Z

Want a fight:

Tekken 7

Mortal Kombat XL (or 11)

Dragonball FighterZ

In the need for speed:

Rocket League

Ace Combat 7

GT Sport

Want that MMO experience:

Warframe

Elder Scrolls Online

Edited by DNA-VL
  • Like 2

I'm really sorry but I'm looking for a recommendation. Not giving one. I hope it's okay to post something like that here and I don't want to try making a completely new topic. I just had to necro-post in the thread for it after searching for it. ?

I just came across Biomutant and I read it's information on Wikipedia as well as watching some gameplay. Admittedly, for me, the game looked pretty good and interesting. The best way for me to describe it, is that it's like what would happen if Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy XV performed video game fusion. But I'm still a bit unsure.

Should I get it? Help? ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer