Changes of the incoming patch (1.04 / 1.05)

dernop

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements. 

General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs 
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Source: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/44006-Some-of-the-changes-coming-in-the-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)

thank god! ;)

• Like 1

Regarding the XP glitch..how can I find out if I really have it or not? I mean..i read that the pg progession is also slow in any case..So, for example, I just reach Valen and I did every side quest and other stuff (like destroying monster nests..) and I'm just level 4..is it normal? 

Thanks.

R.

Regarding the XP glitch..how can I find out if I really have it or not? I mean..i read that the pg progession is also slow in any case..So, for example, I just reach Valen and I did every side quest and other stuff (like destroying monster nests..) and I'm just level 4..is it normal? 

Thanks.

R.

Yes, this is normal. I am almost done with the main story, did every sidequest and discovered everything in White Orchad, Velen and Novigraad and I´m only level 30. Regarding the XP glitch, it is not realy a glitch as far as I know. Later in the game, on Skellige, you get to an area on the main island, where a giant respawns after killing him and mediating for an hour or so. So it´s more farming a monster than glitching the game.

Back on topic: can´t find the added merchant who sells Gwent cards in the patch notes :(

Edited by Killua-ID

I really hope that they continue to go through and make a lot of the quests less buggy in general. I'm having trouble getting through the Mysterious Tracks contract, with finding the bait potion that oddly drops into the quest items tab of the inventory unlike every other potion in the game. I have a feeling that some of the rendering after running is slowing down things like riding Roach and speaking with merchants. Most of this is secondary to the big menu clutter and odd glitches like the bestiary always opening the "Beasts" tab. 

I know that no game like this is ever perfect when first released. That's something that played into my choice to play through on the default difficulty rather than risk junking 40+ hours on a bugged "Death March" save. Once the DLC is out and hopefully the core game is solid I'll revisit and grab the DLC trophies and the high difficulty. Besides I would rather be focused on the story and watching my decisions play out in the world than figuring out systems that still being tweaked and remembering to oil my blade this go around. 

Let's all just be happy that Witcher is being patched this diligently and quickly. Regardless of the relatively minor inconveniences I've had this has been a well tested and delivered experience. Other developers *cough* Bethesda *cough* should take note, because I'm pretty sure that memory leaks for the sake of infinitely storable and stackable mugs isn't going to be acceptable anymore. A real open world RPG where my first save will see the end of the game? How refreshing! 

Wish they would fix the dirty funds quest, glitches on me last night , are all the treasure hunt missions glitchy like that?

Yeah, it looks like it. I have two or three open that require me to explore an area (instead of reading a letter) but there is no icon on the map available for those so I have no idea what area I missed or prematurely looted. On my second playthrough I'm going to be very cautious and deal with quests on a one-by-one basis as much as possible, without exploring or prematurely initiating new ones.

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks like it. I have two or three open that require me to explore an area (instead of reading a letter) but there is no icon on the map available for those so I have no idea what area I missed or prematurely looted. On my second playthrough I'm going to be very cautious and deal with quests on a one-by-one basis as much as possible, without exploring or prematurely initiating new ones.

I went back to a previous save and followed an online guide for the 3 that are in white orchard, its very annoying.