Parkour Fever DLC is a lesson in why you don't make a DLC based around a mechanic in your game that doesn't work half the time

Slash-N-Dasher94

I brought the game the day it was released

For download, I even said I paid £59.99 for it as I didn't think it was right for the UK to wait 2 months?

Therefore, learn to read before trying to prove me wrong?

And I was happy with it, until I got further in and realised a lot of the game is downright broken or just shoddy in general

• Like 2

At the end of the day it's a free DLC that the developers put into the game, no one is forcing you to play it, no one is putting a gun to your head telling you to play it. This more sounds like complaing about having to pay full price for a game, yes the UK did have to wait a extra month for the game to come out and you didn't want to wait for it. I rather enjoyed the game and will get around to playing the new content for myself sometime. Also ranting about the game having bad mechanics, no game is perfect I found it to be off putting at times sure but nothing that angers me.

Quick edit after reading above: Now that is just uncalled for no need to act like a child to everyone because we give out opinion on things, hate on the game as much as you want. You are meant to be playing the game but by anger and ranting the game is playing you.

Edited by DracoRagnarok
  • Like 1

No reason to be so aggressive man, that kind of behavior's only going to elicit more sarcasm/hatred responses at you, and you're perfectly fine to criticize the game but after all the dlc was free, which was a thing the devs didn't even have to do regardless of how well the dlc was made or not 

I feel more effort went into AIDs than this DLC

It's that bad

I'd rather play through bloody Aliens: Colonial Marines to Platinum than finish these 10 challenges, there's no room for error in them, the times are so tight you're lucky to finish with a god-damn millisecond left. A single mistake or not doing exactly what the developers wanted to be done and you'll fail. It's not good at all when the parkour challenges that shipped with the game are better ten-fold than the ones released 6 months later. They're not good, they're not even mediocre or bad, they're downright abominations, it feels like the dev never play tested them to see if it'd be possible to do them with a few seconds to spare. It feels to me like the dev ran the challenges with God Mode active, found them easy and put them in the game

Not realising, oh wait a moment, the players don't have God Mode like us, they have to make all these perfectly timed jumps, mantles, descents and so on. Which when combined together aren't just bad, but are generally impossible

You can tell the devs did not test them out just by playing 'End of the Tunnel" time is far too short, fall distances are ridiculous and do you in, it requires far too much twitch reaction, the 10x multiplier works so randomly, the pathing on it is atrocious. It's near impossible to reliably get through the first part involving the lamp-posts. Like most runs of that one will end with you plummeting to the ground from the lamp-posts, with a random attempt where you do the exact same thing but manage it that time

It's bad
Do not defend it, because it is free. I got to see a free screening of A Nightmare on Elm Street the remake, and it didn't stop me from bashing that film until the horse was long-dead

Free is obviously great, but it doesn't equate to not being able to complain about it? Final Fantasy: ATB on IoS, that's atrocious, worst thing to come from the license. Yet it's free, so obviously no-one's entitled to bitch about that right?

Hmm it will be interesting to see how the DLC is because I've recently been getting pretty frustrated at some of the base game parkour challenges as the game really doesn't do what you tell it enough times to be annoying during challenges :P

I spent the entire day on the Parkour challenges and hated every second of it. Now why did I do it if I hated it? Because never let a game beat me, and I never leave any single trophy locked. I am glad I got this game back to 100% and hope there will never be another DLC for this game again. This has been the trolliest game since I played Jak II...

• Like 1

You are saying you have the right to complain about this dlc because you paid 65 pounds, therefore you are entitled to complain about this free dlc.

Makes no sense but that's fine complain all you want. But you are asking others for their opinion and when their views do not correspond with the way you see things and you subsequently start slinging cheap personal shots at anyone who disagrees.

Don't like the dlc, simply don't play it

Don't like my opinion, should have refrained from asking for it

I think dying light is still a big improvement from the dead island games. the park our running just doesn't feel as smooth as it should be, the map layout is sometimes plain weird and unfair it just doesn't feel as natural like in AC or mirrors edge. Nevertheless extra content is always nice and free dlc is not a phenomenon that occurs every day

Edited by Goekie

• 8 years later...

Doing these challenges and I concur they are terrible. People defend this DLC because "it's free" but that is like being given a spoiled hamburger as a free gift from a restaurant. or getting slapped in the face.  It's free so you shouldn't be complaining about how bad it is right? Also the whole "don't like it, don't play it" argument is such a cop out, especially since these challenges are tied to two trophies. So Necroposting I don't care, but I'm not going to ignore that these challenges were poorly implemented. If anyone has played the second game, do these challenges return and are they designed better?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am getting through these challenges and even with the Piaza Suit it is very very annoying, the controls arent that tight and precise and a lot of times that Tic Tac Garbage Skill screws u up, also sometimes the zombies hit u and u lose height to do a jump making it very frustrating,  i am beating the challenges by 5 seconds max and using boosters and piaza suit. If wasnt for that suit i would go mental trying this.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually enjoyed beating those challenges (no suit). In no way they function great (but still nowhere near being broken) but getting good at it with little to no margin of error was a blast. In fact I did it twice. First for myself and then for a friend who wasn't (isn't) a trophy hunter like at all. Just because (we played the game together through and through). Not to mention there was some ping/input lag involved the second time I did it. 

Edited by VegaMan-X4