Official Fallout 4 News Thread (Trailer in OP)

vV_PaRaSiTe_Vv

Was watching the last hour of the countdown at college and it was soooooooo worth it! I thought it may of only been a teaser trailer but they actually showed a lot about the game which is awesome! About time a game has persuaded me to get a PS4. Once Fallout 4 is released I don't think I'll be seen for a month :lol:  

Was watching the last hour of the countdown at college and it was soooooooo worth it! I thought it may of only been a teaser trailer but they actually showed a lot about the game which is awesome! About time a game has persuaded me to get a PS4. Once Fallout 4 is released I don't think I'll be seen for a month :lol:  

Same here, surprised we got a trailer that long.... I guess they know how long we've been waiting though xD

So I'm guessing BoS will be back? Wonder how big of a role they will get in Fallout 4.

I think this game will take place directly after the nuclear bombs hit the world and not in the future or several years afterwards. Check out 1:35 in the trailer and you'll see what i mean.

EDIT: So i'm guessing they'll play a bigger role in this game than in Fallout 3.

Edited by Oblivion

I dunno about it being set straight after. All I see at 1:35 is Vault 111's door open and you crawling out to a wasteland. A vault somewhat close to the Commonwealth COULD suggest an earlier setting since the Commonwealth is so far-developed by the time of FO3, but then again, there's already well-established towns present in the trailer.

Edited by TriggerTortoise
  • Like 1

That sounds like Kevin Conroy (Batman, Arkham series) as the Vault Dweller at the end.  Small voice clip, but his voice really stands out to me.  Either that or someone very similar sounding.

Strange how they've released this now and not in two weeks, I thought the whole point of an E3 conference was to shine a magnificent spotlight.  Also, I can't help but think this may dissuade some people from Elder Scrolls Online now.

Different beats, same strokes type game - people won't want to overlap experiences necessarily.

I'm glad it's confirmed, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

YES! Finally! I cannot wait. I'm kind of curious about the voice though. I hope it just means your character has a voice while you still make decisions. And while the air ship is a cool idea, it kind of takes away the feeling of how scarce vehicles and such are. Maybe it was just a prototype that managed to get saved from the bombs. Either way, I'm still excited and can't wait to get back to shooting raiders and vaporizing Super Mutants.

Also that guy missed the power armor in the building. Go back and get it you fool!

• Like 1

I dunno about it being set straight after. All I see at 1:35 is the Vault 111's door open and you crawling out to a wasteland..A vault somewhat close to the Commonwealth COULD suggest an earlier setting since the Commonwealth is so far-developed by the time of F3, but then again, there's already well-established towns present in the trailer.

True, i completely overlooked that. 

I SWEAR to god, if the announcement is something like "Y'all been waiting for the past years! We finally answered!

FALLOUT 3: REMASTERED!" or some shit like that, I'm seriously going to flip shit and go aggro.

This would have my reaction also, but at the same time, I'll probably still would have bought it! :S

Edited by thespuditron
  • Like 1

Trailer looks great of course.

I don't think I've ever played a Fallout game that has the variety of locales as this trailer seems to offer.  In each of the games (including the first two), towns always kind of looked the same,  Some were bigger, some were shantytowns... but it's always that same "we built this town from old brick buildings and sheet metal" look and feel.

The Fallout games always had a certain level of... creepiness... about them that I also wasn't feeling from the trailer.   I'd almost go and say the trailer looked too colorful to be a Fallout game.  It's almost comic book-y, like if Borderlands and Fallout had a baby.

Not complaining really, just interested in seeing where they go with it.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

If only it used idTech, which they could do, but won't.

Just some screens from the trailer:

Fallout 4 Trailer Hi-Res Screens - bethsoft imgur

Does the Mysterious Stranger-like guy have a robotic right hand? Doesn't look like a normal hand. Looks skeletal at the very least.

• Like 1

If only it used idTech, which they could do, but won't.

Just some screens from the trailer:

Fallout 4 Trailer Hi-Res Screens - bethsoft imgur

Does the Mysterious Stranger-like guy have a robotic right hand? Doesn't look like a normal hand. Looks skeletal at the very least.

Wow good observation. Yeah his right hand definitely looks skeletal to me too. Pretty awesome. 

I'm super glad to have this game finally confirmed but it'll be a really hard one to wait for especially if the release date gets delayed.

Yeah, the wait's gonna be tough. But thankfully, there are other games to ease the pain.

Giving the image another look, I'm now noticing what appears to be yellow eyes. I thought the hand might be a prosthetic, but this guy could be an android instead.

xCTVDQM.png

Not that this really means much. We knew androids would be in it since it's Boston.

• Like 1

Yeah, the wait's gonna be tough. But thankfully, there are other games to ease the pain.

Giving the image another look, I'm now noticing what appears to be yellow eyes. I thought the hand might be a prosthetic, but this guy could be an android instead.

xCTVDQM.png

Not that this really means much. We knew androids would be in it since it's Boston.

Oh yeah, didn't notice those yellow eyes. Good spot mate!