Assetto Corsa Coming to PS4 in 2016

Parker

One of the best sims on the market is making its way to console in 2016. First Project CARS and now this, to say I'm excited is definitely an understatement.

POSTED BY KS-DEV ON JUN 3, 2015 IN BLOGCARSUI INGAME NEWS

ac_consoles_2016-1024x320.jpg

505 GAMES AND KUNOS SIMULAZIONI LINE UP ON THE GRID WITHASSETTO CORSA

Fan-Favorite Racing Simulator to Make Its E3 Debut With All New PC Content

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game.  Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves;Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism thatAssetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as

• Over one hundred high-performance  cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game

Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari.  This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content,  and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016.  Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

Source: assettocorsa.net

Parker

I'll try this out instead of Project Cars, after the hype died down I heard really bad things about it.  Assetto Corsa is one of the top tier games I've played.

Project CARS really is a fantastic game, there are some bugs and glitches sure but overall it is a great racing sim. Plus the developers are really supporting the game post release so I fully expect most or all of the bothersome PS4 bugs to be squashed pretty soon. 

That being said, Assetto Corsa has a physics engine second to none and if it comes to console identical to the PC version we're definitely in for a treat. I won't mind double dipping with this game, I'm sure it will run far better on my PS4 than it does on my PC. 

Parker

• Like 1

"Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market."

"Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks."

Wow, these are serious words. Definitely keeping an eye out for this game.

Thanks for sharing.

• 1 year later...

A word of warning: This game in it's current state is unbelievable hard. I purchased it on thursday when it was released in the EU store. Technically this game is great, fantastic physics, beautiful graphics, but the AI is extemely unbalanced. Even on easy setting the AI is so much faster. Some people say it's better when using a racing wheel, but with dualshock I have not the slightest chance, so now I'm stuck at the biginning of the career. I hope they patch it to a playable state.

A word of warning: This game in it's current state is unbelievable hard. I purchased it on thursday when it was released in the EU store. Technically this game is great, fantastic physics, beautiful graphics, but the AI is extemely unbalanced. Even on easy setting the AI is so much faster. Some people say it's better when using a racing wheel, but with dualshock I have not the slightest chance, so now I'm stuck at the biginning of the career. I hope they patch it to a playable state.

I have the game also but i haven't played it yet, so i'll not bother loading it up without them patching it then if it's really that difficult? 

Edited by EternalChaos72

• 3 months later...

Since there has been no posting here for quite a while I thought I might update some of you who had questions around the difficulty. 

I picked this game up last week while it was on special in the EU store. And it is truly one of the best sims I have played. However, some aspects to get towards the platinum are very difficult. 

From what I saw on YouTube, the difficulty is now much easier, especially in career mode (but the special events are still hard) . I tried for about an hour to get gold on "German fury"  with that BMW m3 and I was still 2.5 secs slower than the required time. With that said, some of the Gold requirements are easier than before (by a few seconds). 

I really think you need a wheel to achieve the platinum. It looks  like it will be a tough slog with a controller. 

A lot of the other issues people were complaining about seem to be fixed as well. The game plays really well! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 11:52 PM, adam1984123 said:

I thought that too... Now after playing for a while, I'm not so sure. I think it might be too hard.

I think I would improve if I invest in a wheel but thats still no sure thing that I will get the plat.

I found that once I got into the mode of it I was 1st placing race after race.

I've been struggling with the odd on though. I'm thinking this will be tough to beat but it has to be possible.