What is the max level you were able to reach after completing the game

I think that could be an advertising 'lie'.  They can say that there is no level cap, but if there are a limited number of quests that give decent xp, then at a certain point you just won't level up any more without hours upon hours of grinding.  So anytime you see "no level cap" take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, I have never played this game, and I do not know how the leveling and xp system works, so maybe my point does not apply.  

I'm on 38 at the moment - Medium difficulty, Story complete - all Contracts done, loads of secondary quests left (not done any races or Gwent stuff) and about 20 treasure hunts left. I've been going and checking out all the ? places though so got a bit of experience from those - plus some areas uncover new secondary quest which pay decent amounts of XP.

35. It's a shame, too, because I have a diagram with for an awesome sword that requires level 42. I guess we'll be able to get to that in the expansion packs. I also think it would be possible to get higher levels playing on easy difficulty settings, I heard you get more XP there.

35. It's a shame, too, because I have a diagram with for an awesome sword that requires level 42. I guess we'll be able to get to that in the expansion packs. I also think it would be possible to get higher levels playing on easy difficulty settings, I heard you get more XP there.

I don't think the difference in the amount of xp rewarded between just the story and death march mode is that much.In my first playthrough-story and sword difficulty-completed the main story,most of the side quests and all witcher contracts including discovering most of the areas- was able to reach level 35. In my second playthrough-death march-completed just the main story and gwent related side quests- and still was able to reach level 31.What's the point of playing all the side quests (except for story,of course) and witcher contracts if you can just play the main story and level up fast?

I really hope they fix the xp rewards in future updates and expansions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fnished story and side-quests, and I'm level 35.

But one thing I've noticed is that when you take quests that you are way too leveled for them, for example you take a quest that sugest to be on level 15 and you are already on level 30, you receive far less XP.

So, if you, somehow (that must be really dificult) manage to do quests leveled to your character, you'll make much more XP. At the end of the game when I turn to many side quests I gain only 5XP on many of them.