Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boooda

Just Wanderin Through These Trophies...

19 posts in this topic

What do you think? I've heard the name of the game being tossed around the last few weeks, but not quite sure what it is...

Thoughts on the game? Trophies? Anyone provide any insight?

So its an mmo based on exploration. Thats all i know.

The game looks beautiful. And it is literally different from what most MMOs usually offer. I may actually buy this game (but I'll watch videos on Youtube just to make sure it meets my expectations).

Not a "thoughs on trophies" named thread, may Boooda god be blessed!

Not a "thoughs on trophies" named thread, may Boooda god be blessed!

I try my best. :P 

So its an MMO...about exploration. I can't quite wrap my head around it but I'm down to give it a try if the price is right. 

From the little I know about it, it seems interesting.  I will have to see what it costs, and then I may pick it up :).

I like the idea of a non-competitive game, because a large part of what I enjoy about open world games is exploring anyway.

From what I've seen of the game, I'm really interested in the exploration aspects of it. It seems a lot like Journey tbh, and I'm kind of excited for an non-competitive mmo.

I try my best. :P 

So its an MMO...about exploration. I can't quite wrap my head around it but I'm down to give it a try if the price is right.

My curiousty has me at the same point. Also theres a trophy for jumping off griffons onto other griffons that the developer confirmed you need 3 people to do. So you can enjoy solo but you need others for some trophies

Turns out to be $24.99 on the NA store.

One Spanish trophy it's still in English, lol, they need to fix that.

Some thoughts users have given:

"My god, this game is awful. The doubts started to creep in at the menu - you're presented with three (?) options, all seemingly written in Arial. Unnerved, I started the game up. This is quite literally the ugliest thing you'll ever see. EVERYTHING pops in and out. Everything. Plants, trees, rock, grass - all pop in and out of existence with every footstep you take. Grass and sand meet at straight lines, with little to no effort to blend the two with any more depth than that found in Minecraft. The waterfalls are just beyond description. Just...wow. The pause menu actually has an option to reset your character if you're rendered unable to move, presumably by how truly shoddy the game is. The stones you find everywhere require you to draw certain shapes to 'speak'. God only knows if there's a hidden trick to this, but I've drawn every damn shape to absolutely no avail. To top this all off, what I presume is the tutorial consists of dumping you in the forest and hoping you can figure out how to move on to the actual game. I certainly can't. I'm still there, watching assets cease to exist with every footstep."

"This seems like a project I would have created. Start with big ambitions of a grandiose game. Get to working on the world and either get burnt out or realize the amount of work it would take me. Not wanting to scrap my project completely, call it something stupid like Wander which is basically all you can do in the world. Refer to it as art. Slap a few stupid things in like being a tree and an unstuck feature just to help ease whatever bullshit someone gets into. Charge 20 pounds. Sip my ice tea."

"Played it at PAX Prime last year. Was absolutely dreadful, it's supposed to be a "relaxing" MMO, but its so slow I just got frustrated, and stuck quiet often. Kept flying straight into the ground as the griffin camera shifts every few seconds further and further, so that you have to hold the controller side ways to fly straight.

My friend sat on it for 40 minutes trying to fly to an island, it was awful. She kept switching cameras to make it more interesting, but the only camera angle outside of the first person one for the griffin is looking straight a surprising detailed griffin ass. Whats worse, by the time she got to the island, the dev remembered to tell her that it wasn't solid, so she couldn't do anything there. Said we were asking too much for expecting something awesome whenever we went somewhere interesting. Absolutely atrocious game, and dev..."

Some thoughts users have given:

"My god, this game is awful. The doubts started to creep in at the menu - you're presented with three (?) options, all seemingly written in Arial. Unnerved, I started the game up. This is quite literally the ugliest thing you'll ever see. EVERYTHING pops in and out. Everything. Plants, trees, rock, grass - all pop in and out of existence with every footstep you take. Grass and sand meet at straight lines, with little to no effort to blend the two with any more depth than that found in Minecraft. The waterfalls are just beyond description. Just...wow. The pause menu actually has an option to reset your character if you're rendered unable to move, presumably by how truly shoddy the game is. The stones you find everywhere require you to draw certain shapes to 'speak'. God only knows if there's a hidden trick to this, but I've drawn every damn shape to absolutely no avail. To top this all off, what I presume is the tutorial consists of dumping you in the forest and hoping you can figure out how to move on to the actual game. I certainly can't. I'm still there, watching assets cease to exist with every footstep."

"This seems like a project I would have created. Start with big ambitions of a grandiose game. Get to working on the world and either get burnt out or realize the amount of work it would take me. Not wanting to scrap my project completely, call it something stupid like Wander which is basically all you can do in the world. Refer to it as art. Slap a few stupid things in like being a tree and an unstuck feature just to help ease whatever bullshit someone gets into. Charge 20 pounds. Sip my ice tea."

"Played it at PAX Prime last year. Was absolutely dreadful, it's supposed to be a "relaxing" MMO, but its so slow I just got frustrated, and stuck quiet often. Kept flying straight into the ground as the griffin camera shifts every few seconds further and further, so that you have to hold the controller side ways to fly straight.

My friend sat on it for 40 minutes trying to fly to an island, it was awful. She kept switching cameras to make it more interesting, but the only camera angle outside of the first person one for the griffin is looking straight a surprising detailed griffin ass. Whats worse, by the time she got to the island, the dev remembered to tell her that it wasn't solid, so she couldn't do anything there. Said we were asking too much for expecting something awesome whenever we went somewhere interesting. Absolutely atrocious game, and dev..."

Well then...

I was watching a stream of this a few hours ago and the game froze the guy's console twice.

I'm definitely waiting to buy it... 

Pretty interesting thread (about all the bugs and other problems with it) at the top of the PS4 subreddit right now. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/38mu2w/psa_do_not_buy_wander_its_completely_broken/

Being a trophy site, if what is posted is correct, a must not buy as it stands.  Trophies popping in game and not syncing.  Stuff not registering.  Collecting things, game crashing, then that stuff is gone.  Etc.

Edited by Twoapplesnbanana

What do you think? I've heard the name of the game being tossed around the last few weeks, but not quite sure what it is...

Thoughts on the game? Trophies? Anyone provide any insight?

Some more reviews say its the worst game to launch on ps4

Some more reviews say its the worst game to launch on ps4

a-chance.gif

When I watched youtube clips yesterday I thought I was just looking at like pre-alpha footage, apprently that was the final build xD 

The game has been improved and is definitely playable now. Plus I've been told by the developers that new features will soon be added such as animations, weather fluctuations (rain falling, sunrises, sunsets etc).

I finally am having fun playing this game! Another patch will be released in order to fix some trophy glitches so if anyone here is going for the plat just add me!

Looks like it got delisted. Can't find it nor in German neither American store.