AI companions

Whenever I leave Oliver to be controlled by the AI he does the stupidest shit, like killing a monsters in the ding dong well with the everstar when I´m lvl 70 consuming lots of mana, or attacking every enemy while I´m trying to capture one (I lost a golden elephant). Or sometimes my companions don´t go for the golden glims when it is 1 feet away from them and have 1 hp and others they will take it when they have full xp and the enemies are strong against their super attack. So, what is your opinion on how the AI manages your companions?

Pfft.. I don't expect much on Ni No Kuni's AI... it's AI is, as you said, soooo stupid...  I never ever let my Oliver party to be controlled by AI except for using Ester's Serenity(?) because the AI will definitely use all of Oliver's MP... and oh... I think the AI hobby is dying on boss battles...

• Like 1

I was somewhat smart about it and ended up managing it pretty well.

I set Esther's priority to "Healing" and told Swaine to focus on using tricks. but here's the thing, I only gave him sentinels that knew Yoo-hoo or defense boosting tricks and maybe one attack trick. It seemed to work pretty well.. or better at least. But I agree with you guys 100%. The AI is practically crap, and I feel like it's 90/5/5, of course, Ollie, my boy, doing 90% of the work.

For capturing familiars, just put them on defend the entire time and set them to "do nothing." If you are fighting gold familiars, you are probably at the point where you don't need their help anyways.

It depends on how you have it set. Even then their actions may not be the smartest but they're still doing what they're set to do.

I always just have them set to don't use abilities or do nothing and then use the all out offense and defense commands as needed. Never really had a problem with the AI that way.

the A.I in ni no kuni kinda remind me of kingdom hearts 1 & 2's donald and goofy....

you don't wanna talk about this game when it comes to A.I'ed partners. they were only smarts at choosing their most powerful Familiar, if you put an OP Familiar at their side, thank god for the A.I command menu thingy where you can gave them a strict commands.

i believe all of them will get a dumped down A.I if the CPU is in control of them, even if let the CPU take control of ( Cry Baby Ollie Boy xD ) and he's at level 99 with his best wand, the A.I will gonna blow it for you, by the time i was still trying to plat the game, my most hatred was Esther... for a moment i filled her MP to the max and after a small battle i notice her MP is halfway to the end, yet there's a boss fight on the way and i'm running out of MP recovery items. i ended up as been the one who's healing the party members, Esther is no use in physical attack as she will dealt a 1 to 5~8 point damage!

even if she's at level 99 and with her most powerful weapon so, best to let her only attack with magic and don't put your high hopes on her to keep every one healthy, Swaine have some powerful trick shots but his HP drop down so quick.

in boss fights and Especially the Soloseume battles <---- if i name it right, i used them as a bait, because they're useless in fighting tough enemies.

the A.I in ni no kuni kinda remind me of kingdom hearts 1 & 2's donald and goofy....

you don't wanna talk about this game when it comes to A.I'ed partners. they were only smarts at choosing their most powerful Familiar, if you put an OP Familiar at their side, thank god for the A.I command menu thingy where you can gave them a strict commands.

You needed AI? I just blazed through with dragon pair =D

AI didn't even attack xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...