Kingdom Come: Deliverance Thoughts?

I remember I've seen only one screenshot of Kingdom Come: Deliverance last year but it seems to me nobody talks about it this time. I recently watched a new teaser video and I think it looks cool. Is it gonna be more like Skyrim?

E3 2015 teaser

50 minutes of gameplay

Edited by G10BURGERKING

No doubt the game looks nice.  Every time I look at it and read about it though, I get a feeling that they're going for such a 'realistic' medieval theme that it'll be really boring.  I don't think I've ever played a medieval RPG that didn't have some kind of magic, or dragons, or wizards, or witches, or what have you.

• Like 2

The game is set in the 15th century, in the Kingdom of Bohemia, and they're going for a realistic medieval experience so there's not going to be any dragons and magic spells and all that. But if you want an RPG with a realistic feel where your armor and weapons degrade and require repair, and you have to feed yourself and rest to stay alive, along with an historical setting, then this is apparently what this game will be about.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Hopefully it will be released soon, my country needs something to be known in console sector as well again after Mafia  :D

We are totally overshadowed by Poland due to The Witcher :D

Been waiting for a decent non-magical historical RPG... and this looks to be it. Plus I love learning about different countries history... Love the look and feel to the game.

In that case, you are lucky =) Daniel (the leader of this project) is a pretty stubborn guy and he said he will bring the most authentic experience possible :) And if he says something, he does it :D

It reminds me of one thing that happened...

Someone asked why there are no black characters in the game (you know, being race correct) and team replied because there were no in our lands.

But some "expert" in this field found ONE (200 years before the setting of this game btw) and started ranting that they are wrong etc... but nothing came out of it so it will definitely be as it's supposed to be :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2015 at 9:44 PM, damon8r351 said:

The game is set in the 15th century, in the Kingdom of Bohemia, and they're going for a realistic medieval experience so there's not going to be any dragons and magic spells and all that. But if you want an RPG with a realistic feel where your armor and weapons degrade and require repair, and you have to feed yourself and rest to stay alive, along with an historical setting, then this is apparently what this game will be about.

KCD is one of the best-looking, more atmospheric games on PS4 but I'm not too sure about the needs system.  I'm OK with having to repair armor/weapons but not with the food spoilage, or starvation (I'd rather eat to regain HP than to avoid starving). I get that they're trying for something realistic & I'm sure it's a good game, just maybe not my kind of ARPG.