Can we get a We Play+Special Events Sub-Forum?

Agreed. It would put them together in 1 section to make it easier for the people interested in them to find while also keeping them out of the game specific forums for those who aren't interested (assuming I understand the suggestion correctly).

Edited by ScutumMagister

I think this could be a good idea, at least if we could get a subforum for the organisation process. So people know where to look. The fact I am now getting requests for extra games just shows how quicly this will grow. This would also likely reduce the number of interruptions by non participants, which although i'm happy for more people to join I don't want random people jumping in that will point out plot crucial elements early.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

We have been seeing a surge of We Plays happening lately and I think maybe a Sub-Forum may not be a terrible idea. It would allow people to see all the different events happening and it would help drive user participation as it is all about bringing the forum together.

I think then it can be pushed farther with trophy comps, plat races, community gaming events etc.

Here are just some examples of what is going on.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26326-we-play-okami-hd/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27511-we-play-bioshock/?hl=%20we%20%20play

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27766-lets-play-steinsgate/?hl=%2Bwe+%2Bplay#entry624135

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27777-bloody-fingers-and-broken-controllers-we-play-cloudberry-kingdom/?hl=%2Bwe+%2Bplay

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27403-a-godly-platinum-race-zajac-vs-wdjat-doods/?hl=+godly

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26035-your-next-game-the-lottery-sign-ups-expired-prize-system-posted/?hl=%20lottery

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27340-lets-play-so4-epic-quest-for-the-platinum-trophy/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/21553-tamers-december-lifetime-premium-competition-closed/?hl=tamer

Maybe if it got popular enough you could even have some forum users moderating over it to make sure the events stay on track and to keep relevant events pinned so people know what the latest ones are (I know myself, Buu, Dragon, Zadorvp etc would probably be down for that)

So just a suggestion but I think it is one that could help build community spirit and participation (in a positive way)

A star for Mayus being the reasonable voice of the community and joined gate keeper of 80's classic movie references.

On topic, would it be better if we have a community event sub forum so we can throw everything user generated in there? 

• Like 3

If it were to be combined with the plat races, trophy leagues, and other events and games that don't really belong in the forum games section (like the Dr's A-Z plat club), then I totally support this. There really should be a sub-forum for community events like that. Since right now, they're just kind of jumbled in different forums, and can be hard to find. Having a dedicated forum for community events could also help push more events overall, and get more people to be more active. I know I'd be all for more plat races, they're always pretty exciting to me, lol.

However, if we're talking a sub-forum just for "We Play's", it would probably be better to see if this is something that sticks around for a while or not. If just a couple of people are doing "We Play's" for the next couple of months, and then they drop off, then there's no real need for a sub-forum. I mean, remember when there was a huge surge of people making trophy leagues, and people wanted a sub-forum? Now there's only (I think) 3 going. Which 3 threads definitely isn't enough for an entire sub-forum. So, I think it'd be better to just wait and see if the same thing happens.

Is there actually any difference between "let's play" and "we play" besides that "let's play" only one person is actually playing the game? 

Actually a sub-forum for Events is probably the best thing to do (and yes I need to update the A-Z club ^_^) there is also the Seatk rivalry, The Rare Trophy Hunter League, The league of Trophy Hunters...rest of title that Wdjat keeps changing :P and so forth. There is also Parker's site giveaway, Tamer's Christmas give away etc. etc. etc.

I think showcasing all of us this would be awesome as right now someone new to this site may not know of any of these events or be intimidated to join because they see 24 pages and may not understand how to enter.

I totally agree with all of this.

I also miss events sometimes, because it's sometimes hard to sift through the main forums, and I forget where stuff is posted all the time too. I'm sure I'm not the only one (at least I hope not lol), so having it all in a single sub-forum would super helpful in that regard too.

Hopefully Sly agrees and makes the forum, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

If it were to be combined with the plat races, trophy leagues, and other events and games that don't really belong in the forum games section (like the Dr's A-Z plat club), then I totally support this. There really should be a sub-forum for community events like that. Since right now, they're just kind of jumbled in different forums, and can be hard to find. Having a dedicated forum for community events could also help push more events overall, and get more people to be more active. I know I'd be all for more plat races, they're always pretty exciting to me, lol.

However, if we're talking a sub-forum just for "We Play's", it would probably be better to see if this is something that sticks around for a while or not. If just a couple of people are doing "We Play's" for the next couple of months, and then they drop off, then there's no real need for a sub-forum. I mean, remember when there was a huge surge of people making trophy leagues, and people wanted a sub-forum? Now there's only (I think) 3 going. Which 3 threads definitely isn't enough for an entire sub-forum. So, I think it'd be better to just wait and see if the same thing happens.

This definitely would be best especially since as you mentioned the threads of this nature are scattered about the forums so you really don't know where to look for some of them. On top of that putting them in the "Playstation Network" or the subforum for the particular game of a we play still doesn't seem like the appropriate home for them.  Having a community event subforum would be great and I definitely think there are enough community events going on to justify a subforum for it dood

I totally agree with all of this.

I also miss events sometimes, because it's sometimes hard to sift through the main forums, and I forget where stuff is posted all the time too. I'm sure I'm not the only one (at least I hope not lol), so having it all in a single sub-forum would super helpful in that regard too.

Hopefully Sly agrees and makes the forum, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You aren't the only one, I've been in the league of trophy hunters for about 6 seasons now and I still forget what forum it is in dood xD

• Like 2

Actually a sub-forum for Events is probably the best thing to do (and yes I need to update the A-Z club ^_^) there is also the Seatk rivalry, The Rare Trophy Hunter League, The league of Trophy Hunters...rest of title that Wdjat keeps changing :P and so forth. There is also Parker's site giveaway, Tamer's Christmas give away etc. etc. etc.

I think showcasing all of us this would be awesome as right now someone new to this site may not know of any of these events or be intimidated to join because they see 24 pages and may not understand how to enter.

This definitely would be best especially since as you mentioned the threads of this nature are scattered about the forums so you really don't know where to look for some of them. On top of that putting them in the "Playstation Network" or the subforum for the particular game of a we play still doesn't seem like the appropriate home for them.  Having a community event subforum would be great and I definitely think there are enough community events going on to justify a subforum for it dood

I agree with this. A community events sub-forum would be the perfect place for these things. Maybe the PSNProfiles forum would be a good location for the sub-forum. It doesn't exactly fit into any others.

"Topics regarding specific games should be posted in their sub-forum."

I know it's posted around here somewhere.

And also learn to "Follow this Topic"

Problem solved.

That doesn't solve the issue for people who are trying to look for a We Play session, or those who don't know which they would like to play. The sub-forum would gather all these sessions into one place and would therefore be more convenient. Edited by Akira-chan
  • Like 4

Problem solved.

Well that leads to some problems as well. I mean how often does someone travel into the Okami subforum or maybe you missed out on Tamer's Christmas giveaway and the thing was closed before you could sign up.

If it was all in one sub-forum you could just go there and check out what is happening without having to search for things. Also if we had one Pinned post that highlighted the new events and talked about the different things going on people could just easily go there and see quickly A) what there is to join and B ) what others are up to.

Also about the Follow This Topic...the Star Ocean thread exploded to 24 pages in about a week. If you were trying to follow multiple threads you would have hundreds of notifications every day and that would be just as confusing.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

That doesn't solve the issue for people who are trying to look for a We Play session, or those who don't know which they would like to play. The sub-forum would gather all these session into one place and would therefore be more convenient.

And that's exactly what the Search function is for.

vvv Same Reply to the post's below. vvv

Edited by A12

Problem solved.

Sorry but i have to disagree, i dont want to search through every game sub forum to find a We play that fitts for my mood.  If you have one sub forum for all We play, i can see very fast if i want to join one. Maybe you click on a We play titel because you dont know the game and you get interested because ppl talking about it and than you want to join :) .  (Follow this Topic is good idea :)  , but i bookmark threats very often )

• Like 2

Yes, make a sub-forum somewhere and name it Events, Contests, and Competitions. Or something like that. I've seen other gaming forums have something like this but they usually call it The Stadium or whatever (and it's not used for professional sports circle-jerks).

Also let me add that it seems to take forever for a change like this to get implemented, but I hope it does. For the longest time (I've been around almost a year and a half), mods would tell everyone that announcements for new unreleased games were supposed to go to the Other subforum for the applicable system in the Games Discussion forum. Every time they'd say that I'd suggest they change the name of the subforum to Game Announcements or whatever so that little rule would be readily apparent to people, and when did that finally get changed? Only a couple months ago?

Maybe if enough people talk about it, it'll get put on the to-do list of site additions, because I think it'll be useful. I'd have never known about the Ys We Play because I have no reason to look around in the forum for that game, so the Search function would be irrelevant to me. I'm not going to end up doing that event because I have too many old digital games to get rid of first, but I seriously considered doing it and would've missed out because it gets buried by the dozens of other threads that should be status updates instead. So I think dedicated subforum would be useful.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

Problem solved.

The fact that that rule exists is a good reason why we need a sub-forum, especially in regards to the We Plays.

It's basically impossible to know which games have a We Play going, or are about to start, unless you go through every single game forum one by one, or happen to see that someone happened to post in the topic for a We Play that for a game that you happen to want to play, before they start playing. All of these things makes it incredibly difficult to join in on the events. You can't seriously expect people to look to see if there's a We Play for every single game on their backlog every single day. That's entirely too much to expect of anyone. Especially to do something that's supposed to be a fun community event.

• Like 2

Considering we started a couple of months ago and the games we plan on doing are covering a time scale of a few months ahead of now, on top of the increase in demand. I certainly can't see this suddeny disappearing. Thats for what I'm running at least, burnout for things like races is a lot more likely.

If anything I think not having appropriate sections may kill this off sooner, just because less people would be aware they exist.

Also pitching in for this idea, since the We Plays are heavily community driven and we have such an active community I can't see them dwindling anytime soon.

Especially since so many of us have such big backlogs lol I can see demand only going up.