Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

The topic title speaks for itself, what games did you like that not many people did? or maybe you just liked a game that you felt was super under-appreciated? A game I LOVED was Final Fantasy XIII-2, time travelling was awesome, the combat was cool, the areas were awesome, the music was excellent and the story was pretty good too (well apart from the ending maybe). I haven't played Lightning Returns yet so please no spoilers! :)

• Like 3

Ride to hell retribution

Damnation

Fast & Furious Showdown

Brink

Magus

Bodycount

Rogue warrior

Call of Juarez the cartel

Far Cry Classic

NASCAR 2011

Soon to be The Rambo game

Edited by Moleman
  • Like 2

Assassin's Creed III

(At least from the majority of people I've heard play it.)

I was glad that Ezio's time finally ended, only time I liked him was in Revelations, and that the setting was moved from the "city" into the wild and mostly small towns.

I liked the new mechanics ESPECIALLY the faster assassinations. Random running up a wall happens to me in every AC game so the complaint many had with that was something I had with each game prior. 

I really liked that it introduced a naval aspect...mainly because even though I didn't like it in ACIII it allowed Ubisoft to fine tune everything for ACIV.

Hated III the first time I played it because I believed in the hypetrain. But when I replayed it I enjoyed it alot.

• Like 1

Ride to Hell Retribution is my Game of the Year.

You have to be joking. Please tell me you're joking.

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Then again, I played after the patch, so my experience was probably a lot different. It's by no means a great game, but I had fun playing it, and experienced very few game-breaking bugs.

HAZE, which is severely underrated.

Edited by AnimeDreama

I liked these ones
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
The Order 1886
Legend of Spyro Trilogy(A New Beginning, Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon)I still want an HD collection of this
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
Lair
I also like games based on movies(not all of them are really that bad)

Dragon Age Inquistion
Watch Dogs

Sonic Boom
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes
Destiny

I do probably have other games in mind, but I don't think they are talked about enough to be hated.

Yet didn't care for these ones
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy VII
Minecraft(although might buy the game anyway)
The Walking Dead(kind of liked Jurassic Park better)

• Like 1

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter and Suikoden IV.  I can kind of understand with Suikoden, the sailing and encounter rate was a tad ridiculous, but it wasn't that bad.  But Dragon Quarter is great.  It has a pretty cool battle system.  It's very atmospheric.  It made saving a finite resource.

Hated III the first time I played it because I believed in the hypetrain. But when I replayed it I enjoyed it alot.

I get to skip over stuff like that.

I bought my PS3 VERY late. 2012. I actually didn't play ACIII until a year after it came out.

I'm not a stickler for tradition. Many people told me that without ezio the series was crap or that the new mechanics made it worse and that the setting was shit.

I found it a lot of fun to roam around in the game especially since I am from Boston and it looked like the pictures in my elementary school textbooks. I wasn't a fan of the settings Ezio was in except Revelations which I suppose is another game I enjoyed that many others I know didn't.

Although I did have a lot of fun taking in the sites in II and Brotherhood, and looking at the detail the people who worked on the game put in. :D

I actually plan on replaying the game soon as I haven't done so since I got the Plat sometime last year.

I liked these ones

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

The Order 1886

Legend of Spyro Trilogy(A New Beginning, Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon)I still want an HD collection of this

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly

Lair

I also like games based on movies(not all of them are really that bad)

Dragon Age Inquistion

Watch Dogs

Sonic Boom

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic Heroes

Destiny

I do probably have other games in mind, but I don't think they are talked about enough to be hated.

Yet didn't care for these ones

The Last of Us

Final Fantasy VII

Minecraft(although might buy the game anyway)

The Walking Dead(kind of liked Jurassic Park better)

Dragon Age Inquisition received universal acclaim.

Destiny, though it did not receive extremely high scores, was still received well-enough that it was not a total flop, and general reception since release has gotten better.

Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon has received an average reception of somewhere between 65% and 70%, and it is on PS3.

My experience was the opposite. I marathoned AC1-ACR and my hype levels for AC3 were through the roof, I even pre-ordered the $140 Freedom Edition.

On launch day I popped the game in my PS3 and had a blast, it surpassed the hype for me.

Then 2 years after I got the plat I decided to replay it and it didn't hold up.

The Final Fantasy XIII trilogy has gotten a lot of hate but it's one of my favourite trilogies that I've played

Another would be Assassin's Creed IV considering many didn't like the feature of pirates and the emphasis placed with the naval feature

And finally, Resident Evil 5. I played it coop with one of my best mates, it was really amusing and a great experience ^-^ But I can imagine how dull it can be if played solo

Edited by SkyesUnholy

I really enjoyed Watch Dogs even though I was led to believe it was a mid-tier game with terrible driving mechanics. I thought the driving was great for the game and the hacking was fantastic both while driving and running around. 

Dante's Inferno - I had a great time playing this even though it was basically a God of War clone. 

Final Fantasy XIII - I thoroughly enjoyed platting this one and I thought XIII-2 was only slightly less entertaining than the first. I have yet to try Lightning Returns but I expect to enjoy that one, as well.

Resident Evil 1 - 3 (not many people like the tank control, camera fixed, etc but it's what I grew up with), enslaved odyssey to the west, hunted the demon's forge, alien vs predator, blades of time, dead island (many many people don't like it because of buggy/glitch).

Games that I've seen more negative comments about than positive (or people flat out not even bothering to try them because of what other people have said):

• Arcania
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Back to the Future
  • Deadly Premonition
  • Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
  • Enter the Matrix
  • Ether One
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Game of Thrones (Cyanide Studios)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
  • Hydrophobia
  • Jurassic Park (Telltale Games)
  • Lost: Via Domus
  • Magrunner: Dark Pulse
  • Magus
  • Matrix: Path of Neo
  • Naughty Bear
  • NCIS
  • New Little King's Story
  • Of Orcs and Men
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
  • Prison Break
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Remember Me
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic (not on consoles, but listing it anyway)
  • The Bouncer
  • The Cursed Crusade
  • The Expendables 2
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest
  • The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  • The Raven
  • The Saboteur
  • Two Worlds II
  • Unearthed
  • Venetica
  • Watch Dogs