Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

I think some of the Harry Potter games were rather poorly received, but I enjoyed every one. I also remember liking the PS2 Aeon Flux game that got pretty bad reviews. 

More recently: I think Watchdogs really isn't as bad as people say. It was plenty enjoyable, just ruined by people's expectations.

By far the most hated game that I love is Assassin's Creed Unity. I don't care about glitches, this game was the absolute pinnacle of the series for me. Easily an 8.5/10.

The Final Fantasy XIII trilogy has gotten a lot of hate but it's one of my favourite trilogies that I've played

Another would be Assassin's Creed IV considering many didn't like the feature of pirates and the emphasis placed with the naval feature

And finally, Resident Evil 5. I played it coop with one of my best mates, it was really amusing and a great experience ^-^ But I can imagine how dull it can be if played solo

I was going to say Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, but Resident Evil 5 nails it on the head. The difference here is I enjoyed it solo. The only thing I really hated was the inventory system (should've stuck with the case from RE4)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3/Vita)

I know that a lot of people think the game sucks but assembling a great four-player team of non-LSSJ Broly, Goku SSJ3 clones for missions is fun. Much more fun than relying on stupid AI partners. It's a simple game in the vein of classic beat 'em ups.

Co-Op

I'd go as far as to say that this game offers the best co-op experience out of all the DBZ games at the present. XenoVerse does some nice things with the hubs but the co-op Parallel Quests take a step down by limiting the party to 3 players instead of 4 and leaving the stage select at the sole discretion of the team leader, whereas in BoZ, it cycled among the party.

And you could actually see who the hell teammates were going to play as before finding yourself stuck in a PQ with some generic Saiyan spammer. The hell!

XenoVerse 2 needs a little BoZ co-op implementation.

Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3, Xbox360)

Before Tecmo decided to honor notorious WWF wrestler Razor Ramon with the Razor's Edge version, I never thought this game was bad. The combat for the most part was solid and blood actually erupted from enemies' severed limbs and bodies instead of the purple mist present in the Sigma games.

as far as i know, i am the only person alive who likes kane and lynch.

kaneandlynch.jpg

The closest that I got to playing a Kane and Lynch game was when I violently (but stealthily) murdered their asses in Hitman: Absolution courtesy of Agent 47's clever imagination. I do own Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days on the PS3. Purchased it for only $5 brand new on clearance at a K-Mart that has long since closed its doors in the area. I might as well buy the first game for continuity sake.

Edited by AdventCloud7

spec-ops-the-line-02112012.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line

This game has one damn crazy good storyline. I shat bricks at the end  :P

Gameplay wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special, either. All in all, this game is worth playing.

This game before release was expected to be just another wanna be CoD. It actually was a huge success and has a huge fan base.

Edited by FOOTBALLBOY-_-

Assassin's Creed 3, probably because I find the history of the United States and that particular period quite fascinating. AC3 is not exactly the most accurate of portrayals of the Revolutionary War and might often come off as extremely silly (Paul Revere riding bitch behind Connor anyone? lol), but I found myself thoroughly immersed nonetheless.

Resident Evil 5 and 6, I don't know, they're dumb, loud, pretty much on rails and not really scary or suspenseful, but I had a jolly good time playing them in co-op with a friend.

Watch_Dogs, a game that has an incredibly forgettable story and mostly dull characters but is redeemed (sort of) by its intricate open world design, smooth gameplay and yes, great graphics.

-The Order 1886

-Lolipop Chainsaw

-DMC Devil May Cry

-RAGE

-Asura's Wrath

-Castlevania LOS 2

-Enslaved

-Arkham Origins

-Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Neverdead gets an honerable mention. It was a terrible game, but I had fun with it. Plat was painful though.

Edited by MagicSandwych

I cant think of any game that comes within this category. Most games listed before me are actually liked by many people. Batman? Enslaved? Assassins Creed? haha really? I guess the closest game that comes to this is Duke Nukem Forever but then again it was still liked by many.

write a list of games that not many actually liked and it would be a very small list. Just sayin.  :P

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of people seem to mention critically acclaimed games that the vocal minority bitches about. I don't think that's the point of this thread, but I suppose I could be wrong. I figured it was for games critically/universally panned that you somehow ended up liking.

Kind of like Matt Hazard, Rogue Warrior, Cross Edge, etc. Why someone would mention Dragon Age or Assassin's Creed 3 is beyond me as all those games enjoyed a very good reception.

AMY

Probably the most hated game I've ever seen. Played it after all the patches, sure it's not great, but it ran perfectly fine. Sure the gameplay had a few things that could've been better. But it wasn't as bad as some suggest and had it been supported properly, I'm sure many of issues would've been ironed out in a sequel.

It did survival pretty well in some aspects of it, that's why I like it.

The Order: 1886 was pretty good as well. Yes, it lacks on the gameplay a little bit. But the story, characters and setting are brilliant.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On