Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

I'm glad someone else already said FFVIII, I don't understand why people hate its plot :-P

Anyway, I really enjoyed "The Bouncer" on PS2 as well as "The Punisher". I played it again now and those mechanics feel like they're old as hell, but back in 2005 it was really good xD

i don't hate its plot i just hate the way they messed up the whole combat system in favour of gathering materials constantly from enemies and the whole combat system in general was a turn off for me. Story was good though.

The Evil Within. I loved the game and loved how it was a pretty difficult one as well. Having played the main game around 5-6 times, it is one of the few times where I felt pre-ordering a game turned out well for me. I don't quite understand why many didn't like it.  One of my favorite games in the last few years.

• Like 1

Dragon Age II. It's the weakest entry in the series, and definitely does suffer from dungeon recycling. But it also has a pretty engaging plot and sets up some really important developments for the future. I didn't like most of the characters as much as those in Origins or Inquisition, but they all had their moments, especially Varic. Worth the time for fans of the series.

One game I have liked playing lately is Star Wars Battlefront.

ogimage.img.jpeg

I wouldn't say it's my absolute favourite but i've had a fair bit of fun with it at times. I can understand how people think this game is a disappointment, even I think this game could've had a lot more to it! (more maps + other additional content).

Edited by Skeptical69

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2016 at 6:11 PM, sebacarcamo said:

AC III, IV and Unity

Watch_Dogs

I think most people liked AC IV. But I agree that the others were mostly unliked, and I agree with you about all of them. 

The only really negative thing I have to say about Watch Dogs is that the protagonist was emotionless and dull. I thought Connor from AC3 was far more relatable than Aiden. Oh, and also, it doesn't make the game itself worse, but the Platinum hunt is overly frustrating because of the stupid luck-based trophy "Disk Space Full". I'm glad I got it, but screw that trophy, and luck-based trophies in general. 

The only recent game that comes to mind besides AC3, Unity, and Watch Dogs, is The Legend of Korra. I had a blast playing that game. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I think most people liked AC IV. But I agree that the others were mostly unliked, and I agree with you about all of them. 

The only really negative thing I have to say about Watch Dogs is that the protagonist was emotionless and dull. I thought Connor from AC3 was far more relatable than Aiden. Oh, and also, it doesn't make the game itself worse, but the Platinum hunt is overly frustrating because of the stupid luck-based trophy "Disk Space Full". I'm glad I got it, but screw that trophy, and luck-based trophies in general. 

The only recent game that comes to mind besides AC3, Unity, and Watch Dogs, is The Legend of Korra. I had a blast playing that game. 

I think you're right about AC IV, 

I just put that game because all my friends who played them didn't like the game. About Watch_Dogs, the least I liked was the driving and the characters, none of them have charisma (except for Aiden's sister) but the fun game and you could have a good time with the game. But I couldn't get the platinum because my internet was not good for the online, and I tried to get "Social Lubricant" before the patch, which was imposible at that time.

44 minutes ago, sebacarcamo said:

I think you're right about AC IV, 

I just put that game because all my friends who played them didn't like the game. About Watch_Dogs, the least I liked was the driving and the characters, none of them have charisma (except for Aiden's sister) but the fun game and you could have a good time with the game. But I couldn't get the platinum because my internet was not good for the online, and I tried to get "Social Lubricant" before the patch, which was imposible at that time.

The one criticism of AC IV I've heard is that it's not a true AC game until the end, which is true enough. 

Hmm, looking at my list (copied from you plus Legend of Korra), the only Platinum I don't have is AC III, but I'm slowly working on that one. 

For Watch Dogs I did like T-Bone and the other hacker who was in hiding (I forget his name), in addition to Aiden's sister. But yeah, none of the villains or other story characters were very interesting, unlike many of the AC characters. I sort of got the hang of driving in the game, but it was not great. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best example I can think of is probably Kitten Squad. People slam it for being a game made by PETA but I thought it was so bad it's good, very enjoyably for as long as it lasts and it's a good message they try to get out there, if a bit preachy.

"not many people" is an overstatement with Assassin's Creed but I kept enjoying the series when others complained about how same-old, same-old the games were getting.

I really enjoyed games like Four Sided Fantasy and Magrunner, which have but a bare few buyers on PSNP. Shame, they deserve much more.

I am playing through Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, and while many of the complaints are on right on (unhelpful camera angles, weird difficulty spikes where you cleave through one group, only to have a few lucky shots against you take you down to 25% health, many later levels become a clusterfuck spectacle of effects and shaky cam), there is something here I can't say no to. 

I actually do think this game would've been better received if the NG name and staples weren't attached to it.

Hardware Rivals is probably the best example I can think of... it was a PS+ game and I found it to be a very enjoyable online game, even if it was a bit light on content. I love the concept of a vehicular combat game, and you don't see many of those. It was basically Mario Kart battle mode. But I guess my bias comes from that I got really good at the game and did consistently well once I got the hang of it. Can't imagine it's that active anymore. Oh well, cool that its platinum ended up becoming Ultra Rare. I think that happened since they made it so you can't get the trophies in Private Matches.

Call of Juarez: The Cartel: I liked it because it was a series that i didn't knew so i went in with no expectations at all. And i'm definetely more of a modern gun guy, i enjoy to use assault rifles over the guns you can use in for example Red Dead Redemption. But it was fun to play through this game

Motorstorm RC: This was one of my favorite games, short laps with very fast responding cars. I heard some complaints about the camera angles, and also about the handling of the cars, but it both felt realistic, i have driven (not much) with a couple of these cars and this is how they drive, and also this how your view is regarding the track. The game really pushes you towards that perfect lap which i really liked. The trophies do this as well, i probably will play it again on a second account

Also Yoshi's Island 3DS, I thought it was decent (though what I saw people complain most about is the music, which I admit, yeah, isn't the best)... and I'm REALLY grateful you can collect each type of collectible separately this time instead of having to do them all at a time, that was a huge improvement from the past games

And from what I've heard a bunch of people didn't like the Sonic Advance games for GBA but I liked them, loved those games as a kid

Edited by Zanreo

The Order 1886 - Sure, I can understand the criticism against this game, but I found the combination of the linear story, gameplay and graphics truly amazing.

BioShock 2 - Never understood the hate for the second game in this franchise. I loved every second of the story mode, all the time I've put into the multiplayer mode and of course all the DLC.

Beyond Two Souls - Believe it or not, this is actually one of my favourite video games of all time.

Resident Evil 6 - The four interwoven campaigns were criticised a lot, but I actually did enjoy it - maybe a little too much? :P

• Like 1