Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

2 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

The Order 1886 - Sure, I can understand the criticism against this game, but I found the combination of the linear story, gameplay and graphics truly amazing.

I never god why it received as much hate as it did. Only downside in my eyes was the last minute sequel hook that now goes unresolved.

• Like 1

Mine was FFX-2. It's actually one of my favourite FF games and I shamefully had 11 playthrough's on the PS2 version way back. I loved the battle system, sphere changing and mission style non-linear gameplay a lot, and the music like 1000 words was nice as well. 

Other games I liked that were not too popular were XIII trilogy which I loved but was indeed very poorly received by FF fans. I liked both the linear nature of XIII as well as the more open sequels. The garb system in LR reminded me a lot of Sphere changing in X-2 which I enjoyed. The three games were probably my most enjoyable Platinums.

Other games I liked but were not well received were FFXII, Tales of Graces F and Xillia 2, the Harry Potter games and Psycho Pass. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

The Order 1886 - Sure, I can understand the criticism against this game, but I found the combination of the linear story, gameplay and graphics truly amazing.

BioShock 2 - Never understood the hate for the second game in this franchise. I loved every second of the story mode, all the time I've put into the multiplayer mode and of course all the DLC.

I don't love The Order 1886, but I really did like what they were doing with the game, and I would be open to a Sequel if they do more, and not make it so short. 

Bioshock 2 however I absolutely love! I can't understand the hate at all. The story was great, Rapture still has so much story you can tell, the multiplayer was surprisingly fun and Minerva's Den is amazing DLC. 

• 3 months later...

I could confidently say the Dynasty Warriors Franchise. Everytime I try to talk to people about it, they always try to revert the conversation to Final Fantasy....which is a franchiese I haven't tried yet, only a few games, to base an opinion. Yea....no one likes Koei for some reason T.T

On 14/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

Mine was FFX-2. It's actually one of my favourite FF games and I shamefully had 11 playthrough's on the PS2 version way back. I loved the battle system, sphere changing and mission style non-linear gameplay a lot, and the music like 1000 words was nice as well. 

Other games I liked that were not too popular were XIII trilogy which I loved but was indeed very poorly received by FF fans. I liked both the linear nature of XIII as well as the more open sequels. The garb system in LR reminded me a lot of Sphere changing in X-2 which I enjoyed. The three games were probably my most enjoyable Platinums.

Other games I liked but were not well received were FFXII, Tales of Graces F and Xillia 2, the Harry Potter games and Psycho Pass. 

I totally agree with you. Back then FFX and X-2 were my FAVORITE games of all time, and never understood why X-2 had very bad reviews. I loved getting their platinum on PS3, enjoyed every second of it (well, the grind stuff not so much lol)

I personally don't like FFXIII, i don't know why bores me so much, but that being said, FFXIII-2 and LR have been my other favorite FF games of all time.

I liked FFXII a lot as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-3-2017 at 3:03 PM, BillyHorrible said:

I never god why it received as much hate as it did. Only downside in my eyes was the last minute sequel hook that now goes unresolved.

If I'd paid 60 Euros for it at launch I would have not been happy I totally get why people were disapointed with it at launch it's very short, and doesn't really contain alot of gameplay either. I waited a few years and paid 12 Euros for it, at that price it I enjoyed my time with it

28 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

If I'd paid 60 Euros for it at launch I would have not been happy I totally get why people were disapointed with it at launch it's very short, and doesn't really contain alot of gameplay either. I waited a few years and paid 12 Euros for it, at that price it I enjoyed my time with it

Until Dawn was as short, had even less gameplay and people were over the moon with that one for some reason.

36 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Until Dawn was as short, had even less gameplay and people were over the moon with that one for some reason.

Because it was something a bit different I imagine, not another game where the main gameplay loop is shooting people. I played it along with my Wife and she ended up with a very different ending than I did which was neat, I remember it still took us a couple of nights to get through it so don't remember it being that short.

26 minutes ago, IBadDriverI said:

driveclub so many haters for this game but the best racer for ps4 atm and Onechanbara Z2

I thought Driveclub was very boring in the end. I love The Crew though, which also gets a large amount of flack (though less so than Driveclub).

14 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

Because it was something a bit different I imagine, not another game where the main gameplay loop is shooting people. I played it along with my Wife and she ended up with a very different ending than I did which was neat, I remember it still took us a couple of nights to get through it so don't remember it being that short.

Yeah, I guess. I enjoyed The Order 1886 more than Until Dawn though.

And 'different ending' is pretty much just how many people are in the final scene and how long you'll drag it on. I'm still waiting on the "choices" game that actually diverges drastically depending on how you play.

• 3 weeks later...

Resident Evil 6

The Order 1886 

FFX-2 (guilty pleasure)

Bioshock 2 

Metal Gear Solid 2

Silent Hill 4 The Room

Silent Hill Homecoming 

Thief

Beyond Two Souls

FFVIII

DMC

Remember Me 

Edited by Firefoxie

Resonance of Fate. Best RPG from the last gen. I know about six people who played it (counting both IRL and the 'net), only two of them made it as far as the tutorial, only one of them finished it.

I understand the battle system is both very unique and very unforgiving and the game kind of infodumps the entire tutorial on you, but sheesh. Kind of sad not many gave it a chance. Sure, I had to invest a bit of time to understand it but once I did it turned out to be one of the most fun battle systems I've ever tried. Also, the Elderly Man is the best optional boss ever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TooruPT said:

Resonance of Fate. Best RPG from the last gen. I know about six people who played it (counting both IRL and the 'net), only two of them made it as far as the tutorial, only one of them finished it.

I understand the battle system is both very unique and very unforgiving and the game kind of infodumps the entire tutorial on you, but sheesh. Kind of sad not many gave it a chance. Sure, I had to invest a bit of time to understand it but once I did it turned out to be one of the most fun battle systems I've ever tried. Also, the Elderly Man is the best optional boss ever.

I haveca physical copy of that game . I'm kinda of eager to start cause of the steep learning curve at first but if it compells me i'll learn it in no time and can always use some serious challenge on my games from time to time .