Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

I liked G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra for PS2 (hadn't tried the PS3 version)...but it took getting used to, as I didn't like it in the beginning and tried to sell it to GameStop...but it was interesting in the end. I doubt many people gave the game a chance though. 

Not many people liked Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 because of it's "goofy" setup and story and bad A.I. but as a lifelong C&C fan, I couldn't find myself to hate it. Now Command & Conquer 4? I don't think I need to explain that one.

I'll add Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II but only for the good ending and because I'm quite the Star Wars fan. 

Going back a few years, I don't see anyone talk about Rise To Honor for the PlayStation 2. I spent plenty of hours in that game and enjoying every minute of it. It's a shame that it seems to be forgotten in time now :(

I got quite a few, but I'll just pick three that seem to get frown upon the most I've seen.

Final Fantasy VIII (8)  

Trust me, I know this isn't the best of the Final Fantasy games, it has it's flaws with the magic drawing and junction systems. When this game came out, I couldn't beat it because I didn't understand the junction myself. Older, I now know the story drops the ball towards the end. Despite all that, I really enjoy the combat, the world their in, and the music. Fisherman's Horizon being one of my favorite piece.

Final Fantasy X-2

Heard from some that they didn't like the mood of this game compared to the first. X-2 is much definitely more lighthearted, and dare I say, cute? I don't mind this, I think it's fun. The combat system is different, bringing the ATB back, which I love how fast the combat is in the game compared to X's. And the OST is some of my favorites, I remember replacing some of the music from Final Fantasy XI (11) with X-2's. Besaid's theme works in Windurst.

Tales of Zestiria

I don't know if it's because the last Tales of games I've played was Tales of the Abyss before jumping to Zestiria, but I was blown away on how they change the battle system. Apparently, there was a controversy involving a "party member?" named Alisha, who was marketed as one of the main characters in Japan. Which she leaves the group and don't return. Read some people disliked the game because of that. Still playing through it though and I'm still loving it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

I haveca physical copy of that game . I'm kinda of eager to start cause of the steep learning curve at first but if it compells me i'll learn it in no time and can always use some serious challenge on my games from time to time .

Be sure to go to the battle arena in the city map as soon as you're able, that's where the in-depth tutorials are. It's not the most user friendly tutorial (quite detailed but it sort of dumps the whole thing on you) so it's recommended you practice bit by bit in the first couple of fights to figure things out at your own pace.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2015 at 6:17 PM, Nightstream88 said:

Legend of Spyro Trilogy(A New Beginning, Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon)I still want an HD collection of this

I know this is a 2 year old comment but YES GOD YES, my first ever PS game was A New Beginning and I treasure that series so much.

16 hours ago, Terra said:

Going back a few years, I don't see anyone talk about Rise To Honor for the PlayStation 2. I spent plenty of hours in that game and enjoying every minute of it. It's a shame that it seems to be forgotten in time now :(

Oh man who can forget that Jet Li game lol I LOOOOVED IT AND STILL HAVE THE PS2 GAME

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Despite a decidedly positive reception from critics at the time of release, the only other time Nuts & Bolts seemed to get positive coverage was at the release of Rare Replay seven years later. It was unceremoniously skipped over in annual press and industry awards, from both broad and specific categories, forgotten by year's end ... even in a rather dull gaming year.

But the media doesn't really matter here. What of the armchair critics on internet video game site comment sections? Where anyone can share an opinion regardless of experience, and where a game can be written off completely or hyped to high heavens before any non-developer even has the physical ability to play it?

That lot saw fit to completely trash Nuts & Bolts. Not for what it was, but exclusively for what it wasn't. It wasn't "Banjo-Threeie" for starts, and it wasn't even a traditional 3D platformer! It was often called a ripoff of LittleBigPlanet even, which couldn't be further from reality.

Instead, it was a vehicle-building, puzzle-centric, action / adventure sandbox that just happened to star Banjo and Kazooie. And it was completely brilliant. No other game gave you the kind of freedom to tackle objectives with your own creativity like Nuts & Bolts at the time. It's the true successor to the Banjo-Kazooie throne that old-school fans were to blind to see. It evolved the collect-a-thon mechanics and actually gave them a purpose. And it still featured classic BK humor, an excellent Grant Kirkhope score, and beautiful worlds worth exploring.

Nuts & Bolts is in a league of its own amongst its predecessors, successors, rivals, and peers. It's as unique today as it was when it released, but it satisfies so many cravings that it's still bewildering to think of how it could so completely overlooked and unjustly hated. Its Rare's most genius bit of game design in their impressive history, and it will sadly never get credited.

All the folk who rushed to Kickstart Yooka-Laylee because they missed collect-a-thons collectively passed on the best example of its kind, and it's a shame that all these new ones are only drawing inspiration from a universe where we have to pretend Nuts & Bolts never existed.

Apparantly not many people liked Evolve, but i loved that game!

Altough i understand where they're coming from and i agree that it wasnt enough content for a 60 bucks premium release.

Never the less, still played it for 3 months straight until i got platinum. (One of my earliest completions)

Lair. There's never been anything quite like it, then or now, and for the life of me I can't understand the critics' outcry over the controls. Even with a dodgy third-party controller, sixaxis worked pretty much flawlessly for me every time. Just a fantastic, well-developed game, set in a dark fantasy world before dark fantasy became so overused. 

Knack. Again, I don't understand the issue here. Yes, it's simple, yes, there's no combos - but isn't that the whole point? It was a strange but incredibly fun blend of God of War and Crash Bandicoot, and was hard for the same reasons. The story was forgettable, but it had an innocent charm too often absent in today's games. 

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. This one's flaws are harder to defend - it's an unfinished game, after all - but its ambitions still shine though. It built one of the moodiest game worlds I've ever seen, almost noir in tone, and beyond wonky game mechanics was the same satisfying platforming and exploration of previous instalments. Far better than the series' more recent, focus-tested-to-hell-and-back outings. 

DRIV3R. The out-of-car sections are the only parts that really let this one down. Driving itself feels exactly as it should, hitting just the right balance of fluidity and challenge. This was never a GTA-clone; with its serious story, real world cities and crime-thriller tone, it carved its own niche. 

Sonic Unleashed. Most Sonic games get a reputation harsher than they deserve, but this one especially stands out. It was the last Sonic game on PlayStation platforms that had a soul. The warehog sections, although immediately out of place, were never boring, never outstayed their welcome, and did help break up the game between the terrific daytime sections. Sonic Generations may be the better game, and is certainly a marvel to behold, but it also lacks a personality. 

On 12/12/2016 at 0:20 AM, Embodied_Requiem said:

My game would have to be Dead Island. I enjoyed the gameplay, the outlandish characters, and the tropical setting. I loved the fact that Techland wanted the user to use melee weapons to kill zombies rather than guns. Using melee weapons was definitely more fun and I enjoyed exploring the island for items and completing side-quests! It definitely had it's flaws, but I believe many were too harsh towards the game. Would recommend picking up the definitive edition for the PS4 if you have yet to play it! Techland is the developer of Dying Light, so if you enjoyed it, you may enjoy Dead Island

One of my favorites on PS3 that no one else probably even knows about is Escape Dead Island. It has some genuinely creepy vibes and its fun little stealth game. Unfortunately the general consensus is it sucked. But I don't care!!!

Mine hands down is the Wild Arms series. The series has 5 games (6 if you included Alter Code F) and I don't think the entire series combined has sold more than 1 million units. That doesn't matter to me though, I have them all and I love that series. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Champ147 said:

Mine hands down is the Wild Arms series. The series has 5 games (6 if you included Alter Code F) and I don't think the entire series combined has sold more than 1 million units. That doesn't matter to me though, I have them all and I love that series. 

Great series. WA3 was my favorite of the series.

7 hours ago, Champ147 said:

Need a Sequel!