Spudchip

Games you liked that not many people did.

455 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2017 at 2:32 PM, AlchemistWer said:

Suikoden I , II and Baten Kaitos origins OF COURSE! ❤️

I have Suikoden 1 and 2 as a Psone Classic, I should play them heehee

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, syumisan said:

I have Suikoden 1 and 2 as a Psone Classic, I should play them heehee

Of course, do it, both are nice great games, with amazing character and story, my favorite is Suikoden I but Suikoden II is amazing too.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, syumisan said:

I have Suikoden 1 and 2 as a Psone Classic, I should play them heehee

 

You should. Suikoden 2 especially has aged very well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can think of two low tier games that I liked. The first is Ridge Racer on Vita. It was one of the first 2 games I got with the system. Didn't know it was so poorly rated. But at the time I was just thinking that this was the best graphics I had ever seen on a handheld.Since I never really had a competing racing game to compare with on the system, Ridge Racer didn't seem all that flawed. Even when I realized that the game was hollow in terms of content, I still  thought that it was a serviceable game. Trophy hunting for it was fun. I'm not going to platinum it but 87% seems good enough.

 

The other game on this list that I got much later is Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. I know this game is like shovelware but the Ambitreacherous trophy gave the game the impetus it needed, so the second playthough was fun just as long as I tuned out all the pseudo-dialog. The game is a parody of Zelda games, which I never really liked, but here I actually liked the gameplay. Voiceovers while shallow were still appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Me. Very memorable game imo.....I feel it was totally unappreciated by most people. art-of-remember-me-hc.jpg?1367596086

Edited by UrbanaSupernovA
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ps2_whiplash.jpg

 

Whiplash is probably my best candidate for this asides from The Legend of Spyro trilogy, which I happened to greatly enjoy.

As an adult I can see where this game lacks, but I loved it to bits as a kid and subsequently still like it as an adult.

Asides from the rail sliding level. Fuck that level.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

I can think of two low tier games that I liked. The first is Ridge Racer on Vita. It was one of the first 2 games I got with the system. Didn't know it was so poorly rated. But at the time I was just thinking that this was the best graphics I had ever seen on a handheld.Since I never really had a competing racing game to compare with on the system, Ridge Racer didn't seem all that flawed. Even when I realized that the game was hollow in terms of content, I still  thought that it was a serviceable game. Trophy hunting for it was fun. I'm not going to platinum it but 87% seems good enough.

 

Yeah the only issue with that game is the severe lack of content (cars, tracks, modes... but hey it has like 80-ish downloadable free music tracks LOL) but it's like a portable version of Ridge Racer 7. I need a couple of trophies to get the Platinum but i abandoned it some months ago...

Edited by T87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, UrbanaSupernovA said:

Remember Me. Very memorable game imo.....I feel it was totally unappreciated by most people. 

Good mention... glad it was a PS+ game, otherwise I probably would have missed out on it.

 

Anyway, came here to mention Mafia III. Yeah, it's a little rough around the edges but all in all I thought it was a solid game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Spec Ops: The Line is the most underrated game I've ever played

 

Resultado de imagen de spec ops the line

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tales of phantasia from n64 and pc.

It would be nice having this game remastered to ps4 with adding trophies and plat. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binary Domain. It felt like a third person shooter that was set in the terminator universe yet it didn't carry the terminator license. Most people avoid it because of the online trophies taking forever but the single player is good.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first game that comes to my mind is TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. Sure its a short game (like Hyperstone Heist and Turtles in Time) and no Local Co-op (thankfully, imo), but the visuals and gameplay were great. I can only complain about one stage being literally copy-paste from another and patetic AI (and commands), but sure a great game.

 

Also some platforming/child games like Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures (love those), Cars 2 and Brave.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Fantasy XIII: to be honest, I never understood the hate. The game has one hell of a battle system, interesting characters (if you except a few of course), awesome plot... The game was linear okay but seriously why the hate ? It's not like the whole game was shitty.
Dead Space 3: not my favorite game ever but it was a great action game. As a Dead Space game, yeah I kinda understand why people despised it. I am myself a fan of the licence but I overlooked it and enjoyed the game and well, I really hope EA will make Dead Space 4 because they can't let things end this way.
Resident Evil 6: haters gonna hate but RE6 is my favorite RE game. I don't care about all this "it's not a true Resident Evil game", "there's too much action", ... I enjoyed it really much, each campaign had a great duo (Leon/Ada & Chris/Piers on top of all), and okay, okay, okay, the villain was bad but hey, the rest got out pretty well to me.

- Star Ocean: The Last Hope: it's contradictory but it's one of my fav RPG ever and it has one of the shittiest characters and plot I know. The gameplay was incredible though, just like the dungeons and that was enough for me to keep going through the whole game to get the platinum (okay I only have unlocked all the achievements on 360, I'm not able mentally speaking to go through that once again).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In parallel to the other thread I posted, let's give some games some airtime that you think are awesome that maybe didn't get as good reviews or aren't held in high regard in the community.

 

I would definitely for the following: 

Heavy Rain - Reminded me a lot of Saw. I think it would make a great film. On the edge of my seat playing it, loved the ending.

Hitman Absolution - My favourite Hitman of all time. Tense, interesting and really dark.

Grow Home / Grow Up - Absolutely incredible platformer, I had so much fun on these games.

 

Interested to hear what you guys think!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mass Effect: Andromeda.  It's definitely not on par with the original trology,  but it's fun.  It's patched now too.  I recently replayed it and it was better than I remember,  yes the story is not very original,  but it's not garbage as many people claim.  But the combat and exploration are amazing.  I might even say 8/10.

Edited by Kesme63
Typo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kesme63 said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda.  It's definitely not on par with the original trology,  but it's fun.  It's patched now too.  I recently replayed it and it was better than I remember,  yes the story is not very original,  but it's not garbage as many people claim.  But the combat and exploration are amazing.  I might even say 8/10.

 

I completely agree. Loved it. Though I haven't played the original trilogy so that may have helped.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

In parallel to the other thread I posted, let's give some games some airtime that you think are awesome that maybe didn't get as good reviews or aren't held in high regard in the community.

 

I would definitely for the following: 

Heavy Rain - Reminded me a lot of Saw. I think it would make a great film. On the edge of my seat playing it, loved the ending.

Hitman Absolution - My favourite Hitman of all time. Tense, interesting and really dark.

Grow Home / Grow Up - Absolutely incredible platformer, I had so much fun on these games.

 

Interested to hear what you guys think!

Interesting to hear that about Hitman Absolution! For the record, I did enjoy Absolution quite a bit, but definitely prefer the direction they went with Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2.

 

For me I have to say Need for Speed 2015, lots of people in the NFS community consider it the worst recent addition to the series but I liked the atmosphere and the handling etc, was actually my first ever platinum trophy and I felt the game did a lot right that sequels didn't necessarily follow up on. The story/characters was a little bit cringe (still enjoyed it though) but that's ordinary for Need for Speed games and I definitely wouldn't rank 2015 in the worst offenders of the series for this.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not saying people dont like them but Binding of Isaac is still a super underrated game for me, it has so much replay value. Little Nightmares is also a good pick up, the art style is great and they have another game coming out next year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

 

I completely agree. Loved it. Though I haven't played the original trilogy so that may have helped.

I definitely recommend you play the Original trilogy if you have the chance, it's more linear and story/character driven and much better written than Andromeda and it's just fantastic. There are so many books, movies, games etc, that I love, but none of them has such a special place in my heart as Mass Effect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.