Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

James Camerons Avatar. Still up there with coolest games I ever played, playing as the Navi was so good, flying on the Banshee and the larger one whose name I can't remember. Badass. I couldn't get enough of it. Playing as RDA too while not as fun, it was still an interesting experience taking the role as the small guys knowing whats out there. Lastly the multiplayer, played it so much on both 360 and PS3, was right there to the end when you seen the same few people everyday.

Back in 2016 when playing The Witcher 3 I thought it was super underated, now in 2020 thats not the case anymore and it gained a lot popularity (and well deserved! ):D

I recently played One Night Stand, I feel like people aren’t open to it cause of the title and I think a lot of people in the trophy hunting community think this is just another easy plat. But I actually really enjoyed it and I was surprised to say on my second boot up it was a Ratalaika game. It was a very nice story and the all of the outcomes were quite funny or baffling. :D

Dead Island is the best zombie game made hands down!!

Iconoclasts should get more recognition.

We Happy Few I find underrated as well. I loved the game cause the story was interesting, a world where drugs is needed and accepted in society to stay happy, thats pretty bold to make a game about in such a manner. Addiction is mentioned too, of course. The game looks colourful when on drugs and the colours fade when off drugs.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, I hear so many people saying its such a slow and boring game. I agree its slow but the story was interesting enough to keep me walking. The game gave me shivers a lot too and I like the thrill sometimes. :P

What Remains of Edith Finch, underrated indie guys, try it out!! :)

And many more.

• Like 4

Alpha Protocol was mistaken for a broken third person shooter by most, though it has gathered many followers over the years. The original Deus Ex had a similar fate.

Batman Arkham Origins came too late to the party, but IMO is the best of the Arkham games.

Archibald's Adventures is the best puzzle platformer I have played.

• Like 2

Battleborn, still remains one of my favorite team shooters. Despite being rough as fuck at launch, it has a charm and creativity that made it far, far more interesting than the soulless polish of Overwatch.

Agents of Mayhem, while definitely not a proper 'Saints Row' game, was super fun and its open world combined with the 'switching between three characters at will' mechanic was pretty cool. Finding that last crystal thing took me literal hours though.

Fallout 76 is a buggy mess, but I always thought it was better than everyone says. It's a fun game to play with friends / partners - the singleplayer potential isn't that good, but that's because it's more like a survival game / MMO than it is an actual RPG.

Mass Effect Andromeda definitely lacked polish and I wish they'd had more time to do it right, but it was a fun game nonetheless. If you don't compare it to 2 / 3 it stands on its own relatively well. Still need to go back and platinum it some day.

• Like 1

Games that come to mind:

PS3 -

• TMNT Out of the Shadows
    • Was a fun multiplayer experience, flaws aside, and I think it was only $19.99 when it came out
  • SLY 2
    • I've seen a lot of people shit on this game in the forums, but I actually liked it better than the first.  Probably my favorite of the trilogy.
  • Dead Island
    • Girl I was dating at the time picked up this game.  Wasn't super stoked on it at first, but after putting in some time it was actually really enjoyable and had a ridiculous rap song that was worth the price of admission alone.
  • Remember Me
    • I really liked the story and combat.  Got this free with Plus one month and couldn't put it down.
  • Like 2

Planet Alpha. Art is ridiculously beautiful and the game had some good things going on. It's even an easy completion, too.

AER: Memories of Old. Such a beautiful game too and its minimalism was truly refreshing. Really awesome that you could just explore a lush low-poly world, complete some puzzles and soak in some (albeit small fry) lore. Game stuck with me. Shame the developer for the latter game went under. 

Mafia III. The repetitive gameplay/technical criticisms are valid, but the overall story and characters are quite enriching and enjoyable. If you're a fan of the series, there is some good times to be had here. 

Death Stranding. Legit a top-3 Sony exclusive of the generation for me; only God of War and TLOU Part II eclipse it (the latter I'm not even certain). Reception to this game has improved significantly since its release, and critically it did pretty well but consumer opinion was insanely divided. I completely get it, because its different and challenges you as a gamer in unconventional ways, and its has its own Kojima-isms that can be a bit facetious. However I loved the story, world and even the mechanics. Terrific game that I'm glad has cemented a nice little community. 

The Order 1886. I really liked this game. Again, I get the criticisms - its brevity is inexcusable and I think it fell of a cliff in the final 1/4, but the presentation and concept were really good and the gunplay that was there I actually really liked. I like linear narrative heavy games too, and I love Steampunk aesthetic, so it was made for someone like me. Hope they can do a sequel although I imagine there wouldn't be a huge market for it. 

On 20/07/2017 at 9:21 PM, EIephantsOnAcid said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect. I loved it.

I wouldn't say I loved it, but it was a very solid 'whodunnit' which was an enjoyable time when you look past the rough edges. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Middle-earth: Shadow of War was a fantastic game at its core, just like its predecessor, but unfortunately it was a mess at first with the egregious microtransactions which interfered with the Nemesis system and massive endgame grind of the original release that put a lot of people off, it even stopped me from recommending it to people back then since I was annoyed at myself for buying it new for Xbox One. Now that both of these issues have been addressed, the game is most definitely worth checking out if you avoided it at first. 

• Like 1

DmC Reboot: game just needed to have a different name then it was mostly fine

Guitar Hero Live: the new 6 button layout made things fresh and it was fun learning the game again and going for FCs. Was too bad that the better part of the game ran on servers that are now shut down but there is Clone Hero on PC which is free

Edited by Conduumm
  • Like 1

Mass Effect Andromeda

The game had a bad start and I'll gladly admit that. Bad facial animations, overall weird character development and such but in the end it was an enjoyable game and I don't think it deserved the hate it got. Surely it's different from the other Mass Effect games (which I haven't played) but that doesn't make it a bad game. The campaign was fun, the combat felt pretty nice and the different planets you could visit all felt different in a way. Overall a really fun game in my opinion.

The Order 1886

I'm still surprised on how good this game was and even more surprised on how bad everyone thinks it is. The game can graphically be compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 in my opinion and that says something since this game came out in 2015. It looks truly stunning and while it's a very short game (if you're not going for all collectibles that is) it's a game I personally will never forget. The story is beyond amazing and the combat feelds very unique, at least compared to other shooter-like adventure games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted).

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Not 100% sure if I was going to put this one on here but I decided to do it anyway. While not a full blooded Assassin's Creed game (far from) I think Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a beautiful game that gets massively overlooked, especially by the Assassin's Creed community who crave for a game like AC2 since Ubisoft changed the formula with Origins. The overall story is very cool and sometimes pretty touching, the combat feels amazing and all the unique skills you can equip truly give you the idea of making a character that fits your playstyle (instead of making your character a stealthy, cloaked, hooded figure every single game...). The 'fantasy' in this game is also truly unique and differs from any AC game we've had so far, especially with the second DLC. Again, this game was given great review numbers by IGN, Gamespot and such but a lot of people hate on it for being different then the classic AC games which is true, but not a reason to not try it anyway,

Edited by its_ArchroniX

19 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

The Order 1886

I'm still surprised on how good this game was and even more surprised on how bad everyone thinks it is. The game can graphically be compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 in my opinion and that says something since this game came out in 2015. It looks truly stunning and while it's a very short game (if you're not going for all collectibles that is) it's a game I personally will never forget. The story is beyond amazing and the combat feeld very unique, at least compared to other shooter-like adventure games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted).

bc3.png

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - It was easily the most unpopular reboot Tomb Raider game, but I think it's the best one.

Friday the 13th: The Game - Sure, I understand why people had problems with the glitches and all that, but I had so much fun throughout the entire 2000+ matches I played for the Platinum. I never got tired of the game, and I STILL play it to this day. Having a dedicated group of friends to play with is obviously key, though.

Afrika - If we go way back, I think this game was awesome. Sure, a game where you just drive around and photograph animals isn't for everyone, but I loved it. One of my all-time favorite Platinum trophies.

I'm not entirely sure if The Last of Us Part II qualifies for this thread, because a lot of people did love it... but the game still got sooo much hate, that I think it fits. I absolutely adored every single second of it.

Then there is a game like Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey which may not have been disliked, but it was severely overlooked, which is a shame considering how awesome I thought it was.

Edited by Maahniac

Prince of Persia 2008

I liked the world, I liked the design, I liked the cel-shading, I liked the characters, I liked the combat. There were some things that weren't great, like the QTE sections in battles late in the game, or the pretty noticeable input lag. But the overall experience was great, and I think the game doesn't take anything away from the previous PoP titles.

Jak II: Renegade

Yes, a couple of mission were not very well designed, and there were a couple of difficulty spikes. But it doesn't make the game bad. Jak II was still great and enjoyable IMO.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

Just now, Alderriz said:

Prince of Persia 2008

I like the world, I like the design, I like the cel-shading, I like the characters, I like the combat. There were some things that weren't great, like the QTE sections in battles late in the game, or the pretty noticeable input lag. But the overall experience was great, and I think the game doesn't take anything away from the previous PoP titles.

Yup, awesome game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lettmon said:

4 HOURS

Hence why I posted it here. I don't get why people think a game is bad because it's short.

Some indie games take an hour to beat and games like inFamous Second son can also easily be beaten in a few hours. Are they bad games hough? No they are not.

Too many gamers choose quantity over quality which is really sad.

• Like 1

DmC Devil May Cry : people LOATHED this game, and for good reason since it was a bad reboot + horrible communication between the devs and fans. But the game itself...I quite enjoyed it. It really is not a bad game, but well it has the DMC name in it.

Far Cry Primal : this might be the most bashed Far Cry game out there I believe because it's so bland. That's exactly why I loved it. An Ubisoft game that is not choke full of dumb stuff to collect? Count me in!

The Prince of Persia Trilogy : Yes, the ports are super bad, they are old games. Played them recently and still loved them. Had no issues with them at all.

Death's Gambit : Once patched, this game was surprisingly fun. Took a while to understand how it actually works but once I did, the groove was real.

Dark Souls 2 : This is considered the worst Souls/From Software game and even a very bad game. I enjoyed it so much just because of the dumb shit you can do in this game!

Apotheon  : Yes it has a ton of issues and it can be a bug ridden mess, but the atmosphere and the story managed to win me over for that game.

For Honor : It had one of the most interesting and unique combat aspects when it appeared. Yes Ubisoft kinda ruined it (as they usually do) but still the game is rather good and unique...if you ignore the balancing issues.

• Like 3

MediEvil 

A bit too old school for some and the devs didn't do lot to actually modernise the game but I enjoyed it.

Life is Strange 2

Seen quite a few people say it was boring and I have to say I did slightly prefer the original but the second game has the more mature story and I still enjoyed it.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Probably the weakest of the four seasons with a forgettable supporting cast but Clementine and AJ's guardian style relationship save it and it's probably the best looking of the TT Walking Dead games.

Ridge Racer

A lot of criticism was levelled at this game (rightfully so) about how bare bones and light on content it was but the Gold and Silver passes add a lot more of that into the overall package and it's not just a solid racing game but a great demonstration of what the Vita was capable of at the time.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:30 AM, Negan said:

MediEvil 

A bit too old school for some and the devs didn't do lot to actually modernise the game but I enjoyed it.

I've been playing this since it's on PS Now, and I have to agree - it's a fun game with extremely creative visuals, and very light hack and slash gameplay that you don't see in modern games that well. I appreciate the old school throwback, although the camera controls suck sometimes and some parts are way too hard, but even haven't played the original I enjoy this game. I think it's more creative than the Spyro remake is, although it lacks the polish.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, XXIIlII said:

The Order: 1886

I'll play it again on ps5 2764.png

Yep, I honestly liked the Order. It was gorgeous and had a fun story. Just definitely not something I'd buy for 60$. Maybe 10-15 at most.

• Like 1