Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

Wonderful 101 is the only one I can really think of.  It got a majority of bad reviews based on people only playing it for a couple of hours and complaining about the controls being hard.  *sigh* really wish there was something there to prevent reviewers from reviewing something they didn't even look at much.  Wonderful 101 actually takes a little bit more over 2 hours to get used to the controls since it's something new (but not really, it's a lot like Okami).  I found it to be quite enjoyable and unique game when I got into it and it's definitely one of the best on the Wii U if you want to give the gamepad a bit of use.

I really love Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. I heard it was a bit buggy at first but I must have played it after the patch because I had no problems. To this day I still get the feeling sometimes that I should boot up the game again (but I don't because of my HUGE backlog :( ).

Dynasty Warriors Serie with all Spinoffs.  One piece / Gundam / (later i will add Dragon quest)/ Samurai warriors/ Orochi/neptunia U.  A lot of ppl hate these games because they are repetitive and boring . I dont know why but i love all of these games. i grinded over 100+h on some of these games and i dont regret it.

• Like 1

Wait, what? I've only ever met 2 types of people when it comes to Rogue Galaxy, people that have no clue what it is, and people who loved it. I've yet to see anyone say anything negative about it.

Yeah, I've seen praise (and wishes for a remaster or re-release) often nowadays, but before I got the game I saw lots of negativity towards it (varied whether it was on the story, the AI, the frequent save points or other stuff) - could have just been because those were the first Google results at the time :P Originally my list included a third categorization of "games that not as many people have heard of", which Rogue Galaxy and some others would have fit better than the two I left on the list xD

Games that I've seen more negative comments about than positive (or people flat out not even bothering to try them because of what other people have said):

• Final Fantasy II

weally??? I really really hate it's level up system... 

but *high five* cause, OT:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - some might dislike the dress sphere/job system but I really liked the concept(not the animation but the part that you can change your job while in battle) plus the HD has Last Mission (Roguelike games FTW)

• Like 1

2028_front.jpg

You people are the reason why I never got a sequel *sobs quietly*

Yay, another person who appreciates The Bouncer :D

weally??? I really really hate it's level up system... 

but *high five* cause, OT:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - some might dislike the dress sphere/job system but I really liked the concept(not the animation but the part that you can change your job while in battle) plus the HD has Last Mission (Roguelike games FTW)

I, on the other hand, liked that leveling system :o

• Like 1

I, on the other hand, liked that leveling system :o

WEALLY???  :blink:  I still think that it is the most time consuming level up system among all the FF games I've played (blame my perfectionist gene aka max all stat gene) I think I ended up just maxing one weapon and just a couple of magic in each characters... but aside from that leveling system, I liked the other parts of the game...^_^

OT: oooh.. also forgot to include this one:

Final Fantasy XII - (no I didn't even have a slight courage to face Yiazmat) i really enjoyed using the Gambit system, makes this game a JRPG + strategy game...

- Resident Evil: Dead Aim

- L.A. Noire

- Fallout: New Vegas

- Silent Hill 4: The Room

- Silent Hill: Downpour

- Forbidden Siren

- Siren: Blood Curse

- Bioshock 2

- Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

- Duke Nukem Forever

- PLOK

- The Lord of The Rings: The Third Age

- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

- Heavy Rain

- Snake's Revenge

- Metroid II: Return of Samus

- Demon's Crest

- The Order: 1886

- Dino Crisis

- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified 

- Frank's Adventure

- Frank's Adventure 2

- Frank's Adventure 4

• Like 2

Final Fantasy VIII - I was infatuated with this game back in the day, and it still holds a special place in my heart.

In the advent of the internet, it has become one of the punching bags of the series - a position I really don't feel it should have.  The character development I thought was the best the series I'd seen, but it gets overshadowed by perceived plot holes.  Admittedly, the game stretches believability at points, but I'll always cherish it.

Runescape - another game that it seemed to be fashionable to hate, I spent many an hour just idling through.  I thrived on the new quest every week, and absolutely loved having my Quest Cape to show off when that was released.  Some of the (later) quests in that game were a marvel of design and imagination and something I think was overlooked.

I played this game around a time I lacked the motivation to play anything else, and its simplicity was a welcome thing at the time.  Training skills was a very simple thing, but there must have been something really special about that game to be so enrapturing with such a simple gameplay loop.

• Like 1

...Please don't hurt me.

title_screen.jpg

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who actually really enjoyed this game..

so much hate about this game ^^ i love it ! i tried to get every path -ending ... but that was to much work ^^ .