Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond: Two Souls, Knack, and Watch Dogs are probably the big ones. I can admit Beyond: Two Souls is not as good as Heavy Rain, but it's a game that really does make sense when you piece all the scenes together and I felt the sequence they did put all the scenes together was fitting, but Navajo really did feel out of place in this game. Knack I just can't seem to find anything wrong with the game since it has a pretty interesting story and even though it's no Crash Bandicoot it has an identity all its own. As for Watch Dogs, I didn't follow the pre-release stuff on Youtube but I somehow managed to enjoy the gameplay and story, but I will admit almost every game has its flaws.

I really REALLY liked Final Fantasy XIII-2 - im a sucker for time travel, but it was more than that, i liked the settings, the story, pretty much everything about it.

I also was big into Dark Void - i was actually surprised by the level of hate for that game - its not perfect, but at least it went for something a bit different.

So far:

Mindjack (loved it)

Quantum Theory

Venetica

Alpha Protocol (very underrated imo)

Lost Planet 2

Dead Space 3

Rogue Warrior (hilarious 2 hours well spent)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Dragon Fantasy Book II

Two Worlds II

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Bioshock 2

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (with the Echo DLC...5 times better than the base game)

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Games that aren't necessarily good or the best but not as bad as they are commonly made out to be:

Amy

Ride to Hell Retribution

Deep Black (single player...the online MP is every bit of horrible as it comes)

Risen 2

WET.

It has its flaws, and you can tell the developers ran out of money and couldn't finalize their vision and story, but it is cool a hell as an adequate hongkong-action with a badass chick as protagonist and good music. Gonna try to plat it someday.

rubi2.jpg

I liked the ideas and the gameplay for awhile but at the end of the day there wasn't enough substance to it once the novelty wore off. Especially, the "final boss fight" (if you'll call it that). Despite this, I still had fun with the game.

The Getaway (PS2) and 40 Winks (PS1).. Red Card flew under the radar too I think (PS2), I've been thinking about these games recently. Also when I owned an Amstrad (back in the day!!) I had a game named Dizzy? Dizzie? Dizzee? I think.. It was about an egg named 'Dizzy' which was pretty cool. I remember being a kid and really struggling with the puzzles though. Would love to get back on it and see if I could improve.

- Silent Hill : Homecoming (my personal favorite in the series)

- Yakuza series

- Way Of The Samurai series

- Samurai Warriors series

- Assassin's Creed : Revelations ( my personal favorite in the series)

- Medal Of Honor

- God Of War : Ascention

- Assassin's Creed : Liberation

- Homefront

Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Short? Sure.

Unnecessary? Arguably.

Fun? Hell yeah!

I am pretty sad bomb crafting and the glorious hookblade haven't made an appearance outside of it and the multiplayer was relatively easy an entertaining (AC3 and AC4 still win in that regard because you can get the MP trophies without playing with anyone but it was fun nonetheless). And those Altäir memories, goddamn.

I would have to say Brink probably would be the one I like most that people hate.  The concept is really freaking awesome and, if you can get two teams of legit players, the gameplay is really intense and requires teamwork.  This game is one of the few I have found that really makes the online team work as a group for a single goal.  Plus, strategy takes a big part cause a good plan can make a huge difference in the game.

Others I have done would be every Assassin's Creed game that has some hate, Alice: Madness Returns (wish woulda been scarier is all), and Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

Edited by acedragons