Help with leveling weapons?

Is there a trick that any of you have employed to level your weapons faster? I have the major weapons to finish off amongst a couple others and just find this trophy to be a pain. Is it meant to be a pain or have any of you found any good spots to level?

Thanks in advance, guys =) First thread here, hope I can help out in this community in the future

No real trick. Just go somewhere with a ton of ammo crates. Unload em all, pick up more ammo and keep firing. The tanks in whatever that one level is are pretty good for it, because they take a ton of damage. I like to throw down a decoy and then shoot something else so two were leveling up at the same time. And have Mr. Zirkon out constantly until he's finished as well. The more weapons you can have leveling at once the better.

Ok, thanks for that. Kinda forgot about the tanks. Only have the Plasmabomb Launcher left now, so I might just go HAM on a couple of them.

EDIT: Now I remember why I didn't use the tanks .... It takes too much to get the Major Weapons on that planet. You need the swingshot and then need to take the route to get them and all the while you have those Demo-drones or whatever they're called being sent to your base. I was using the last level to level up the last few weapons I was working on. I think I'll stick with that. And you also get a major weapon kinda early with it as well .... Kinda answered my own question here lol

Edited by SH06UN5126