SURVIVAL ROUND 20

speedomer

I tryied survival mode just for 1 time and i made it only to round 9 unfortunately. I will try this until i got the trophy. I wanted to ask some tips to who already got trophy. Donatello's stats are full also while i am doing weapon trophies i got many ability points and i choose Leonardo to full the stats cuz he's got health advantage and leadership.Also i ranked up Raphael's stats a bit. I think i can do this with Donatello and Leonardo. Leonardo also have health bonus for his revives. I am just asking someone knows any other tips?

I'll copy/paste what I wrote for playstationtrophies.org.

A) Give Donnie a health bonus by knocking down 5 or more enemies at the same time

B) Let Leo revive any turtles without the need for a pizza on hand

C) Gives Leo a health bonus when he revives a turtle WITH a pizza (be it his or theirs) and

D) Opens up Ralph's countering window, which essentially means you CAN mash O and be garuanteed a counter and

D) let you use TPKO's at combo count 5 (this applies for ALL turtles)

Then, upgrade any way you are comfortable and how you choose to play the game, though any move that opens up another KO option (Team TPKO, Shell Shock) is advised.

Now, how I got through Survival (and Arcade and the challenges)

1) Use Donatello with a Lvl 3 Gauntlet. Which you wanna do is use the 99-hit combo trick. That way the TPKO counter can go up so

2) you can spam the TPKO, which will refill your energy meter so you can use

3) The 360 Gauntlet attack, which stuns or kills ALL enemies, be they standing or on the floor dazed, AND refills Donnie's health a little bit (provided you knock down 5 or more enemies at the same time). From there you can repeat the cycle, or go into the Shell Shock or ANOTHER TPKO.

You always want to keep you eyes on Leo, for his revival ability. Granted, the AI isn't stupid, but just the same, watch out for him. That way, HE can do all the reviving, and your main turtle can horde all the Pizzas.

Donnie's 180 Gauntlet Attack Is Cool Too
Donnie's 180 attack with his Gauntlet out, is also a good go to move. Its the one where he lifts a single enemy into the air, then slams him to the ground. With this allows you to do is give you a free juggle attack with Donnie himself (just keep pressing Square) with does heavy damage against ANYTHING, be it boss or enemy.

IMPORTANT
If you see any turtle alone and being grouped up on, ALWAYS stop what you are doing and go help them out. Heck, always try to stay bunched up next to them. The team attacks present themselves easily here. If you see them knocked out, GO REVIVE THEM. You get a small health refill every time you clear a round, and having your health go from 25% to 50% is a much better situation than dead% to 25%.

ALSO IMPORTANT
As for bosses, always try to clear out the mooks, or limit them to one. Its annoying trying to manage this, but its even MORE annoying trying to land the killing blow with some enemy you can't see onscreen fudging you up and chipping away at your health.

Karai) Use Raph here. make sure you have the ability that opens up his counter window. After clearing the foot soldiers out (or even with just a few left) draw karai's attention to yourself. From there, get in some pokes (NOT COMBOS, unless you are actually able to) until she teleports, then mash O and counter with his Ground Pound throw, I promise you will catch her EVERY TIME. Follow this up by mashing the Square Button to pound her (I assume you already bought this upgrade, if you are going for his Uncle!! trophy). Repeat until she's dead.

Cerberus) Just keep running in and hitting those weak spots and dashing out as fast as you can. Speed is key here, as well as not button mashing. Use Leo for this fight, as he has short quick combos. Don't let him corner you. Not because you'll be trapped, but HE (and his heads) might be, making it hard to get to them before he recovers.

UNLOCK DONNIE'S STUN COMBO
Shredder) First off, keep chucking what ever items you have at him (shurikens, Grenades) to whittle him down. Definitely no button mashing here. If you can't get at least ONE Square attack in the first time, simply back off and try again (he'll counter if you attempt too many). Eventually, he slow down, allowing you to get a square attack in. From here, keep pressing Square until you see the stars around his head, then FINISH HIM OFF WITH THE STUN COMBO.

Donnie's 180 Gauntlet Attack Is REALLY Cool Here
Remember how I said above that Donnie's 180 Gauntlet attack can follow up with a juggle attack and does heavy damage against ANYTHING, be it boss or enemy? That Includes the Shredder too! If you have a full three bars or Special, now would we be an excellent time to use this move, and it cannot be countered, and always catches him, and ALWAYS lets you juggle him!

Helmet Shredder) Same as above, only NOW, in the level you fight him, you have EMP grenades. I don't recall him using the flying boulder attack here, but be on the lookout for that. You can also goad him into doing his dive kick by dashing in and around him (just keep the camera focused on him), which you can jump in and get some pokes in. Do as much damage as possible using whatever items you have, throw the EMP at him, then do the same as with normal Shredder.

I am dead serious about the button mashing no no, people. DO NOT TRY AND BUTTON MASH SHREDDER. HE WILL KICK YOUR ASS EVERYTIME. If you are unable to get even a hit on him, STOP, retreat, find an opening and come back and try again. 

Stay cool, don't get impatient and button mash (if you get frustrated, PAUSE THE GAME AND WALK AWAY), and ALWAYS look out for your teammates.

Edited by EctoCooler_87
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Survival Mode really should have had an online co-op feature - it would be a lot of fun playing this mode with friends, and would undoubtedly make it easier too.  I need to remember these tips for the next time I attempt Arcade Mode - on my previous try, I got all the way to Super Shredder, but had lost too many lives to Karai, so I was unable to go the distance against Shredder.  Hopefully next time though.

• 6 months later...

Survival Mode really should have had an online co-op feature - it would be a lot of fun playing this mode with friends, and would undoubtedly make it easier too. I need to remember these tips for the next time I attempt Arcade Mode - on my previous try, I got all the way to Super Shredder, but had lost too many lives to Karai, so I was unable to go the distance against Shredder. Hopefully next time though.

Same thing happened to me on Arcade mode!! Shredder had to be at 25% health or lower. Karai kicked my butt way to much tho. Yea coop would be awesome, any time I have friends over we end up playin this.

• 1 year later...