Who wants to play Devil May Cry HD Collection

Superbuu3

1ZomHwa.png

Banner by Floriiss

Anyone who wants to join, you may use this sign up thread, until it is closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or consult this thread here. Anyone who invades the We Play thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This is the sign up topic, the actual topic will be full of spoilers etc so i'm keeping them seperate.

Hey guys I'm Superbuu3, not sure if people know me, but i'm relatively new to the forum.  As I and many of us have a huge backlog to improve motivation being able to play at the same time and discuss with people should help move things along.  I'm considering putting up some gameplay including boss fights and cutscenes so people who can't play can give there input on the game to.

If you want to see how this works in practice we already have done Okami which you can see here and Bioshock is running currently here.

Why sign ups you may ask well we're going to be starting in a few days and I thought would be nicer if we have a group of us if possible.  I know a lot of people have difficulty getting into a game or struggle to finish for various reason I thought this would be a good idea to motivate.  If you signed up i'll send you a reminder if need be, I also think if you commit to the topic you'll be more likely to follow through on keeping up the pace.

I'm not 100% sure when this will start, but I thought its better telling people sooner or later, I'm estimating a couple of weeks, but it maybe sooner. I'll update this first post accordingly. If you don't want to go for the platinum no one is forcing you to, essential info for a platinum run will be explained in the opening post for the topic.

PS: No limit to how many people want to join.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles, checkpoints will be closer together for this.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

Current Members:

1. Superbuu3
  2. Chuck
  3. cjshaitan
  4. J2V_89
  5. Jeandeve
  6. Kittet3
  7. Kyomi-Okami
  8. L33N3WB3
  9. Maftet
  10. NullRay85
  11. OroBros
  12. Ryuzaki1993
  13. Saltyie
  14. Tony Redgrave

Late Joiners:

Maybes:

Skyesunholy

Estimated starting Date No later than 19th June or when a couple more people join whichever happens first.

No one is expected to go for the platinum and the checkpoints will only really be in place for the inital run. This will have a considerable amount of flexibility as we will go through the trilogy and I understand people will likely want to play through the game multiple times for the plat and possibly skip games i.e. DMC 2, so in that case we'll have one thread for all three games so everyone can give advice accordingly.

This will start some time next week, I have pushed it back slightly due to a request.

Currently we are also doing sign ups for Ys: MoC here

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

NOW YOU HAVE IT! 5 GROUPS RUNNING AT ONCE!

You are a mad man.

I'm out of this, but still considering to late join Bioshock1 though.

By my count 3, unless you're including Bioshock Infinite, but that won't start till after Bioshock.

I'm up for it. At least 1 and 3.

Cool, I was pretty certain people would deliberately skip 2, lol, I'm going to play all 3, can't say i'll plat 2 though, as the bloody palace will likely annoy me.

This is very tempting & I love the series but I'm afraid I will not joining, with bioshock & star ocean keeping me busy & then we got Ys soon so enjoy it without me :)

Yeah that sounds like too many games to take on. Keep in mind though there's no harm in joining late the games are really short if you're not going for a plat.

Quick Question? 

I've done my normal Play and beaten it. 

Would it be k to start my Hard Mode run? Or would that mess up the Let's Play?

Not an issue, you'll likley be in a batter position to give people tips anyways, which will be great because I haven't played the first game before. I was gonna leave a slight gap between games so people could do second and third runs anyway.

I'll pass on this one as well, but I hope everyone else has fun :D And Buu, try not to start another group anytime soon :P You're already extremely busy as it is *_*

I think I can manage this one, as the games are pretty short and shouldn't be as hard as bioshock on survivor, although I think thats going to be a lot easier now we got the better plasmids. Ys is going to be more challenging to try and keep up. My guide videos and review stuff thats what i'm really running out of time for.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Cool, I was pretty certain people would deliberately skip 2, lol, I'm going to play all 3, can't say i'll plat 2 though, as the bloody palace will likely annoy me.

Well, if you have the PAL version you could just cheese your way through Bloody Palace with infinite Devil Trigger. Unlike people in the U.S. >_>

But even so I would probably be for skipping 2 anyway. Which one are we starting on? And what would the milestones be?

Not an issue, you'll likley be in a batter position to give people tips anyways, which will be great because I haven't played the first game before. I was gonna leave a slight gap between games so people could do second and third runs anyway.

That would work out.

Sign me up !! I'll tag along and help out any way I can. 

DmC 2 is not worth the time to invest in, let alone make a Let's Play topic of it.  :lol:  :P

Edited by Chuck

Well, if you have the PAL version you could just cheese your way through Bloody Palace with infinite Devil Trigger. Unlike people in the U.S. >_>

But even so I would probably be for skipping 2 anyway. Which one are we starting on? And what would the milestones be?

I thought I was supposed to be asking you that, you got dante as your avatar :P

Checkpoints will be for 3/4 mission per day or 2, depending on how fast people wanna go. IIRC missions are pretty short on these games. then a few days clean up, can I use infinite devil trigger to cheese my way through the whole of 2,

I would also like to join, but I'd like to be at least over halfway done with Bioshock before we start.

I'd be up for all 3 since I've not really played them before.

I dunno how far halfway through bioshock is >_>, the game will get way easier, I wrecked the Big daddies in the last section of Neptune's Bounty. My placeholder date was 19th June, which could plausibly be when we're at the halfway point in bioshock.  I think the real challenge on DMC will be when we go for the higher difficulties.

Checkpoints will be for 3/4 mission per day or 2, depending on how fast people wanna go. IIRC missions are pretty short on these games. 

With DmC 1

Depending on how people play, U can make check point's after boss fight's.

If I remember right, every 4th stage is a boss fight. I could be wrong it's been 2 yr's since I last played it.

I thought I was supposed to be asking you that, you got dante as your avatar :P

Checkpoints will be for 3/4 mission per day or 2, depending on how fast people wanna go. IIRC missions are pretty short on these games. then a few days clean up, can I use infinite devil trigger to cheese my way through the whole of 2,

Well, it depends on how good you are. For first time players, some missions will take about 20 minutes to beat and will probably get stuck on bosses because their health is low. And that's without doing the secret missions or finding Blue Orbs. Some secret missions require patience and trial and error. Once you beat the game once and have your health mostly or fully upgraded you can go through them in less than 10 minutes give or take. So yeah, 3/4 missions sounds good.

As for infinite Devil Trigger in DMC2, it only works for Bloody Palace and there's no Super costume.

• Like 1

I will give this a miss buddy, I am going on holiday on the 13th so I will have some work to do to catch up on Bioshock when I get back so cant be starting another one. Keep me on the future lists though. Good luck to all the guys taking part, I will follow with a keen eye.

Mmmm... maybe... but I don't know if this is going to be viable with Ys at the same time.

TBH, I think i'm pushing it trying to play this many games at once, but I think we'll have a good clue how tings are when we start Ys. Due to that being a handheld though the sleep function makes it easy to stop and start whenever so it might not be too bad.  There's also nothing wrong with being a bit slow on DMC to catch up to the checkpoints, I likely will be in the same position as you.

Well, it depends on how good you are. For first time players, some missions will take about 20 minutes to beat and will probably get stuck on bosses because their health is low. And that's without doing the secret missions or finding Blue Orbs. Some secret missions require patience and trial and error. Once you beat the game once and have your health mostly or fully upgraded you can go through them in less than 10 minutes give or take. So yeah, 3/4 missions sounds good.

As for infinite Devil Trigger in DMC2, it only works for Bloody Palace and there's no Super costume.

Ok thats works we'll do it that way then. I'll just ask you about this while we're doing that.

*Looks at DmC*

*Looks at Bioshock*

*Looks back at DmC*

*Looks at Cloudberry Kingdom*

*Looks back at DmC*

I know I will regret it if I don't sign up, so sign me up.

Is the We Play going to just go through one full play through of the game?

And FYI- I'm going to be gone from Sat-Tues American time this coming week, so I may be a little behind on the beginning depending on when we start.