Does it require microtransactions?

Kittet3

No, sony doesn't allow games to be released without being able to get all trophies from the vanilla. Only game to break this rule was GTA5 on release without the online content.

Yes they do. Desert Ashes is an example of a recent one. There are two bronze trophies that are unobtainable without two separate purchases.

OT: I would think it's possible to do it without them, but I haven't tried yet. I'm basing this on the trophy list.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

Yes they do. Desert Ashes is an example of a recent one. There are two bronze trophies that are unobtainable without two separate purchases.

OT: I would think it's possible to do it without them, but I haven't tried yet. I'm basing this on the trophy list.

I believe that was an overlook from them because I remember reading about that Sony rule on the DriveClub release and how they had to force a game large enough to be able to get the platinum from it. The company had to, like, make 2 games, reason why I believe it was never released. They were too busy fixing the servers issues to make the new reduced-game, so everything went to shit.

• Like 1

I believe that was an overlook from them because I remember reading about that Sony rule on the DriveClub release and how they had to force a game large enough to be able to get the platinum from it. The company had to, like, make 2 games, reason why I believe it was never released. They were too busy fixing the servers issues to make the new reduced-game, so everything went to shit.

I wouldn't doubt it. My understanding is the content is technically in the game's code, but there is a 100kb unlock key that lets you extend the game to the point that you can unlock those two trophies. They might not have noticed it while they were looking over it.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've spoken out against Microtransactions numerous times on this site.  In my opinion, this one isn't too bad.  I would say the microtransaction system is similar to Jetpack Joyride, it's there if you want it but it doesn't try to force it on you.  It's playable, and definitely not just a pure microtransaction generator. (I'm looking at you, My Singing Monsters.)

• Like 1