Christian Whitehead Releases DLC Concept Art

Shadowrider50

Christian Whitehead Releases DLC Concept Art  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these 2 levels in DLC for Sonic CD?

• Yes
    • No

The Taxman is at it again, he has just released concept art for two brand new DLC levels :D

Here is the news:

finalfevercw.jpg

desertdazzlecw.jpg

As for New DLC? “It’s not impossible”

Early this morning' date=' the mind behind the Retro engine fueled [i']Sonic CD [/i]re-release, Christian Whitehead, released more concept art from the updated game on Sonic Retro. Again, we were able to see a vision for a new stage that Sega ultimately passed on.

You are looking above at Whitehead’s vision of Final Fever, a proper final boss area. Whitehead says along with his Desert Dazzle concept, the stage was partially completed and partially playable. Demo music tracks were even produced for the concept. Whitehead explains his philosophy behind the extra imagination:

[....] it’s colourful since it was intended to be an all Time Stones boss (good future only). Time flows freely, and Eggman’s machine is essentially invincible. The idea being Sonic can reach warp speed at any opportunity (instead of getting the warp posts) and must do so to “wind back the clock” to damage the boss. Some parts are running, some areas the screen is locked. I was slightly worried the idea of running to warp might not be self evident (no warp screen, the level and boss would change in real time with some neato effects).

Will we ever see it or Desert Dazzle in action? It’s not likely at the moment, but Whitehead implies enough of an outcry toward Sega could change that.

“Well to be honest, it’s not impossible if significant demand was there,” Whitehead said. “Maybe let Ken, Kellie or Julian know?”

Whitehead did say an update to the existing game is in the works for some platforms that would fix bugs found in last December’s release.

Source = http://www.tssznews.com/2012/05/16/whitehead-releases-more-scd-concept-art/

This is amazing, i am soo excited! To get some new levels for this classic game is like a dream coming true.

I love the creativity used in the boss as well, what is says is the boss is in a fully developed state in which it is invulnerable so with the time stones that this game is revolved around you go back in time to when it was in a previous state and is vulnerable to defeat it... PURE GENIUS!

This remake of CD was awesome and it fills me with joy to see some DLC being released for it, the full game costed only $5 (Which is way too low for such a masterpiece in my opinion) so you can just guess how much the DLC would cost when it is released.

Let's hope SEGA hears us on this! I really would like to play some new levels for Sonic CD, I'd buy the DLC in a heartbeat.