DLCs difficulty?

Reasuns

I'm thinking about picking this game up, and it seems the PSNP edition will never become available. I noticed that the base game gives a 31% platinum, so my question is: are the DLC trophies hard?

I would be furious if I had a 31% platinum on my list, as I already hate the 51% that UC3 has given me, so I do not want to purchase it if the DLC is insanely hard (like UC3).

Lol yeah I'd say the dlc trophies are way harder than the base game plat. Collecting all stars trophies on the dlc's takes time/patients and skill. Plus factor in the ever changing weather and perfect driving from the A.I.

Edited by weeztha
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about picking this game up, and it seems the PSNP edition will never become available.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/10/driveclub-velocity-tour-pack-announced-playstation-plus-version-in-final-stages-of-development/

Wait a little longer. At least until after E3 is over. If it's coming anytime soon, there will probably be an announcement there.

i think it's fairly easy to 100%

i read all about the difficulty of some Packs (Torque, Ignition, Pacesetter & Lamborghini Icons) but i never had a problem with any of them.

Only race that took me more than 5-6h was the Drift Master Class from the Apex Tour. Can't find a post where anybody else had a problem with it.

So i think it's really hard to say something about the difficulty.

4 more Packs (Downforce, Lamborghini, Turbocharged, Evolution) to 100% and the only Single Star i'm missing so far is the Venom Hotlap from the Base Game, thankfully not needed for Plat or 100%

• Like 1

Mostly what RaceKing said above, most DLC is very easy and the challenges are very fair for the most part, but I wouldn't recommend attempting getting the gold trophies in the DLC until you get platinum in the base game so you have a good sense of how to play the game well.

There were only like 2 or 3 DLC packs that had a few tough challenges, the rest were really easy - all were very fun :P

I'm thinking about picking this game up, and it seems the PSNP edition will never become available...

The PlayStation Plus edition is finally coming soon, they keep posting in the games update notes that they are readying the servers for the PS+ edition along with the upcoming Driveclub mobile app. They haven't announced the exact month but I would say next month would be smart timing, but probably within the next few months.

I would just recommend buying the game though if you have the funds since as far as I know the PS+ edition is still gonna be sort of a "free to play" model where you have to purchase the "full game" to unlock all the cars and the entire tour mode and stuff, you wouldn't have to deal with a limited list of cars and stuff like that by just buying the full game

Edited by BlindMango

i think it's fairly easy to 100%

i read all about the difficulty of some Packs (Torque, Ignition, Pacesetter & Lamborghini Icons) but i never had a problem with any of them.

Only race that took me more than 5-6h was the Drift Master Class from the Apex Tour. Can't find a post where anybody else had a problem with it.

So i think it's really hard to say something about the difficulty.

4 more Packs (Downforce, Lamborghini, Turbocharged, Evolution) to 100% and the only Single Star i'm missing so far is the Venom Hotlap from the Base Game, thankfully not needed for Plat or 100%

Are you saying you spent 5-6h on a single race?

5-6hr is probably what I was doing an entire months DLC in, 2-4 hours each. 

IMO they were pretty easy, the latest one had two races that I thought were good because it was harder. I also felt the DLC was mostly easier, a month or two in I was disappointed in how easy some of the content was. Maybe I was just better at the game. Although acing a time trial on first lap felt like it was clearly too easy. 

If you are pretty good at racing games it won't be a problem and you won't be disappointed in the amount of content. 

• 3 months later...

Depending solely on your experience with DRIVECLUB.

If you are really good, the DLCs are pretty easy, but imo the DLCs are impossible =D

I'm with you on this one. I'm not that bad at racing games, not great by any means either but I can hold my own, and these races are killing me. I just started on the Ignition one and have failed horribly over and over again on the very first race. I don't remember what it's called but it was a time trial one. I'm always falling like 2 seconds short of the time I need to beat. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion, the newest DLC is the hardest so far, specifically the drift events. You have to be perfect with your drifts otherwise you won't make the cut. The time trial in the rain with the new race car is challenging but not impossible.

The AMG's 3 drifts? 

Dunno, I had no problems... and I royally suck at DC DLCs.

Maybe I'm just good at drifting xD

• 2 weeks later...

Velocity  dont like elektrics cars;D

So true. IMO there's only one really nice electric car (Renault DeZir, for me just perfect handling) but most of them are awful. I guess it will be one of the DLCs I will struggle most with. The other one being Elements (don't even want to try Venom Lap 2  :(  ).

But overall I must say that most DLCs are quite doable, even for a mediocre gamer like me.

Acually cant really say it was that hard. Ofcourse a few tracks or events were more or less challenging but in the end with a bit of practice they are all pretty doable. I heard alot about the Elements DLC and thought "damn this will be a pain" but then went through almost all of them first try :D Idk but rain isnt that hard imo, its bust being more carefull with the gas and brakes and ur pretty much good to go.

Happy driving to all other driveclub players lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

Damn guys, I don't know how you do it. I've unlocked all trophy events from all DLCs and won some of the Championships, but all gold stars in all DLCs is INSANE. No idea how I am gonna pull that off. Now struggling on the damn last accolade for "Credit where is due" and the plat. 250+ races left in Canada :rolleyes:  :facepalm:  

Edited by manumatik

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished with AMG DLC, The most challenging thing was to remember how to drive properly after a month break (haven't played it since finished the previous dlc). Damn Evolution, why can't you release new tours each 2 weeks :(

Because they would have to release another game so they could have a new trophy list :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1