DLCs difficulty?

Reasuns

Would like to kind of revive this topic, Is there a website or some kind of page showing how difficult all the DLCs are? I'll probably make one once i'm done with all dlc for DRIVECLUB and its BIKES Add-On, but does anyone know for now? Thanks in advance. :)

You mean something like:

AMG DLC x/10 z hours to complete

Elements DLC x/10 z hours to complete

If so I think there's none but there's already tons of videos showing how to get all the events with 3 stars.

Also in this type of game it's kinda useless IMO because it all depends on the player skills

Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

I just have the grind left of the plat so though i might as well pick off some of the DLC's at the same time.

Damn some of these are tough.  I'm not bad at racing games, but some of these are insane!  There was one hot lap i couldnt even get the 1 star time never mind 3.

As part of the grind is it worth getting the bikes DLC - will this count towards my event accolde for play x number of race events?  Or does DC Bikes have separate accolades?

Ta

• Like 1

I just have the grind left of the plat so though i might as well pick off some of the DLC's at the same time.

Damn some of these are tough. I'm not bad at racing games, but some of these are insane! There was one hot lap i couldnt even get the 1 star time never mind 3.

As part of the grind is it worth getting the bikes DLC - will this count towards my event accolde for play x number of race events? Or does DC Bikes have separate accolades?

Ta

Depends what accolades you need. They count toward tour accolades but not toward drifting ones for example. Btw you should've got the season pass at the start to make the platinum more enjoyable.

Edit: I saw now that you meant the general race accolade and yh they count

Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

Depends what accolades you need. They count toward tour accolades but not toward drifting ones for example. Btw you should've got the season pass at the start to make the platinum more enjoyable.

Edit: I saw now that you meant the general race accolade and yh they count

awesome cheers, might get bikes as well then!!!!!

• Like 1

Damn some of these are tough. I'm not bad at racing games, but some of these are insane! There was one hot lap i couldnt even get the 1 star time never mind 3.

As part of the grind is it worth getting the bikes DLC - will this count towards my event accolde for play x number of race events? Or does DC Bikes have separate accolades?

Ta

DC Bikes does have different accolades, easier ones than the main game, IMO. If you're not that far into grinding your accolades, get yourself the free bike and do it with that instead.

You mean something like:

AMG DLC x/10 z hours to complete

Elements DLC x/10 z hours to complete

If so I think there's none but there's already tons of videos showing how to get all the events with 3 stars.

Also in this type of game it's kinda useless IMO because it all depends on the player skills

Yeah, guess so. I don't find most of them difficult at all, people say the Venom Hot Lap 2 from Photo-finish is difficult, i passed it in 2 tries. But most of the events can be fully completed in 2-3 tries anyway. :) Edited by d1l2e3v4

DC Bikes does have different accolades, easier ones than the main game, IMO. If you're not that far into grinding your accolades, get yourself the free bike and do it with that instead.

Yeah, guess so. I don't find most of them difficult at all, people say the Venom Hot Lap 2 from Photo-finish is difficult, i passed it in 2 tries. But most of the events can be fully completed in 2-3 tries anyway. :)

Although I'm top 1000 in every event I still struggled with both venom hot laps. Such a awful car.

Would like to kind of revive this topic, Is there a website or some kind of page showing how difficult all the DLCs are? I'll probably make one once i'm done with all dlc for DRIVECLUB and its BIKES Add-On, but does anyone know for now? Thanks in advance. :)

PST.org has trophy guides for DLCs.

Though... with your skills to beat Venom Lap in 2 tries... you can probably lower the difficulty there by 1.

PST.org has trophy guides for DLCs.

Though... with your skills to beat Venom Lap in 2 tries... you can probably lower the difficulty there by 1.

Thanks, i'll check it out.

Got myself stuck at a annoying trophy. The Finish Line DLC trophy for getting a 1:14 time is quite tricky. The car is really annoying to use, because it doesn't switch gears :(

Edited by d1l2e3v4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

I might be really bad at racing games but for me, the DLCs are extremely hard. I don't see any chance to get 100% without investing 100s of hours.

I'm quite skilful at racing games, i don't think they're that difficult but they are definitely more difficult than the base game ones, but now i'm also stuck at a time trial

2 minutes ago, Lars said:

I'm quite skilful at racing games, i don't think they're that difficult but they are definitely more difficult than the base game ones, but now i'm also stuck at a time trial

The normal races are more or less doable after a few tries. The time trials are a huge pain for me so far :(

I used all helps for breaking and noticed that it is not possible to win races with this activated. At the moment i use the a moderat brake help but i might deactivate it and try with my own "skill" :D 

Edited by Silencer0004

3 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

The normal races are more or less doable after a few tries. The time trials are a huge pain for me so far :(

I used all helps for breaking and noticed that it is not possible to win races with this activated. At the moment i use the a moderat brake help but i might deactivate it and try with my own "skill" :D 

I drive with the automatic transmission, i think for the rest i have no assists on, try it with no help, when you get a feel for the mechanics you can get the max out of the car. Then you can really push and the more difficult times become much more doable, you'll crash a lot in the beginning, but after that you should be able to get the times

32 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

I might be really bad at racing games but for me, the DLCs are extremely hard. I don't see any chance to get 100% without investing 100s of hours.

7 minutes ago, Lars said:

I'd suggest watching a few vids of Venom Hot Lap 2 to learn the braking zones and work on your throttle discipline. You'll lose most of the time with wrong brake zones and wheel spin. Not hitting the apex will not make you lose too much time. Also manual transmission might be useful since you can use engine braking to your advantage probably.

5 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I'd suggest watching a few vids of Venom Hot Lap 2 to learn the braking zones and work on your throttle discipline. You'll lose most of the time with wrong brake zones and wheel spin. Not hitting the apex will not make you lose too much time. Also manual transmission might be useful since you can use engine braking to your advantage probably.

I'm not at that point yet, i'm now trying to get a trial with the jaguar xj220, it is difficult because the car spins quickly, but yesterday i almost had it but made a mistake in the last corner, it is definitely doable, i often struggle on the drift events though, that are ones i'm not that good at. Time trials usually go fine, except for this one then

There's no need to use manual transmission. I never did, I have some world top 100 times in the hot laps regardless. @totallycrushed is correct, the reason you miss your goal times is 95% because you lost grip and let the car slide. Each car have their own "ideal" entry speed in the curves, which will keep them barely in the grip but still push through the curve.

Most chicanes you shouldn't break early and follow, instead look for a direct driving line through it. There's no penalty as long your tires keep touching the rumble strip or the road ever so slightly (or at least the game thinks the car did within the penalty zone). In every race too the curves and chicanes are the places where you get the best time cutting your driving line short and either bypassing AI cars or leaning on them.

In any case, I might say the DLCs are easily 100-200 hours not because most of them are really hard, but because there's so damn many of them. Also the DLC races it's raining all the time, which is absolutely infuriating the devs wouldn't bother figuring out anything else to make it challenging. Night races? Once every forty. Rain? Nineteen out of twenty. No joke. All in all I'd still say the hot laps featuring extremely low weight electric and kart-like cars (preferably in rain), of which there are a few, will be the most difficult ones to complete due to their tendency to spin out at the slightest excuse. There is nothing in the game repeat retries wouldn't let you overcome. Too bad the AI ghosts are useless trying to find an entry point or a driving lane that actually works out.

• Like 2

@ars I didn't use manual transmission either but remembering how painful the Turn 1 and the whole last sector, I think it'd be easier to use manual since you can engine break and keep the car in 2nd gear through Turn 1 and hence have less wheel spin, although it's raining. I just don't want to test my theory out since I don't want to try that hell of an event ever again :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ars said:

Also the DLC races it's raining all the time, which is absolutely infuriating the devs wouldn't bother figuring out anything else to make it challenging. Night races? Once every forty. Rain? Nineteen out of twenty. No joke. All in all I'd still say the hot laps featuring extremely low weight electric and kart-like cars (preferably in rain), of which there are a few, will be the most difficult ones to complete due to their tendency to spin out at the slightest excuse.

You forgot the snow. ;)

Personally I'm fed up of those weather-influences in the DLCs as it just feels like they exaggerated the use of strong rain and snow after they added weather to the game. For me personally it's not about the grip (although I tend to slip here and there) but more for the overall bad sight you have while driving these events.

29 minutes ago, ars said:

There's no need to use manual transmission. I never did, I have some world top 100 times in the hot laps regardless. @totallycrushed is correct, the reason you miss your goal times is 95% because you lost grip and let the car slide. Each car have their own "ideal" entry speed in the curves, which will keep them barely in the grip but still push through the curve.

Most chicanes you shouldn't break early and follow, instead look for a direct driving line through it. There's no penalty as long your tires keep touching the rumble strip or the road ever so slightly (or at least the game thinks the car did within the penalty zone). In every race too the curves and chicanes are the places where you get the best time cutting your driving line short and either bypassing AI cars or leaning on them.

In any case, I might say the DLCs are easily 100-200 hours not because most of them are really hard, but because there's so damn many of them. Also the DLC races it's raining all the time, which is absolutely infuriating the devs wouldn't bother figuring out anything else to make it challenging. Night races? Once every forty. Rain? Nineteen out of twenty. No joke. All in all I'd still say the hot laps featuring extremely low weight electric and kart-like cars (preferably in rain), of which there are a few, will be the most difficult ones to complete due to their tendency to spin out at the slightest excuse. There is nothing in the game repeat retries wouldn't let you overcome. Too bad the AI ghosts are useless trying to find an entry point or a driving lane that actually works out.

Yeah, i didn't have a lot of trouble with most of them, when i got to grips with the car i usually got a time a full second below the target time, or when you have a point to point event even 5 seconds under it. But some cars handle really difficult. Some feel like they don't want to steer at all, others slip and slide everywhere, especially that dune buggy is really sensitive in it's steering

3 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

@ars I didn't use manual transmission either but remembering how painful the Turn 1 and the whole last sector, I think it'd be easier to use manual since you can engine break and keep the car in 2nd gear through Turn 1 and hence have less wheel spin, although it's raining. I just don't want to test my theory out since I don't want to try that hell of an event ever again :D

I hear you :D I've improved a great deal taking a year to beat it all, but there're some events I'm just never going back to improve my time. Usually concerning - guess what - electric cars and rain.

Rain.

RAIN.

ELECTRIC CARS AND RAIN.

Loading a track and "oh wow there's rain for a change!" so many moments where I really wanted a dev to be around so I could slap one silly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ars said:

I hear you :D I've improved a great deal taking a year to beat it all, but there're some events I'm just never going back to improve my time. Usually concerning - guess what - electric cars and rain.

Rain.

RAIN.

ELECTRIC CARS AND RAIN.

Loading a track and "oh wow there's rain for a change!" so many moments where I really wanted a dev to be around so I could slap one silly.

Was that the Velocity DLC? Looking at my trophies, I cleared it in 4ish hours :D Seriously only ones i had some difficulty were the Elements and AMG.