DLCs difficulty?

Reasuns

1 hour ago, totallycrushed said:

Was that the Velocity DLC? Looking at my trophies, I cleared it in 4ish hours :D Seriously only ones i had some difficulty were the Elements and AMG.

It might've been, I have a faint recollection it was a DS Survolt hot lap and the track, is Chile's Iquique the one which doesn't have barriers, instead rippled sand cliff walls which'll throw your car into a spin? One of those tracks. And of course the devs had been on a binge and thought it funny to turn rain intensity on max because WOW DUDE THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING! It was miserable, I usually stay on the track and keep pushing my time further, just see how far I can take it, but this time the instant I finally hit a good time I quit the whole turd.

When I started the game I wanted to make the grind more inspiring and took it my challenge to put myself on top on every friend leaderboard on every event, AMG was actually one of the first DLCs I played while still learning to drive. Damn those front heavy german cars drive horrible in this game. Anyway once I got my 100% AMG was the first DLC I returned to, had this idea to clean up and put myself back on top on all the events I had been beat on. Awesome to see how slow I had been a year before, how the game had slowly sunk in and how "easy" it was to get good laps this time around.

But yeah, german cars still drove like elephants on skates, and since all but one (1) event wasn't in the rain I came to my senses after topping AMG, called bs on the whole rainy rain crap and promptly deleted the game. Haven't looked back, really :P

@Satoshi Ookami Oh yes it is. It's like they just ran a script to create an event with random cars, random tracks, then add rain. I mean the game doesn't even have a story, just XP rolling into the millions, random cars, random tracks... and rain. Must be the most uninspired pile of DLC I've ever seen. Apart from asking a fee for recolored panties on some random RPG anime chick of course.

Edited by ars
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

I'm having issues with NO LIMITS Time Attack for Civic TYPE R.

The best thing you can do is to keep the times you use the brake at a bare minimum as the acceleration of the Honda is rather slow. Also don't forget that you can cut some corners a little bit.

Personally I also restarted the time trial in most cases when I wasn't able to perform a good lap as the initial lap always seemed to have a much better starting speed.

You may also try to watch some videos, here's the one embedded in the guide from PST:

Spoiler

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5531740-post2.html

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I've completed all the DLCs and most of them are pretty easy - you can complete every race after a few tries.

The only 2 hardest ones are Elements because of the Venom Hot Lap 2 and AMG because of the One Man, One Engine. The AMG one is the worst DLC ever. Not only it is hard but unlike every other DLC it has only 3 bronze trophies, not a single silver or gold :(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, totallycrushed said:
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, kalimullin said:

So I've completed all the DLCs and most of them are pretty easy - you can complete every race after a few tries.

The only 2 hardest ones are Elements because of the Venom Hot Lap 2 and AMG because of the One Man, One Engine. The AMG one is the worst DLC ever. Not only it is hard but unlike every other DLC it has only 3 bronze trophies, not a single silver or gold :(

I also remember that amg dlc. Very difficult but there is a way. When i reached level 60 i got the elite level extra time trail. I remember my first with the Ferrari 599 xx. Tried again and again and shaved some seconds off untill i did it. Now that was a challenge. Pro tip for me use the 3rd person view for time trials because the handling isn't that great. Better crash en drift control on narrow roads. I reached my platinum within 2 months driver level 103 elite level 43. Need more stars (108) from extra dlc to get to elite level 60. Will cost me an extra 8€ now or 14 € without sale discount.

I don't know what stage but there's one where you must use manual transmission. In the rain with the ariel atom. Very twichy. Always stay at least a gear higher than normal. Never 1st gear   

• 2 weeks later...

DLC difficulty comes down to your skill in the game. The only thing that took a wee while for me to do was 'One Man, One Engine', because of the clean sectors and a decent time.
Venom Hot Lap 2 was done within 5 tries. Anyone can do these DLCs, you just need to be good at the game.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Venom Hot Lap 2 is where my quest for 100% came to an end. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't beat the time! Very frustrating... I would like to attempt it again in the future... maybe. 

Have you tried adding cheese?

Took me about 30 to 40 minutes to get that 3rd gold star using this method. It was far easier than trying to do it legit. My final time was 1:19:997 but that was enough.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, FilmFanatic said:

Have you tried adding cheese?

Took me about 30 to 40 minutes to get that 3rd gold star using this method. It was far easier than trying to do it legit. My final time was 1:19:997 but that was enough.

Oh I am so trying this...

• 3 months later...

i say i didnt really have trouble with it, some races i had trouble with, does anyone know how to do the one buggy race where you need to hit a certain speed in it, i cant for the life of me get the gold star for it and the buggy in the rain, how did u do it

• 2 months later...

If I understand correctly, you only need to every win 1 event on Gold Star difficulty per DLC. All the rest can be done on silver?

I'm seeing all these posts about getting gold stars but is playing on gold star difficulty ever necessary other than for the 1 win per DLC?

EDIT: There's a lot of conflicting information online but it seems like it's possible to get the completionist trophies on easy difficulty. I'll try to do so and confirm. 

Edited by DoucetDudes

40 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

If I understand correctly, you only need to every win 1 event on Gold Star difficulty per DLC. All the rest can be done on silver?

I'm seeing all these posts about getting gold stars but is playing on gold star difficulty ever necessary other than for the 1 win per DLC?

EDIT: There's a lot of conflicting information online but it seems like it's possible to get the completionist trophies on easy difficulty. I'll try to do so and confirm. 

You have to get all of the gold stars for the completionist trophies. I recently tested it and the trophy didn't pop when I only had all of the Silver stars for one of the DLC packs.

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DoucetDudes said:

Like @Smzthy said, getting all Gold stars is required. They were pre-patch and they still are now. ''Gain all stars in '<DLC name>' means all Silver and Gold stars.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finished all of the DLC a couple weeks ago and I managed to get 100% on them all, despite feeling like I was often driving well above my base skill level. I found some packs much, much harder overall than others though.

For me I think the Torque DLC was definitely the hardest for me on the whole.

AMG was also pretty difficult with a few of the events and requirements.

Many had just one or two events that I found harder than the rest of the events in the pack, but all were eventually doable with a lot of persistence and restarts. 

37 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nope, not possible.

Also, the best thing is when it's okay for the first few laps.

Only for the last to start raining and screwing up your whole run :

I got frustrated when I would start a race at what seemed like 3pm and five laps later it was somehow 1am. The change in light made me crash so many times.

On 15/08/2018 at 5:32 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nope, not possible.

Also, the best thing is when it's okay for the first few laps.

Only for the last to start raining and screwing up your whole run :

I was racing earlier today,  blue sky , sunny as then out of the blue it's a monsoon. All in about half a laps duration. 

• Like 2