Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons coming to PS4

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/10/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-2 

brotherstroll610.jpg

505 Games has confirmed that Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons will be making its way to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the next few months.

This new-gen version will feature a handful of extras, including a director's commentary mode, soundtrack, and gallery of concept art. A release for mobile devices, including Android, iOS, and Windows Phone were confirmed as well, and will be available this holiday season.

Anyone who hasn't played this game by now definitely should, it's a fantastic game and was one of my favourite games of 2013

• Like 1

Can we just make a thread of Ps3 games that aren't going to PS4? It might be shorter.

I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times: Just because You were a part of a generation that has played these games on older consoles doesn't mean there are no more people in the world not interested in this at all.

Is it going to sell as well as the original version? Hell no.

Are these types of announcements exciting? For most people, no.

Would a new game be more likely to sell? Most likely: yes. I think most other developers and publishers would agree on this.

It's likely that remasters like this are just meant to expand its audience for future installments in a franchise or for a game with the same development team behind it. Just calm down man. If you want to see more new games you only need to wait about four more days for E3.

• Like 3

Will definitely play it again if it's cross-buy with the PS3 release.

Also, this is why I can't be arsed to do any more game release threads, because there's always that one dickhead that either wants to use the thread as his own personal soapbox on the State of the Video Game Industry (rolls eyes), or is inexplicably annoyed by the thread and feels the need to post in it because how dare a video game company release a game he has no interest in.

• Like 2

I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times: Just because You were a part of a generation that has played these games on older consoles doesn't mean there are no more people in the world not interested in this at all.

Is it going to sell as well as the original version? Hell no.

Are these types of announcements exciting? For most people, no.

Would a new game be more likely to sell? Most likely: yes. I think most other developers and publishers would agree on this.

It's likely that remasters like this are just meant to expand its audience for future installments in a franchise or for a game with the same development team behind it. Just calm down man. If you want to see more new games you only need to wait about four more days for E3.

But these aren't games from 20 years ago that are getting a resurgence. The games are from the last generation. You didn't see Nintendo releasing the entire NES library on the SNES, and why is that? Because they had a boatload of new games to show us. Or how about the PS1 to the PS2? Nope, because once again the PS2 had a boatload of new games to show us.

This only started happening late last generation and it is getting kind of annoying. The PS4 has been out for almost 2 years now and it has more ports than original titles. That is pathetic.

Also I could agree with you about expanding the audience for future instalments, which is why you didn't see me complaining about the Uncharted trilogy being released (in case you noticed I was actually saying that was a good idea) because there are a lot of new players that have never played the original 3 games (because they had xboxes) and it will get them excited for Uncharted 4. Also why I didn't complain that MS released the Halo games again because once again it is to promote Halo 5 to a bunch of new players.

This (and games like Journey, Sleeping dogs, darksiders 2 etc.) are just easy ports to make a quick buck and don't serve any other point.

• Like 2

Loved this game on the PS3. Director's commentary might ruin the experience IMO and I don't know a thing about graphics to enjoy the gallery, but the soundtrack may be nice. I'm probably more excited it's coming to mobile so I can try and get my friends to try it.

But these aren't games from 20 years ago that are getting a resurgence. The games are from the last generation. You didn't see Nintendo releasing the entire NES library on the SNES, and why is that? Because they had a boatload of new games to show us. Or how about the PS1 to the PS2? Nope, because once again the PS2 had a boatload of new games to show us.

I would agree that it wasn't as much of a thing in the industry back then as it is now. It still happened though: Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS2/Xbox, The Donkey Kong Country games on GBA. It's not like these things never existed before last gen.

This only started happening late last generation and it is getting kind of annoying. The PS4 has been out for almost 2 years now and it has more ports than original titles. That is pathetic.

You're far from the only one who believes it's annoying. The idea of remastering PS2 games for PS3 though was to see if anyone was still interested in some of their old franchises and the trophy system. The latter of which I'm pretty sure a lot of people here are happy with. Otherwise you, me and several other members would be more than 10 platinums shorter than we are today. Everyone wants original titles, but the PS4 isn't backwards compatible unlike its predecessors. While you could play the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games on your PS2, You can't pop the original Infamous into your PS4.

This (and games like Journey, Sleeping dogs, darksiders 2 etc.) are just easy ports to make a quick buck and don't serve any other point.

Actually, the latter two are prime examples of what I was just saying about expanding franchises. I think it's a bad move for them to not include the original Darksiders as a collection with 2, IMO. Sleeping Dogs was immensely underrated and perhaps they made it for the new consoles to see if anyone was interested in it or introduce it to people who have nothing to play on their new consoles. That way they could possibly (GASP) make a Sleeping Dogs 2! :blink:

As for Journey, It's only going to be making "a quick buck" off of people who've never played it before because it's cross buy. Whether some people like it or not, they're already going to own it when it releases on PS4 because of that.

My biggest pet peeve about people bitching about remasters is probably my strongest point to so I'll leave it with you. Despite popular belief, more remasters are hardly a waste of resources. Canceling all of them won't make all of these new games fall out of the sky. Bloodborne still would've released March 26, Arkham Knight still on June 25th and Uncharted 4 still in Spring 2016. Because almost all of today's remasters (excluding the Last of Us) are handled by different developers.

Capcom didn't make USFIV PS4. That was Other Ocean Interactive. ND still has its full focus on Uncharted 4 because Bluepoint is remastering the Uncharted trilogy. You're gonna get your boatload of new games. Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3 and a new Hitman game have been pretty much confirmed and E3 hasn't even started. 4 more days.

Edited by Blue Flare

The unique controls are what made this game intersting to me. Story was pretty decent to but i think im a bit old to fully appreciate it.

As for all this port nonsense, who cares? Some people like older games, i played plenty of old games on emulators as im sure many have. Also this is not the place for that discussion.

• Like 2

I would agree that it wasn't as much of a thing in the industry back then as it is now. It still happened though: Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS2/Xbox, The Donkey Kong Country games on GBA. It's not like these things never existed before last gen.

You're far from the only one who believes it's annoying. The idea of remastering PS2 games for PS3 though was to see if anyone was still interested in some of their old franchises and the trophy system. The latter of which I'm pretty sure a lot of people here are happy with. Otherwise you, me and several other members would be more than 10 platinums shorter than we are today. Everyone wants original titles, but the PS4 isn't backwards compatible unlike its predecessors. While you could play the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games on your PS2, You can't pop the original Infamous into your PS4.

Actually, the latter two are prime examples of what I was just saying about expanding franchises. I think it's a bad move for them to not include the original Darksiders as a collection with 2, IMO. Sleeping Dogs was immensely underrated and perhaps they made it for the new consoles to see if anyone was interested in it or introduce it to people who have nothing to play on their new consoles. That way they could possibly (GASP) make a Sleeping Dogs 2! :blink:

As for Journey, It's only going to be making "a quick buck" off of people who've never played it before because it's cross buy. Whether some people like it or not, they're already going to own it when it releases on PS4 because of that.

My biggest pet peeve about people bitching about remasters is probably my strongest point to so I'll leave it with you. Despite popular belief, more remasters are hardly a waste of resources. Canceling all of them won't make all of these new games fall out of the sky. Bloodborne still would've released March 26, Arkham Knight still on June 25th and Uncharted 4 still in Spring 2016. Because almost all of today's remasters (excluding the Last of Us) are handled by different developers.

Capcom didn't make USFIV PS4. That was Other Ocean Interactive. ND still has its full focus on Uncharted 4 because Bluepoint is remastering the Uncharted trilogy. You're gonna get your boatload of new games. Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3 and a new Hitman game have been pretty much confirmed and E3 hasn't even started. 4 more days.

I do agree with your points, but I just think that companies went into Port Season WAY too quickly.

I (and many others) still didn't see the need for a PS4 as the PS3 works great and all you are getting is a slight graphics and FPS improvement (I know there is a little more to it than that but the jump from 7th-8th generation is hardly as impressive as the other generation jumps). So when you are getting nothing but PS3 ports and indy games that could be played on a PS3 it makes the interested in getting a next-gen console even less because why spend 500$ on a console I already have.

New games are coming out and if you have also noticed I have been championing those in other threads. I have already said many times that Persona 5, Batman, Uncharted 4, R&C, and others will probably convince me to get a PS4 but a lot of the games I want aren't coming out until 2016 so it looks like I will be waiting even longer to pick up a new console. Please try to remember that while I am bitching about remasters, I also promote when they are doing something right, so keep that in mind when you single me out in a quote.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I thought this game was extremely overrated. The moments which were meant to have an emotional impact on me, did nothing and I thought the story was somewhat predictable. I played it when it was on PS Plus a while ago and I had to force myself to finish it, I have no desire to play it again.

• Like 1

I do agree with your points, but I just think that companies went into Port Season WAY too quickly.

I (and many others) still didn't see the need for a PS4 as the PS3 works great and all you are getting is a slight graphics and FPS improvement (I know there is a little more to it than that but the jump from 7th-8th generation is hardly as impressive as the other generation jumps). So when you are getting nothing but PS3 ports and indy games that could be played on a PS3 it makes the interested in getting a next-gen console even less because why spend 500$ on a console I already have.

I think other companies also understand this. The huge reason so many remasters are existing is because they became more of a thing last gen and current gen consoles aren't backwards compatible. I think a lot less of them would exist if PS4 could play PS3 discs.

New games are coming out and if you have also noticed I have been championing those in other threads. I have already said many times that Persona 5, Batman, Uncharted 4, R&C, and others will probably convince me to get a PS4 but a lot of the games I want aren't coming out until 2016 so it looks like I will be waiting even longer to pick up a new console. Please try to remember that while I am bitching about remasters, I also promote when they are doing something right, so keep that in mind when you single me out in a quote.

I'm sorry if I came across as an asshole in that last post. My point is that you and many others are just throwing a tantrum over what's really nothing. It's as if you guys truly believe so many games would be coming out faster or more often if they were all suddenly canceled. They may have gotten into port season quickly, but would you rather have nothing come out? Or is it you would rather have them all delayed until the new games started coming out?

Well... in a way, you can. With PS Now.

This is probably the better solution for most remasters. If PS Now becomes a thing (which I hope it does) then there won't be a need to remaster games at all when the PS5 comes around.

I think other companies also understand this. The huge reason so many remasters are existing is because they became more of a thing last gen and current gen consoles aren't backwards compatible. I think a lot less of them would exist if PS4 could play PS3 discs.

I'm sorry if I came across as an asshole in that last post. My point is that you and many others are just throwing a tantrum over what's really nothing. It's as if you guys truly believe so many games would be coming out faster or more often if they were all suddenly canceled. They may have gotten into port season quickly, but would you rather have nothing come out? Or is it you would rather have them all delayed until the new games started coming out?

This is probably the better solution for most remasters. If PS Now becomes a thing (which I hope it does) then there won't be a need to remaster games at all when the PS5 comes around.

I think the big thing I, and a lot of others wanted, was what we had back in the day. When a system released it had a big MUST BUY GAME to promote that system. Now a days you sell the system first and then have to wait on any decent games to come out. I didn't pick up my PS3 until 2010 for the same reason as there was barely anything worth playing. By the time I got my PS3 there was LBP, inFAMOUS, Uncharted, R&C, etc. etc. etc.

It is the same reason I complain about Nintendo lately as they keep giving us the same thing over and over and over when back in the day they had some of the strongest and most varied First Party games,

I guess my point is, don't tell us we need a new console generation, show us we need a new console generation. If we are going to get nothing but Ports and indy games then hold off the release of the PS4 until Uncharted 4 is ready to go and make that a launch title.

That is why people complain, we feel that companies should be trying harder for our money.

• Like 1

Didn't care for this game at all. Not so much the poor controls, but rather the forced "feels" moments and predictable ending. Honestly, the game's entire message boils down to "Don't trust your ding-dong". Completely forgettable game.

I feel like i'm in the minority not liking this game. I will say the presentation was nice, but the game was insanely simple and easy and seemed to just add in some random events with ham fisted events to evoke emotion. When things are done in an unsubtle way like that I kinda just assume the writer ais a douche and ultimately just wanted to make a kid cry while playing the game. I feel the events near the end actually ruined what at first was an enjoyable game.

I much preferred the simplicity of the emotions in Journey, that certainly tugged at my heart strings, especially when i wasn't sure if me wondering off and not sticking to my partner caused it.

• Like 1