Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Dark Mark-

Which Sign Do You Like The Most?

Your Favorite Witcher Sign   66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the five signs do you like using the most?

• Aard (telekinetic blast)
    • Igni (fire blast)
    • Yrden (magic trap)
    • Quen (protective shield)
    • Axii (charm minds)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

I have found all of the five signs to be useful in different situations, but which do you personally prefer over the others?

I have to say that my favorite is looking to be the axii sign. I love charming opponents into fighting their allies. :P

Quen for bosses, Axii for story/quest progression, and Aard for general functionality and combat versus multiple enemies.

Started off as quen, but getting better at the game made it a bit boring. Then Axii, I loved watching my enemies turn on one another and do the dirty work for me, it got old pretty quick though. So my new favourite is Aard - good all-rounder and I'm pretty sure it gave me the 50 environment kills trophy on a plate :)

I always use Quen before and during a fight and my favourite is the alternate sign for Igni, very helpful to stop a bunch of enemies and watch them burn. I only use Yrden for the specters, Axii mostly for dialogue options or if i need to hit a tough enemy for a while (although makes it too easy imo) and Aard has been the least useful for me but i might try the alternate option later. 

Based on my Witcher 2 experience: Quen

But I'll answer this properly after playing Witcher 3 :)

LOVE:

- Quen: saved my ass hundreds of times on Death March difficulty.

- Igni: after Quen it was my second favorite sign to use - burn, baby burn!

LIKE:

- Yrden: invest a few points in this as early as possible! Most underrated sign in the game. Enemies move so slow in this trap, you can go full Matrix on them :) Bullet time Witcher style!

MEH:

- Aard: I used it only to get the sign-related trophy. I read that it should break enemy's guard, but it never worked for me...

- Axii: used it only for trophies and conversations; the enemies you take control over are annoyingly stupid :/

Edited by NarcissusBaz

For me, Igni is the best to fight large groups of enemies (at least 1 or 2 will go in flames, giving you time to kill the others), and for solo fights vs big enemies, I like alternating between Quen (saved my ass sooooo many times) and Axii (make 'em allies and then kick their asses while they just stare at you doing nothing).

I never really found Yrden usefull except for fighting noonwraiths or other kinds of spectres.

I like Igni. But Quen is far more useful for me overall. More of a necessity thing, especially on early stages of Death March walkthrough.

Axii. I've always had a soft spot for spells of the mind-taking variety. Something fun I've been doing lately is pushing someone to the floor with Aard then mind-taking an archer and just watching the fight end with a gleeful smile, although using Axii on an archer is satisfying by itself.

Playing on Death March the healing upgrade to Quen has saved me numerous times from having to go through those horrible loading screens. I don't use Yrden too much, mostly use it on enemies that are weak to it and that's it but I've yet to try out the upgrades so I could change my mind about it. "Kill it with Igni!" is a safe motto to live by and sending people flying to their death with Aard is always fun. Griffin School is where it's at.  B)

I have found all of the five signs to be useful in different situations, but which do you personally prefer over the others?

I have to say that my favorite is looking to be the axii sign. I love charming opponents into fighting their allies. :P

Totally agree with Axii :D Lets destroy enemies by their own :D :D :D

I use Igni a lot .   Very useful if you are surrounded. And killing burning enemys is easier to :) .

Axii FTW!!

Aard is usually my go-to sign with Igni as the runner-up.

Only use Quen when fighting specters, but since creating bombs that do pretty much the same thing, that sign is kinda moot now. Axii I only use in conversations.

Igni! What I love about it is that it staggers enemies like Aard does, but it also deals damage.

Axii, because you can own pretty much a lot of enemies with it

I used all spells to be honest but i'd go with Axii then Quen at a close 2nd, but Igni though is just fun to use.

Axii is OP in my opinion when upgraded upto Puppet, using it on monsters makes life so much easier also against groups of bandits but not against high levels and Axii proof enemies.

Quen is extremely vital against boss fights especially on Death March difficulty.

Aard is great against flying monsters and knocking down enemies for instant kills.

Igni can be deadly when combined with certain bombs and builds as well as its general burn effect.

Yrden is also great for boss fights, you can use the slow effect to make life easier when dodging and attacking.

Edited by DNA-VL

I used to like Igni and Axii most, but then I had some pretty hard boss fights and Witcher contracts which led me to start using Quen more. 

Quen i used it from start to finish in hardest difficulty it's just so easy with this.

Igni... The other signs get lost in the smoke.. lol

Quen and Axii mostly .... and sometimes Yrden for some Wraiths.

Axii Puppet skill actually makes Death March alot easier