Can one transfer his char from ps4 to ps3

MilanYildirim

Hello everyone, I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 on ps4 and I also own a ps3 and borderlands 2 on ps3 ( never played though ) so my question is
if I can import my char to my ps3? I've been told you can do it vice versa but no info about from ps4 to ps3. 
Last but not least, if I can do trophies auto pop?

Hello everyone, I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 on ps4 and I also own a ps3 and borderlands 2 on ps3 ( never played though ) so my question is

if I can import my char to my ps3? I've been told you can do it vice versa but no info about from ps4 to ps3. 

Last but not least, if I can do trophies auto pop?

No, I don't believe any game lets you transfer back like that from PS4 to PS3.

I think it does because they updated it on PS3. I think I did it after I got 100% percent on PS4 to see if the DLC trophies would autopop, but alas it recognised that I didn't own the DLC on PS3 :P But I bought the Season Pass in the EU sale today so I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Edited by Half-H3ro

I think it does because they updated it on PS3. I think I did it after I got 100% percent on PS4 to see if the DLC trophies would autopop, but alas it recognised that I didn't own the DLC on PS3 :P But I bought the Season Pass in the EU sale today so I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Huh, you're right. My info on BL2 is obviously outdated because: 'The PlayStation family of systems can upload / download saves from any system to any other PlayStation system.  Think of PS3 / PS4 / PSV as a triangle, and saves can move in any direction (Vita saves are only applicable to BL2 and not BL:TPS).' (http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1338/cross-save-in-borderlands-the-handsome-collection-updated)

Yeah, when  you go into the cross-save page in the PS3 version, the same two options (upload/download) are there, so there's no reason you can't go both ways. In fact, I just moved my PS4 Gunzerker back to PS3 yesterday to do some leveling of a character I was going to then bring back into the PS4 version.

And, come to think of it, my easy-pop guide would work just fine for players going from PS4 to PS3 as well, although I obviously wrote it with going the other way in mind.

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'm looking forward to hear from you then :)

I think The Pre-sequel supports cross-save (I guess Gearbox already knew they would release TPS on PS4 later) but Borderlands 2 doesn't. Once your character's transferred over to PS4, there's no going back. Sorry bud.

so you say if I transfer my char to ps3 I cant transfer it back to ps4? Did I get you right?

so you say if I transfer my char to ps3 I cant transfer it back to ps4? Did I get you right?

No, that was my bad. Like I said in my most recent reply, my information was outdated; I even linked to a Gearbox blog post stating that BL2 does indeed support cross-save.

• Like 1

Could you please tell me which trophies auto popped for you then?

When I transferred saves from PS3 to PS4, only the level trophies autopopped at first. After doing a few missions, the trophy for doing all the side quests popped. I still had to go through the game again, but it was fun because it had been a while.

Some trophies were easy enough, because I already had a purple item in every slot. Also, I had every area available to go and do misc trophies like Donkey Mong. Killing a chubby is still down to chance, and killing Terramorphous is still advisable to do in a group of high level players. 

Other than that, mostly story missions and doing all the challenges and I got my plat, so it's not too much of a struggle :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You can go both ways, its not a one time deal, however it can only be done with same console family though.  Also I already did all side missions for one of my characters (not DLC) on PS3 so I have to do them again with a different character.  I don't have to get DLC trophies to get did it all trophy do I?

Edited by captsplatter

• 8 months later...

Yeah,you can transfer back and forth, I do it all the time.

Just a tip for the challenger trophy, for me anyways. I used the same character that I used when I got the "challenge accepted" trophy on ps4 and went to an area, a dlc area I never visited before and it popped. In pre-sequel I discovered a vault symbol that I didn't notice before and it popped.

With the character trophies I had to use it once and it popped.

What Half-H3ro said though.

You can go both ways, its not a one time deal, however it can only be done with same console family though.  Also I already did all side missions for one of my characters (not DLC) on PS3 so I have to do them again with a different character.  I don't have to get DLC trophies to get did it all trophy do I?

nope just the main story side missions

Could you please tell me which trophies auto popped for you then?

Heres a list of the trophies that auto pop

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/borderlands-2-a/262699-ps4-trophy-auto-popping-guide.html

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the PS3 version for a long time but never finished the 100%, so I've been playing it on PS4. When I'm about to get a trophy on the PS4, I'll quit and save, upload my PS4 character to cross-save, then log in on PS3. I'll get the trophy on PS3, switch back to PS4, and get the trophy there, haha.  

I can confirm this does work with the DLC trophies. I owned the DLC for PS3 but never played, but have been playing them on PS4. It's kind of a pain but I can 100% both copies now while playing mostly on the PS4 with the better graphics. Win/win! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the PS3 version for a long time but never finished the 100%, so I've been playing it on PS4. When I'm about to get a trophy on the PS4, I'll quit and save, upload my PS4 character to cross-save, then log in on PS3. I'll get the trophy on PS3, switch back to PS4, and get the trophy there, haha.  

I can confirm this does work with the DLC trophies. I owned the DLC for PS3 but never played, but have been playing them on PS4. It's kind of a pain but I can 100% both copies now while playing mostly on the PS4 with the better graphics. Win/win! 

Exactly what I did. Got both plats within a week-ish doing this method.

• Like 1