Supporting 2 teams in same sport?

ITzRoryOC

I think the best answer is this: You have one life, support just only one team in one sport! But this is just my opinion. I'm a Manchester United fan since 2001 (i was born in 1995). I never felt that i should change or support other teams. It doesn't matter for me how the team performs, win, lose or tie, United till i die! Every team has a weak session, even the best ones. (sorry for the mistakes)

Talking NFL here

I grew up 2 hrs from San Francisco and my entire family are die hard 49ers fans. It took me a while but I eventually stopped rebelling foe the sake of it and joined them.

I've lived in Houston for almost 20 years now, so I started rooting for the Texans 5 or 6 years ago. Plus, I'm almost guaranteed to get the game on TV. 

They are in opposite conferences so are only guaranteed to play once, maybe twice, in a 4 year period. When they do, I want both tram's to play well, but I root louder for the Texans, because I dont enjoy sleeping on the couch. If they did ever meet in the Super Bowl I'd root for the Texans since they've never won it all. 

Knew a guy a long time ago (before City's oil money) that, because he lived in Manchester, claimed to be a Man City fan, but cheered for Utd in the Champions League. Baffles me to this day.

I don't hold any organization allegiances in eSports, probably because I've been involved with some and I know the back-handed things that go on in management. However for League, I cheered for CLG.EU and TSM, but now that none of the players from that time even play anymore, then I don't cheer for them anymore. Be a fan of the players and not the team name, with eSports. So with that in mind, I don't see a problem with cheering for multiple players across multiple teams, it doesn't have the same roots as being from Norwich and cheering for Norwich City.

Not that baffling to be honest, they are British and you should support the teams from your country in Europe.

Not that baffling to be honest, they are British and you should support the teams from your country in Europe.

Not if it's your main rival. It's one thing a City fan wanting Chelsea to win, because they have no direct rivalry beyond both vying for the title, but a City fan cheering for United? Absolutely not.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I support Fluminense from my country. But i also support Barcelona, since European football is a big thing and i also follow them since Ronaldinho transferred there (it was the moment that TV around here started broadcasting european football for good). 

But if they played the Club World Cup against each other, i would support Fluminense with no doubt. That's also the only way they can play each other, except from friendlies. 

It's one thing (for me) to support clubs that play different competitions and other is supporting teams that play the same one, like supporting two clubs that play the Champions League. Fluminense plays the Libertadores and Barcelona the UCL. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

So you’re allowed to hate on as many teams as you want, but only show support for one team per sport...

And it has to be support for a bunch of people who lived elsewhere, but got paid to put on a shirt with a geographical areas name on it...

And an area which you had no real choice to live in until you were old enough to move yourself somewhere else...

And you must refer to this group of strangers as “We”, as if you are on the team?

Sports is entertainment. I don’t root for any teams and watch it to be entertained by any and all good plays, regardless of which team is making them. Yes, I’ve clapped for both teams in the same game.

I really don’t understand what the drive is for people to limit their appreciation and set themselves up to be upset over something they have no control or input on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a lifelong Cleveland fan (Browns, Cavs, Indians), but I now live in Denver. In 2015, the Broncos won the Super Bowl, which was a lot of fun, enjoying my current city getting a championship. However, when the Cavs won in 2016 that was 100x better since my team I have followed for 25 years finally made the promised land.

I say follow sports because they are fun but keep that one home team as your main drive and that will make it more worthwhile. Additionally, just picking the big boys isn't as fun if they are 'expected to win every year.' The heartbreak is a lot of what makes winning so fun. The big boys being teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Steelers, Warriors, Lakers, Celtics, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc.