I found a trick for getting The Joy of Gifting trophy to pop

metamec

This trophy has been really winding me up because I could answer all the questions and get positive reactions, I could date hostesses until their love for me was maxed out, I could complete their substories, but they still wouldn't wear the million yen dresses and accoutrement's I gifted to them.

However, when I (playing Tanimura) was dating Nanami from Club Elise, I realised that some of the items she was wearing were available from nearby stores.  For example, when I was playing Akiyama and had to train her (Hostess Training) I made those cute cat ears part of her final outfit and she always wore them in the club.  Those ears are available from the Don Quijote store on the south west of the map.  So, I purchased them, gifted them to her, and on the following trip to the hostess club, she was wearing them (like she always does!) and the trophy popped!

Nobody else on the internet (nobody who speaks English anyway) seems to have noticed this so I figured I'd post it on the off-chance it helps preserve someone else's sanity. :P

• Like 2

Excellent!  Honestly, i have no idea why it pops for some players without any effort while for others it just doesn't seem to pop at all.   This definitely did the trick though.

Edited by fauxtronic

I just thought I'd add that a friend did the same thing and the trophy popped for them too, so it doesn't appear to have been a one off.

Just in case my original post isn't clear:

1. When playing Akiyama, you need to complete Hostess Maker for at least one of the girls: Hiyori, Nanami or Kyoko.

2. When selecting their final outfit, make sure you choose at least one item that is available from a nearby store (such as the cute cat ears I mentioned in my original post).

3. Now go and buy the item, return to Elise, request that girl, gift her the item and finish the event as normal.

4. Return to Elise, request the girl again, and she will point out that she's wearing the item.  The trophy will pop.

Edited by fauxtronic

• 3 months later...