Squenix annouced a Nier game by Platinum

Superbuu3

This is crazy when there's a video up i'll link it in the first post.

Well they said people who worked on the original will be helping to make sure it still has the feel of the original, but given its made by platinum I wouldn't be suprised if this ends up a lot more action orinetated.

The trailer also showed a girl with white hair.

Thanks to Cassiopria :)

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 4

Wow, a new Neir game? I heard how the 1st one was great. Here's hoping the 2nd one's better.

I'm just baffled this game flopped, this has gotta be the most shocking reveal I've seen at E3 ever I think, lol. I'm not like a huge fan but given squenix says games with relatively high sales numbers are failures I'm shocked they approached platinum for this (especially given platinums record with games selling badly)

• Like 1

Oh wow so excited! NiER is my all time favourite game and to see it get a sequel is fantastic! 

Never thought they'd make one but I can't wait to see more information revealed later on in the year about it.

Edited by talithacs

I'm just baffled this game flopped, this has gotta be the most shocking reveal I've seen at E3 ever I think, lol. I'm not like a huge fan but given squenix says games with relatively high sales numbers are failures I'm shocked they approached platinum for this (especially given platinums record with games selling badly)

Also for it to be an exclusive has me smh. I will try and support them if the game ends up being good to some level.

Edited by ZeroXOF

I've said this before, but for all it's flaws NIer was, for me, the best game of the PS3 era, and one of the best games I've ever played.  I'm just floored there's a sequel, PS4 exclusive by the looks of it too!   E3 2015 has been fantastic...didn't think it could get better, completely caught me by surprise seeing Nier 2...brilliant!!   :D

This GameSpot article is worth reading...Nier SPOILERS though:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-nier-will-stay-weird-but-this-time-with-platin/1100-6428262/

One thing that concerns me is the talk that there won't be the same genre hopping in the sequel.   This is a mistake for me, part of what made Nier special was the variation in gameplay styles, from 3rdP hack'n'slash, 2d house calls, isometric play, a text adventure...it didn't just serve to keep the gameplay fresh but it gave each area, character and story element it's own feel and identity...it really worked for me and I'll be disappointed if they don't revisit the genre hopping...