Devil May Cry 4 Trophy List Discussion

I thought I'd do one of these trophy list discussion threads, but with the toilet-paper-dispenses-from-the-top version of the title. :P

Anyway, there you go. Talk amongst yourselves.

Well said sir.

I never played this one or the 2nd one (maybe its best i didnt) but i did come back to the reboot? rehash? DMC which i liked. Im interested to know how this DMC stacked up against the others difficulty, trophies, and what not. 

The S Rank stuff looks like it will be tough. Though it will depend on if Trish, Lady, or Vergil have some combo to make that easier. I really don't look forward to the Bloody Palace stuff. But I'm sure it won't be as infuriating as DMC2's.

I never played this one or the 2nd one (maybe its best i didnt) but i did come back to the reboot? rehash? DMC which i liked.

I always thought of this one as the Metal Gear Solid 2 of the Devil May Cry series. And I know what you're thinking, "What does that make Devil May Cry 2?" Easy, Devil May Cry 2 is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

• Like 3

I always thought of this one as the Metal Gear Solid 2 of the Devil May Cry series. And I know what you're thinking, "What does that make Devil May Cry 2?" Easy, Devil May Cry 2 is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

ehm, .... ehm..... what?  ?  every think ok? maybe im to stupid to understand that but it sounds like you pumped your head . ^^ (no offens , it sounds just .......confusing? )

ehm, .... ehm..... what?  ?  every think ok? maybe im to stupid to understand that but it sounds like you pumped your head . ^^ (no offens , it sounds just .......confusing? )

Let me explain the reference then: Both Metal Gear and Devil May Cry have well established main characters whose personality drives the series, Solid Snake with Metal Gear, Dante with Devil May Cry. In Metal Gear 2, you didn't play as Snake the whole game, and you actually got to see that character as other characters see him, through the eyes of Raiden. Same thing in Devil May Cry 4, you didn't play as Dante through the whole game, and when you didn't you saw him through the eyes of another character, in this case Nero. Hence, Devil May Cry 4 is the Metal Gear Solid 2 of Devil May Cry.

Second, Devil May Cry 2 is bad, notoriously bad. So bad that I've heard people call bad entries into good series "The Devil May Cry 2 of [insert series name]". For instance, I used to consider Assassin's Creed: Revelations the Devil May Cry 2 of Assassin's Creed. Therefore: Devil May Cry 2 is the Devil May Cry 2 of Devil May Cry.:P

• Like 2

Let me explain the reference then: Both Metal Gear and Devil May Cry have well established main characters whose personality drives the series, Solid Snake with Metal Gear, Dante with Devil May Cry. In Metal Gear 2, you didn't play as Snake the whole game, and you actually got to see that character as other characters see him, through the eyes of Raiden. Same thing in Devil May Cry 4, you didn't play as Dante through the whole game, and when you didn't you saw him through the eyes of another character, in this case Nero. Hence, Devil May Cry 4 is the Metal Gear Solid 2 of Devil May Cry.

Second, Devil May Cry 2 is bad, notoriously bad. So bad that I've heard people call bad entries into good series "The Devil May Cry 2 of [insert series name]". For instance, I used to consider Assassin's Creed: Revelations the Devil May Cry 2 of Assassin's Creed. Therefore: Devil May Cry 2 is the Devil May Cry 2 of Devil May Cry. :P

Ok now i understand what you mean. Sry i was very confused ^^.  but be honest, it was confusing sentence ! i have never played DMC 4 . so i will try this ps4 version :)

I think the best words to describe this list are "time consuming". Doesn't look particularly hard if you're going for the platinum, i'm talking about the S ranks in every difficulty though, i never played DMC4 so i have no clue how its Bloody Palace works. As long as Royal Guard is in the game... i can do anything, lol.