Glitches

Trialia_X

Crash, bang, wallop.

Seriously?

I really enjoy this game, but the PS3 version had completely frozen my console 3 times before I even reached Rivendell, one of those mid-FMV. As for other glitches, I don't yet know if or what there are, so thought I'd thread to see if I could find out.

My 360 copy of Lego Harry Potter 1-4 is glitched so badly I can't complete it even after deleting, redownloading and reinstalling, and I'm having some issues with Lego LotR glitches on 360 at the moment too, though I'm at 92.4% completion. As for PS3 Lego games, well... I still can't get one final Slytherin piece of the Hogwarts crest in the Hall of Prophecy - I can't jump round the corner quickly enough without getting killed. That's the only thing I need to complete the whole game, so it makes me crazy.

Anyway, back to The Hobbit. Anything I ought to watch out for, please?

• 4 months later...

The last section of Out of the Frying Pan glitched for me. In the fight sequence when you play as Bilbo, it didn't recognize that I was pressing the corresponding buttons. Also, Bilbo got semi-stuck in the fire and I wasn't able to move him. Once I quit the level and returned, it did fine. Wasn't too happy about having to restart it though.

• 3 months later...

Just finished this game with my wife and this was by far the most glitchy, unpolished lego game I've played.  We played together on the PS3 and through the Story we had no issues. Freeplay froze on us multiple times after about an hour of playing. The final level, Inside Information, froze on us reliably unless we turned off the cheats.  Once the cutscene skipped itself and then we couldn't progress (had to restart level).  Wandering around the world we had really odd things happen. The most recent one was when having to fight a troll, my wife's player couldn't switch characters. She dropped out and I switched to her character, but holding triangle just switched me back to the other player. Again, restarting the game fixed it.

I've noticed a downward trend in the quality of these games, so buyer beware on future releases!

• 1 month later...

I've been finding on my second profile playthrough (I'm Tria on my alternate account - managed to sign up for another PSN profile in my sleep!) that in some scenes you can tell the game's about to crash - character movement lagging etc - and you can't escape that. Even if you exit & save the moment you see it, your console crashes on a black screen while doing so. It's utterly maddening. I've also been finding that pressing square in certain places actually switches my character instead of making the one I'm controlling hit out with their weapon, and naturally half the time that'll get you killed. For goodness' sake, this game has been out 2 years now & WB have (sadly) stated they're not going to come up with DLC for part 3, so TT have no excuse whatsoever for not patching all this!

The final level, Inside Information, froze on us reliably unless we turned off the cheats.  Once the cutscene skipped itself and then we couldn't progress (had to restart level).

I had this exact thing happen to me when I first played the game on my original profile - all went black & froze when the ending FMV was meant to start, but I had to restart the console entirely & take off all cheats *and* dynamic screen setting to be able to redo the level & complete it without crashing. Such a mess.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I noticed this thread before playing through the game I took note of any glitches that occurred.

I had the (395MB) update 1.2 installed.

The game 'hard froze' 5 times, it totally stopped responding to controller input and I had to shut my PS3 off by holding the power button.

The game 'soft froze' once, it got stuck fast traveling to a location but I was able to exit with the PS button and close the game.

Weirdest glitch was when my second character got stuck in the 'pole climb' state. He was following me around, grunting incessantly. He was no longer on the pole pad and if I switched to him I couldn't get out of the 'pole climb' state, nor could I change characters. :lol:

Edited by mking_63

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...