Arkham Knight Batmobile edition canceled

Several of my friends got calls and emails saying that the Arkham Knight Batmobile edition has been canceled. I was at GameStop and the guy at the register said it happened to him. I have the non-Batmobile CE preordered, but doesn't seem like it's impacted.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/06/17/batman-arkham-knights-batmobile-edition-has-been-pulled-from-retailers/

Real BS to do this now! And I bet the scalpers are having a shit fit.

• Like 1

I think sales probably had to do something with it. Product quality is never a top priority for some publishers and I doubt W Bros is any different from them.

Didn't this thing sell out quite quickly? I know I tried to find a copy a week or two after it was available and couldn't find a retailer with availability online or in my city. I don't think sales were an issue.

I dislike WB as much as the next guy but I feel like this is 100% due to build quality, especially with an announcement like this so close to release. I'm guessing the manufacturing was pretty much down to the wire and during assembly there was a serious flaw.

Worst part is, with all the content that's already been announced, WB probably has nothing in their back pocket to compensate those who pre-ordered. I'm sure there will be more DLC developed, but nothing's probably ready to go. They had a few skins they could dish out but that's basically it. I feel like maybe tossing those folks a free season pass or something would be good though.

At least no one is actually out any cash, just exclusive stuff they were excited to spend money on. And I can guarantee you if I had spent that kind of cash and received a substandard product, I'd be pretty pissed. I think it's a shitty situation but the most respectful decision to make is probably just to scrap it altogether.

• Like 2

Didn't this thing sell out quite quickly? I know I tried to find a copy a week or two after it was available and couldn't find a retailer with availability online or in my city. I don't think sales were an issue.

I dislike WB as much as the next guy but I feel like this is 100% due to build quality, especially with an announcement like this so close to release. I'm guessing the manufacturing was pretty much down to the wire and during assembly there was a serious flaw.

Worst part is, with all the content that's already been announced, WB probably has nothing in their back pocket to compensate those who pre-ordered. I'm sure there will be more DLC developed, but nothing's probably ready to go. They had a few skins they could dish out but that's basically it. I feel like maybe tossing those folks a free season pass or something would be good though.

At least no one is actually out any cash, just exclusive stuff they were excited to spend money on. And I can guarantee you if I had spent that kind of cash and received a substandard product, I'd be pretty pissed. I think it's a shitty situation but the most respectful decision to make is probably just to scrap it altogether.

It's pretty rare when someone offers up a reasonable sounding theory based on common sense instead of sitting in their angry chair and tossing around words like "bullshit". How refreshing.

• Like 1