Resident Evil 7 A No Show At E3 2015

Ok, so I'm officially down. I was hoping to hear something about RE7 at this years E3 but it looks like it was a no show. I don't care what people say about the series as a whole but I love every single game. I also understand the series has drastically changed and it's time for a reboot to get the series back on track where it should have been but regardless at the end of the day Resident Evil will always have a place in my heart. I would love a reboot and especially a RE2 remake but what do you guys think about RE7? The Last of Us did show us how good a story can be and I wish RE would take a page from ND book. I would love to see the zombies make a return but after playing TLOU I think infected humans are way more scarier. Especially the Runners from TLOU. They are relentless, fast and don't give up until you are dead. That is way more frightening than your regular shuffle zombie. My next guess would be TGS 2015 where they could show a new RE but only time will tell. I will have the RE0 HD Remaster to keep my busy early next year I guess.

As long as they use Revelations as a template for RE7, I'm on board. If it's another shitty action movie like RE6, they I'd rather they just end the RE series.

But I don't think they'll show anything soon. Revelations 2 was just released this year, and now they seem to be remastering the older games. I think we'll see the first RE7 trailer next year.

• Like 2

As long as they use Revelations as a template for RE7, I'm on board. If it's another shitty action movie like RE6, they I'd rather they just end the RE series.

But I don't think they'll show anything soon. Revelations 2 was just released this year, and now they seem to be remastering the older games. I think we'll see the first RE7 trailer next year.

I respect that. I hope to see the trailer sooner but if it there was a guarantee of next year then I would love that.

Don't agree with your "needs to take a page out of the ND playbook" statements. Naughty Dog does a lot of things right, the most important one being if you're borrowing from different games at least make sure you do it right. But ND is anything but innovative as RE and Silent Hill were here when ND was still making cartoony jumpy platformers. Same goes for tomb raider and Uncharted

They recently released Revelations 2 and have announced Zero HD, so I wasn't really expecting a new RE so soon. Maybe we'll hear something about RE7 at Gamescom or TGS.

But ND is anything but innovative as RE and Silent Hill were here when ND was still making cartoony jumpy platformers.

But they were among the first to make cartoony jump platformers in 3D and it worked compared to so many other studios that failed.

Everyone steals ideas. The first RE was hardly original when you compare it to the first Alone in the Dark: A horror game in an old mansion with polygon zombies, pre-rendered backgrounds, fixed camera angles and a combination of puzzle solving and action. ^^

Don't agree with your "needs to take a page out of the ND playbook" statements. Naughty Dog does a lot of things right, the most important one being if you're borrowing from different games at least make sure you do it right. But ND is anything but innovative as RE and Silent Hill were here when ND was still making cartoony jumpy platformers. Same goes for tomb raider and Uncharted

TLoU is pretty innovative with its storytelling techniques.

I love the story of Re6. Was I the only one that thought Ada was dead??
Anyway don't worry there is always TGS and if not this year then there is always the next. RE is one of my favorite franchises alongside DMC and considering that DMC4 is making a comeback I am sure RE7 is not far away :D

Don't expect to see an announcement of a new RE games at E3. Capcom for the last few years have been announcing the new RE games on their website or at TGS (of course a playable demo is usually at E3) but we already know the details about the game by that time. If nothing is shown at this year TGS, then most likely we will see an announcement next year since the franchise will have their 20 anniversary.