Should I buy The Witcher 3 ?

So I Completed Dying light and I'm looking for a new game... I know the witcher 3 has amazing ratings, but im not sure :( gameplay looks a bit boring somehow... in The Last of us the Gameplay also looked boring and at the end when I played it, it was a great game... please tell me Why I should buy it and your opinion from 1-10

I appreciate every Reply :)

You should definitely buy it if you enjoy RPGs. The combat is challenging and fun, even though it might look a bit boring when you're looking at it, but I promise, it's engaging and fluid, just as it should be. Personally I think it's one of the best western RPGs in years. I was a big fan of Skyrim, and I got the same old feeling from this game. The world is vast and you'll easily get lost in it. 

This has turned into me just praising the game, but it really is great. 

- One of the best narration of the story I've seen in video games. Some side-quests are better written than many main quests in other AAA RPG games.

- Best dialogues and characters I've seen in a decade.

- You will laugh and cry - I promise you that; Witcher 3 induces a post-game depression (it's a term I use in a situation when a game is so good I feel detached from the real world and after finishing it I need a few days to get my s**t together).

- Combat is fun and challenging, especially on higher difficulties: you have to prepare for tougher enemies (alchemy, oils, etc.). It's basically swordplay with a little bit of magic (not much though). If I had to find a similar combat system, it would be something like Assassin's Creed, but much MUCH better. Enemies won't wait in line to let you parry and counter, but will instead surround you and attack at once. On higher difficulties you will be crushed within seconds if you don't focus. For me it was the most fluid and seamless combat in years.

- Soundtrack! www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQS4o_bYA_M

- The world is amazing - it's the first game that does forests well. First time you get inside the woods it will give you chills. Skellige is my favorite map - Skyrim-like islands with snowy mountains and "scandinavian" tribes scattered across - beautiful!

- 100-200 hours of gameplay without any annoying grind and unnecessary fillers. This game is worth your hard-earned money.

- Bestiary! Some monsters are really original and well-designed. Leshen is my favorite: http://i.imgur.com/uC1qVOJ.jpg

- Gwent: a game within a game. You can play cards with NPCs in taverns while getting drunk on 95% dwarven spirit ;)

- Easily the best game of 2015 so far.

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 1

This was the first Witcher game I played, and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. The quests will often throw you for a loop and make you decide how to act - without exactly telling you what the "good" or "bad" way is (I'm looking at you, Mass Effect!) The story is really intruiging, even if it does take a little while to actually "get into it," so to speak. The world is super-pretty and the myirad of different monsters for you to fight (and learn to fight, since most of them require somewhat of a strategy) make it really diverse.

So yeah, I definitely recommend you pick this game up, if you have the chance. :)

I see you own the game since it's on your profile, you should let us know what you think OP. :)

In my opinion, the game is worth the $60 price tag and then some.  Even if the PS4 version has frustratingly long load times, framerate issues and the game in general is pretty front-heavy in terms of difficulty.