Batman Arkham Knight Review Thread

Saltyie

God Is a Geek - 10/10

If Aslyum showed us what was possible, and City was a good sequel that didn’t quite reach the same levels, then Knight is the crowning glory. It’s exciting, beautiful, haunting, dramatic, and compelling. It leaves you breathless, begging for more. This is the best game I’ve played this year so far, and it gets the mind racing as to what Rocksteady can do next. Occasional difficulty spikes near the end require a little patience, and although it’s often optional, there are lots of Batmobile combat encounters which you’ll either love or loathe. But if you give yourself to it, and if you love the characters, it’ll blow you away. And, Christ… I never thought I’d say this, but Arkham Asylum has just been bettered.

Videogamer - 10/10

It's epic; it's grand; it's addictive; it's ridiculously good-looking and it's going to be remembered for a long time to come. A masterpiece.

Polygon - 10/10

Rocksteady has said this is its last Batman game, and I'm praying to the New Gods that they're on the level. After Arkham Knight, trying to find more meat on the Batman bone would define futility. After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation.

Game Informer - 9.5/10

At the end of it all, Batman: Arkham Knight delivers a great sense of closure for this series. Rocksteady leaves a few plot threads dangling to tease and taunt us, but the grim tale that started all the way back in Arkham Asylum is done. I walked away from Arkham Knight shocked, satisfied, and in dire need of someone to discuss the story with. Rocksteady built a special experience that dazzles with its cleverness, intelligence, and ability to shift from kick-ass Batman moments to emotional gut punches to scenes stripped straight from some of Batman's greatest comic book stories. Lock yourself away, avoid social media and friends, and finish this game. You won't want this one spoiled for you.

IGN - 9.2/10

If this is in fact the last Rocksteady-developed Batman game, the series will end on a high note. Arkham Knight is the biggest Batman game yet, not just in map size, but in the wide range of different types of gameplay, and its collection of characters. The addition of tank combat thematically clashes with everything Batman stands for, but it is fun, and having access to the Batmobile for the first time gives us a new world of possibilities for interacting with Gotham City. Arkham Knight is an outstanding game on almost every level.

Gamespot - 7/10
What Batman: Arkham Knight does well, however, it does really well. Gotham is a dazzling playground where neon lights pierce through the rain and mist; all it takes is a single glimpse to tell you that this is a city in need. Moreover, many individual elements are so carefully constructed, and presented with such flair, that appreciation is the only reasonable reaction. Yet most of these elements--excellent acting, wonderful animations, moody soundtrack--are ones that Batman: Arkham City also excelled in, making Arkham Knight's missteps all the more noticeable. Rather than escape the pull of the games that spawned it, The Bat's newest adventure refines the fundamentals; it is a safe but satisfying return to the world's most tormented megalopolis.
Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 2

Looks good and the reviews so far have been good. I can't wait for 23rd, still weird how Rocksteady haven't given the details on the resolutions and frame-rate on the X1 but I'm happy enough to wait. The E3 demo was awesome and I really the identity of Arkham Knight is a shocker.

Edited by ZeroXOF

now if this is really £100 I would say wait for it to drop or wait for a goty one of it so that you can get all of the games dlc, I payed £100 for borderlands 2 with the bubblehead thing and I feel like borderlands 2 is a good game but did not get a near 10 out of 10 or 9/10 it's more like a 7 or 6 out of 10 

I never had my doubts. Rocksteady are right up there with the very best and it is a pleasure to have them around as far as i'm concerned. Thank you Sefton Hill for bringing my childhood fantasy into the virtual realm, you and your team have my respect Sir.

That's poposterous. Everybody knows that a game that scores below 8/10 is obviously a shitty game that's not worth anybody's time. /s

If you are depending on random_reviewer's opinions and game scores to make your game purchase decisions then you are missing out.

I'm pretty sure he was just fucking around and not being serious.

In regards to Arkham Knight, I've already gotten wet just from seeing the damn game in action, and I'll thankfully start playing it in the next 12 days whenever I pick it up. I don't care about review scores anyways, as they don't mean shit when it comes to your true opinion. If you really don't know, then don't pre-order the game anyways and just Redbox the game, or "rent it", for non-U.S. people. This game will be awesome, as being a pro at the game doesn't hinder the experience.

Edited by icameron625
  • Like 1

If you are depending on random_reviewer's opinions and game scores to make your game purchase decisions then you are missing out.

Oh, I can't believe you missed the "/s" on the end. That means /sarcasm, you know? *sigh*

As saltyie said, the GS review was the only one I read (intend reading Polygon's too) and I also, like many of the mature commenters, felt like it deserved a 8/10 by what was written.

I'm honestly happy that no one in this site yet has been immature and attacked GS for giving a lower score. If you don't have the game yet, how can you disagree??

Is Arkham Origins canon?  I have it, but never played it.  Wonder if I'll miss anything story-wise as a result.

It is, but it's hit and miss compared to the other two. It's the only Arkham game I didn't feel like doing another playthrough of. But if you really want to get it then it's worth the lowered price it should have now.

Do hear that WB studio? Rock Steady is what made batman arkham series a freaking arkham games! you guys just stick to the publishing stuff and shut up.

i did stated before to leave the franchise after the horrible Arkham Origins (which I avoid it) now I think I take that back but first..

1- need to get a ps4.

2- wait for an Angry Joe review of this game since I trust him more than any other reviewer out there.

3- wait for a price drop for the game or I'll get it used just like I did with arkham city.