Zenpai's Temple of Trophies

Zenpai

• 1 month later...

Nice plats do you have !!!! Catherine that nice one have in your collection :)

Thanks! Yeah, Catherine is one of the three Platinums I'm most proud of. Not at all easy, but definitely satisfying when you finally get your hands on it.

Nice plats and a well organised checklist c:

Nice trophy checklist dude

Thanks to all of you!

Edited by jrdemr
  • Like 1

Questions:

- You said DB is your favorite series. 1. So "Dragon Ball" (the one with Kid Goku) is really your favorite series? 2. (Even though this is a gaming website and gaming related topic, it's still possible you could be talking about television to, because that's just how it is, so) Dragon Ball (which ever one you mean/meant) your favorite what series? Too vague there.

- In your signature, is that temple like structure in the background related or from the Avatar (cartoon) universe?

- Is your "Temple of" in your title a reference to OR inspired from the recently released, as a monthly PS+, Tomb Raider game? If not, what's the origin of it?

- The platinum trophies listed here are the ones you actually got by yourself (instead of with your brother's help) right?

Concerns:

- Dragon Ball Xenoverse may not have fixed their RNG system (what game with RNG is perfect or actually legit good/balanced? Even The Legend of Korra, a game you got the platinum trophy from, has its own issues with RNG but wasn't mentioned in your description for the platinum), but the game's RNG was tweaked, making it easier (even if it's slightly) than it was at launch/early days.

And yes the DLC came out, multiple actually.

- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm. I disagree with your isolation towards this game. I forget if part 2 kept it, but it was nice to have the button-mashing collision system (between jutsus), although Hidden Leaf Village is just one place, area, and location, I found it (as a Hub world) more enjoyable than running around the different locations in the sequels (plus HLV had mini games in the village with Naruto) and definitely better than the counterparts in the sequels, the boss battles were good, it was enjoyable to have 1 installment on the next gen focusing on the kid era & story (before Shippuden), and the missions were more simple, not complex, and not overwhelming (don't get confused with not a challenge) to get all the stars in since there were none of these fragments or those other pieces of similar components they change up in every installment required to get all stars or whatever. It was simple. Just do the mission conditions to get all the stars. The game was really good, despite some missing elements like Haku's and Zabuza's story and even their inclusion as playable characters (which were obviously linked).

P.S. Not some bad Platinum trophies you got there.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

Questions:

- You said DB is your favorite series. 1. So "Dragon Ball" (the one with Kid Goku) is really your favorite series? 2. (Even though this is a gaming website and gaming related topic, it's still possible you could be talking about television to, because that's just how it is, so) Dragon Ball (which ever one you mean/meant) your favorite what series? Too vague there.

- In your signature, is that temple like structure in the background related or from the Avatar (cartoon) universe?

- Is your "Temple of" in your title a reference to OR inspired from the recently released, as a monthly PS+, Tomb Raider game? If not, what's the origin of it?

- The platinum trophies listed here are the ones you actually got by yourself (instead of with your brother's help) right?

Concerns:

- Dragon Ball Xenoverse may not have fixed their RNG system (what game with RNG is perfect or actually legit good/balanced? Even The Legend of Korra, a game you got the platinum trophy from, has its own issues with RNG but wasn't mentioned in your description for the platinum), but the game's RNG was tweaked, making it easier (even if it's slightly) than it was at launch/early days.

And yes the DLC came out, multiple actually.

- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm. I disagree with your isolation towards this game. I forget if part 2 kept it, but it was nice to have the button-mashing collision system (between jutsus), although Hidden Leaf Village is just one place, area, and location, I found it (as a Hub world) more enjoyable than running around the different locations in the sequels (plus HLV had mini games in the village with Naruto) and definitely better than the counterparts in the sequels, the boss battles were good, it was enjoyable to have 1 installment on the next gen focusing on the kid era & story (before Shippuden), and the missions were more simple, not complex, and not overwhelming (don't get confused with not a challenge) to get all the stars in since there were none of these fragments or those other pieces of similar components they change up in every installment required to get all stars or whatever. It was simple. Just do the mission conditions to get all the stars. The game was really good, despite some missing elements like Haku's and Zabuza's story and even their inclusion as playable characters (which were obviously linked).

Dang! Now this is paying some serious attention to every single thing I wrote!! :lol:

To answer all of your questions:

- Dragon Ball is my favorite franchise of all time. And no, not just the one with Kid Goku. I'm more a fan of the manga than I am of the anime, and the manga was all "Dragon Ball" (no "Z") from Bulma to Buu. Though, obviously, I also enjoy the anime immensely as an adaptation of the manga. Of course, I also have plenty of games from the franchise, but since there are too many of them, I only get the ones I deem to be the very best.

- Actually, no, the temple is not related to the Avatar universe (though it is my second favorite series of all time). I asked Floriiss to create a banner based on the render of Goku you see above, with the words "JR's Temple of Trophies". He just picked up an image of a temple and used it as a background to fit the name (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

- I chose to call my checklist "Temple of Trophies" as a reference to the temples of the gods you see in Dragon Ball (and because no one had picked that name yet).

- Yup, I got all trophies listed here 100% by myself. The comments below each Platinum show I actually spent time with each game. Actually, I also got one more Platinum besides the ones shown here - the one for Prince of Persia (2008). That was actually my very first Platinum of all time. However, when I saw that I could no longer get the Epilogue DLC on the Portuguese PSN store and would therefore be forever unable to 100% the game, I gave it away and got the X360 version, since at the time the Epilogue was still available for purchase. Seeing as I only want my profile to show the games I currently possess, I hid that one as well. If only I knew all I needed to do was get the DLC from the UK store... oh well.

Regarding your concerns:

- Some people keep telling me the RNG in Xenoverse was improved between patches, but honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference (if any). I only play RPG every now and then, but I do know the RNG in Xenoverse was implemented terribly. The successive layers of RNG and the amount of time you have to spend actually getting to the part where you might have a chance to get what you want is painfully frustrating. I hate this kind of artificial game lengthening.

- And yes, I do know of all the DLC that came out for the game (I do follow Kanzenshuu, after all), that last part was meant more to be humorous than anything else  ;)  - just to mention the fact that even after all the grinding I did, I still have to get the drops from the third DLC.

- I'm not saying the first Ultimate Ninja Storm was bad (it actually looks pretty good), but as I said, when I get an anime game, I want it to follow the story reasonably closely - something I thought UNS 1 didn't do. And Rise of a Ninja and Broken Bond let me explore Konohagakure (and lots of other places!) as well, so...

P.S. Not some bad Platinum trophies you got there.

Thanks!

Edited by jrdemr

Dang! Now this is paying some serious attention to every single thing I wrote!! :lol:

To answer all of your questions:

- Dragon Ball is my favorite franchise of all time. And no, not just the one with Kid Goku. I'm more a fan of the manga than I am of the anime, and the manga was all "Dragon Ball" (no "Z") from Bulma to Buu. Though, obviously, I also enjoy the anime immensely as an adaptation of the manga. Of course, I also have plenty of games from the franchise, but since there are too many of them, I only get the ones I deem to be the very best.

- Actually, no, the temple is not related to the Avatar universe (though it is my second favorite series of all time). I asked Floriiss to create a banner based on the render of Goku you see above, with the words "JR's Temple of Trophies". He just picked up an image of a temple and used it as a background to fit the name (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

- I chose to call my checklist "Temple of Trophies" as a reference to the temples of the gods you see in Dragon Ball (and because no one had picked that name yet).

- Yup, I got all trophies listed here 100% by myself. The comments below each Platinum show I actually spent time with each game. Actually, I also got one more Platinum besides the ones shown here - the one for Prince of Persia (2008). That was actually my very first Platinum of all time. However, when I saw that I could no longer get the Epilogue DLC on the Portuguese PSN store and would therefore be forever unable to 100% the game, I gave it away and got the X360 version, since at the time the Epilogue was still available for purchase. Seeing as I only want my profile to show the games I currently possess, I hid that one as well. If only I knew all I needed to do was get the DLC from the UK store... oh well.

Regarding your concerns:

- Some people keep telling me the RNG in Xenoverse was improved between patches, but honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference (if any). I only play RPG every now and then, but I do know the RNG in Xenoverse was implemented terribly. The successive layers of RNG and the amount of time you have to spend actually getting to the part where you might have a chance to get what you want is painfully frustrating. I hate this kind of artificial game lengthening.

- And yes, I do know of all the DLC that came out for the game (I do follow Kanzenshuu, after all), that last part was meant more to be humorous than anything else  ;)  - just to mention the fact that even after all the grinding I did, I still have to get the drops from the third DLC.

- I'm not saying the first Ultimate Ninja Storm was bad (it actually looks pretty good), but as I said, when I get an anime game, I want it to follow the story reasonably closely - something I thought UNS 1 didn't do. And Rise of a Ninja and Broken Bond let me explore Konohagakure (and lots of other places!) as well, so...

Thanks!

Yup, that's the kind of person I am. I'm the same way with games and movies; analyzing and observing everything!

Oh, ok I see.... Yeah, the Dragon Ball split came with the anime adaption, both Japanese and USA. Assuming you live in USA, the technical specification of which series or the entire franchise was your favorite would be necessary, otherwise perceived as Dragon Ball with Kid Goku... if not specified (which you cleared up in your comment). Luckily, the way the storylines work in the Db and Dbz games don't have you needing to play the first in the series before buying the second, such as Raging Blast. However, with this example, RB2 did entirely not have a story-mode whatsoever so that's one advantage and reason to actually own Raging Blast 1. Great or improved gameplay is l always a good thing, but no story at all is a serious flaw. While on this subject, despite some of the good additions in Ultimate Tenkaichi had along with good music, good story, graphics, cut-scenes, etc, this game is the only one I feel of last gen that's actually not worth buying (unless for really cheap but not single digits cheap) or owning.

Odd, because I know for sure this temple [image] is from some anime, cartoon, or game I've seen/played. It looks way too familiar.

Oh o_O, wow....

Cool.

Because it's true, and it was. Hmm, it was bad, but I don't think that bad. Getting things in the beginning didn't take naturally long. Ever notice how it felt longer when we were down to our last few needed (general term, not the actual DB: Xenoverse) items? Sure, some things in the beginning were also hard to get, but it was always harder to get the last ones you needed. This needs to be considered and noted. It was the same in TLOK where it was only the S and A tier items that were incredibly painful to get and took long. Everything (in both games) weren't hard to get, just some or a good amount.

Partially figured this haha.

It did follow the anime closely, from what I remember. That Naruto vs Gaara scene was amazing and mostly on point, along with the Sasuke vs Naruto fight at the Valley and others. Was really a great game. If anything, don't the Shippuden games alter the scenes more?

While on this subject, despite some of the good additions in Ultimate Tenkaichi had along with good music, good story, graphics, cut-scenes, etc, this game is the only one I feel of last gen that's actually not worth buying (unless for really cheap but not single digits cheap) or owning.

As I said, there are way too many Dragon ball games, so I'm just sticking with the ones I deem to be the very best. This generation, that was Burst Limit and Xenoverse (more of a Dimps fan, myself).

Odd, because I know for sure this temple [image] is from some anime, cartoon, or game I've seen/played. It looks way too familiar.

You're going to have to ask Floriiss where the image came from.

Because it's true, and it was. Hmm, it was bad, but I don't think that bad. Getting things in the beginning didn't take naturally long. Ever notice how it felt longer when we were down to our last few needed (general term, not the actual DB: Xenoverse) items? Sure, some things in the beginning were also hard to get, but it was always harder to get the last ones you needed. This needs to be considered and noted. It was the same in TLOK where it was only the S and A tier items that were incredibly painful to get and took long. Everything (in both games) weren't hard to get, just some or a good amount.

I still found it to be way too unnecessarily grindy.

It did follow the anime closely, from what I remember. That Naruto vs Gaara scene was amazing and mostly on point, along with the Sasuke vs Naruto fight at the Valley and others. Was really a great game. If anything, don't the Shippuden games alter the scenes more?

I've seen plenty of playthroughs of the game on YouTube and I'm going to have to disagree. I can't call a game that skips the very first arc "close" to the anime. The rest of the battles are all there, but that's all there is - the battles, with almost no context, just a text recap. Check out some playthroughs of Rise of a Ninja on YouTube and you'll see what I mean when I say it's a lot closer.

You got a nice collection of plats! And Catherine!  :jaymon:

Thanks! Yeah, Catherine was probably the hardest game I ever played, but it felt so good when I finally beat Babel. Gonna play Persona 4 Arena Ultimax in a few months, though, so... wondering if I have the skills to Platinum that one, too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like your checklist man! You have pretty good plats. I have Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands in my backlog. Plan to play that soon.

Thanks, I'm proud of them, too.

The Forgotten Sands is a nice game if you liked the original Sands of Time trilogy on the PS2. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's enjoyable enough and very easy, so you should plat it in no time.

Decent plat collection, keep working on building up that respectable collection and avoid shitty games ;)

Thanks! I'm very picky with my gaming and only try something new after it gets a lot of popularity, garners excellent reviews (90% or higher) and/or piques my interest. Since I try to get the most out of my games anyway, I don't need all that many. If by some chance my backlog ends, I'll just revisit my old favorites, it's what I keep them for.

Awesome platinums mate! I mean a list that as Caterine as a plat cannot be bad :D That game is so hard to plat! The rest are awesome as well! DBX, The Naruto games, and the lego Harry Potter are some of the best I played at least in its genre :D

Thanks! Apparently platting Catherine is the secret to getting a lot of love on the site :P  I used a lot of video walkthroughs, as there's no way I had the brains to do it all 100% by myself, but it was still extremely hard.

And yeah, I like to get video game tie-ins for the franchises I like. Some of them are pretty good, and since most are relatively easy, you're guaranteed to have a good, relaxing time. (Except with Xenoverse, which just loves putting RNG everywhere).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you make the platinum trophies appear on your post? I see people do that and i'm jealous and want to know how to do it D:

It's quite simple, really. Open the game's trophy list, click on the platinum, then click on its icon. Copy that page's URL. Afterwards, make a new topic/post and, beside all your other posting options, such as bold and italic, select the icon that looks like a picture. A window will appear, telling you to paste the desired image's URL. Paste the URL you copied before and voilà.

Btw nice plats man, I am impressed with the Catherine plat

Thanks!

• 7 months later...