Any patches out?

Totalcross3000

Have there been any patches released for this game I know the servers have been glitchy

Nope but the game works well enough to get the platinum. I was able too although it was a couple years go.

Techland has moved on from this game ages ago. They are working on DI2.

Techland is not making Dead Island 2. The devs that made Spec Ops: The Line, Yager, are making the game. Techland is working on Dying Light DLC, probably prototyping a sequel and developing their other new IP, Hellraid.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Excuse me, the ps3.otg trophy guide says that I need the patch 1.04 to gain the trophy related to explore all the island, but if there aren't patches just like I understand from the previous posts (plus when I start the game I have the 1.00 version), how can I get that trophy?

Edited by VirtualNight

15 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Excuse me, the ps3.otg trophy guide says that I need the patch 1.04 to gain the trophy related to explore all the island, but if there aren't patches just like I understand from the previous posts (plus when I start the game I have the 1.00 version), how can I get that trophy?

What region version are you playing?

1 minute ago, Gage said:

Is it a Game of the Year version or something like that? I assume those versions come pre patched so will just display as 1.00. 

I don't think so, it is just called Dead Island, I got it without any dlc when it was in sale for only 5 euros (you know, the ps store discounts), I'm worry about starting to find all the locations & then don't get the trophy :(.

The game hadn't done that when I started the story (or had I really missed that clear message?), but now at the main menu it says that I have the version 1.3...still not 1.4 :angry:, I hope that this won't stop me for 1 or more trophies.

I'll update once that I get the platinum trophy (IF I get it :jaymon:).

EDIT: ok, I got all the possible glitched trophies (I hope -_-), I had some doubts about the patch because if you check the game informations from the xmb menu (highlight the digital game with :triangle:, info) it should say "version 1.00", nut what do you want to check instead is what the game says in the left-down corner when you are in the main menu of the game. Personally I had version 1.03, so I was worry since the trophy guide says that I need pathc 1.04 to gain a trophy, but actually I got it even with 1.03 version without problems.

I haven't found boring glitches, crashes or other things that I have read around, I think that the version 1.04 is something for the definitive edition, instead the normal edition has the version 1.03 = don't worry, the plat is achievable with any of these versions.

Edited by VirtualNight