Preload question

Saberlarry

This is my first time preordering a game on ps store, i thought it would give us several days to download the stuffs, but now when the timer is only 1d19h i still havent been able to do it. Is this an exception or every other game only allow us to download when there is only like 1 day left? Thanks

I don't think they cater for varying quality of internet connections as that is out of their control. If they released the game for preload at different times for different people it would pretty much cost Sony a fortune.

1-2 days before release is more than enough time for an average internet connection to download the necessary files to play.

If you are really worried, put your PS4 into sleep mode when you aren't using it between now and release, it will power down but download the files you need when they are available.

Mine is 1 day 10 hours and im downloading them :) 5 files for the premium edition, harley quinn is 1.2gb, ps exclusive skins is around 120mb, scarecrow mission is 1gb, the update file is over 3gb and youre able to play the game at 16gb downloaded

Looks like Europeans (and I believe some Asian countries too) get to preload this game pretty late, as it's still not available to preload and the countdown has less than half a day left. Might be downloadable some hours before midnight?

Mine didn't pre-load at all, it just started updating/installing/downloading once the countdown was over. I'm not so bothered as I have a full work week and wouldn't get much time to play it till the weekend anyway. Still, nice to know it is there :)

Yeah, this preload was a pretty big fail for the Europeans :P Auto-download seemingly only worked after the countdown. If you wanted to preload, you had to go in the PSN store some hours (5 or more?) before the countdown ended and it was downloadable at that time, though it was plagued by the CE errors people had previously had with games like the Witcher III (fixable by downloading any free content, then starting the preload). In any case, it's been very slow at loading, but nearly done now (I didn't get to start it until 2 hours before the countdown ended) with just 2 gigs of the last file to go.

Yeah, this preload was a pretty big fail for the Europeans :P Auto-download seemingly only worked after the countdown. If you wanted to preload, you had to go in the PSN store some hours (5 or more?) before the countdown ended and it was downloadable at that time, though it was plagued by the CE errors people had previously had with games like the Witcher III (fixable by downloading any free content, then starting the preload). In any case, it's been very slow at loading, but nearly done now (I didn't get to start it until 2 hours before the countdown ended) with just 2 gigs of the last file to go.

I definitely had those CE errors, I'm still downloading the game but it should be 100% ready by this Friday. It keeps locking and freezing, popping a CE error. But when I pause and start again it starts downloading properly again until the next freeze.