Arkham Knight: Trophies Vs Initial Playthrough

Zaidius

Hi,

Just wanted to gather a consensus of how most gamers experience the first time playthrough a game: If you finish a game blind or go in with a "trophy plan" in mind.

I myself am looking forwards to arkham knight, but im mixed if I should play the game with a trophy guide by my side, or If I should forget about the trophies and play the game for what it is, then go trophy hunting after completing the story.

I prefer to play and enjoy the game first, but it is annoying having to replay large parts of the game just to get a specific trophy. Or play the story multiple times in different difficulties.

How do you approach the initial playthrough?, Or does it depend on the game?.

How will you approach Arkham Knight?

Edited by Zaidius

Since the platinum trophy demands from you to play it twice and since I absoloutely love rocksteadys Arkham series, I´ll play the first time just for the enjoyment and the second time for a clean up. Maybe even a third time, after all of the DLC has been released :P

• Like 1

I'm getting it on release, i doubt it'll have a trophy guide for a few weeks yet, i'll be looking for tips though.

I bet it will, people make guides within 2-3 days after release since they get the game early as reviewers and stuff. You can bet there will be a guide on .org before 25th.

• Like 1

One play through blind for fun then another play though for trophies is how I play all my games, this will be no different.

Sounds like a philosophy I need to start following

The worst is reading a trophy guide which kinda spoils the plot, as in get a trophy called "kill the ****" as the final boss.

Maybe we don't want to know who the final boss is and enjoy the story first.

Honestly play the game for the first time blind unless your intention is to just get trophies then you can use a guide. Personally I don't mind if I replay the game for a specific trophy. I intend to complete this game a large number if times

First playthrough is always for fun.  The only thing I might do is check for difficulty trophies/achievements... then at least I can get those out of the way on my fun run, since it doesn't make all that much difference what difficulty I play on and it doesn't hold much bearing on the story or how I pace myself.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I had a total internet 'blackout' while playing the Witcher 3. I stayed away from any sites or comment sections that could spoil it, and was very careful when going on threads that had information relating to the game. Suffice to say, I missed the Gwent cards that mean I have to do a second playthrough (Boo hoo right?) but I feel much happier as a result. I remember Mass Effect 3's ending getting spoiled for me, and it ruined a lot of the build up to the final fight. So, I'll definitely be avoiding the internet (and trophies) when playing Batman this week!

Batman games in the past haven't had anything 'missable' in that you can't clean it up during New Game Plus.

For Batman games, at least, I always look over the trophies just to see what's required. Do I have to do a predator challenge perfectly? Do I have to find a certain area? I usually skip over the story mission ones without glancing too much at them (better if their hidden) As for playing with a trophy guide side-by-side, naw. There will be time to clean-up after the main stories and side missions :P