Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Goro

Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert

I'm an extroverted introvert. It's nearly impossible for introverts to be themselves in today's society so I've adapted and gained some of the skills and qualities of the extroverted.

EDIT: This page describes the extroverted introvert well, if you don't understand what I'm saying.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

I'm not really an introvert, because the only situation I truly thrive in is when I'm around others... as long as I'm the center of attention.

I'm not really an extrovert, because I'm selfish in the sense that my mind is primarily focused on myself and my "me" time is very important.

I guess I'm like 75% introvert, 25% extrovert.

More or less, probably introvert - I don't normally like being the center of attention

Depends on my mood, I guess. Like today and yesterday for example, I'm currently on trophy hiatus and very bored, so I was more than happy to go out when my friends proposed the idea

But usually with people I don't know, I'll just stick to myself, listening to my music with earphones. But when I'm with friends, I can be very noisy  ^_^

Edited by Aela
  • Like 2

It's an internet forum dedicated to video gaming, and the nearly unanimous response to the question posed is "introvert". There's a big surprise. :P

Yeah, with that in mind i was expecting the majority to be introverts but not quite this many! 11-0 Introverts  D:

Edited by Goro

After massive googling and a short quiz, I'm going have to go with introvert.

Although I love being in the spotlight and find large groups energizing,

I prefer to be alone and find it hard to talk to people in small groups..

If platypus was an option, I would choose that. No one knows what a platypus is.

• Like 2

I'm a total introvert. I spend all my spare time holed up in my room playing video games. I honestly haven't hung out with friends in a very long time. And if I could afford it, I'd very happily go back to living by myself. Actually that just makes me sound like a hermit.

If platypus was an option, I would choose that. No one knows what a platypus is.

A platypus is proof that God has a sense of humour. If you believe in such things that is.
  • Like 1

Last time I say the word platypus around here... :D

I do know what a platypus is. Why do you say that?

The lack of smilyes makes it difficult for me to tell if you are teasing or dead serious. :hmm:  Thus- please select the spoiler tag that best describes your feelings right now: :D

Teasing

080507-platypus-features-02.jpg?12960864

What side are you on?

Dead Serious

There has been much debate about what species of animal a platypus is. As Wikipedia states: "The unusual appearance of this egg-laying, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate hoax. It is one of the few venomous mammals, the male platypus having a spur on the hind foot that delivers a venom capable of causing severe pain to humans. The unique features of the platypus make it an important subject in the study of evolutionary biology and a recognisable and iconic symbol of Australia; it has appeared as a mascot at national events and is featured on the reverse of its 20-cent coin." Basically, people can't decide if it's a reptile, mammal, or bird since it contains the identifying feature of all three. 

By me stating that I am a platypus, I am identifying to the conflicting nature of such animal since I contain traits of both an introvert and an extrovert to seem degree. Introverts align with my traits of enjoying being alone and with my own thoughts, while extroverts align with my traits of finding stimulation in large groups and finding it enjoyable to project my thoughts outwards in the way of public speaking. I effectively bring these traits together to form a 'platypus' effect of having both, but thus having no middle ground with small or personal relationships

I'm a total introvert. I spend all my spare time holed up in my room playing video games. I honestly haven't hung out with friends in a very long time. And if I could afford it, I'd very happily go back to living by myself. Actually that just makes me sound like a hermit.

A platypus is proof that God has a sense of humour. If you believe in such things that is.

I agree a platypus is a rather funny animal, although I do find it must be rather introverted since it really has no group B)

Back On Topic: (I feel obligated to say something of value now)

This is an interesting topic. Since we all share the same passion of video games, it's interesting to see such a high level of introvert-ive-ness, suggesting that the hobby itself is introvert-like. Although I do know several people that just play to be with people, I guess these aren't the type to join a dedicating forum about it (Which would be genius since they could meet more people, as our lonely extrovert must have found out)

In real life, I'm definitely an introvert. It was never easy for me to create friendships/relationships and I suffered with that a lot as a kid. People in general and life itself have disappointed me a lot. However, no one can deny that the interaction with other people is a human need. Fortunately, I found a place where it's easy for me to be sociable and to make friends: video games, through multiplayer. That's why I don't understand why people here bash the multiplayer component of games so much. For me, it's a fantastic and addictive way to interact and have fun with other people. A game without MP clearly loses value for me. I'm glad I have multiplayer in my life!  :)

• Like 1