Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Goro

Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert

I have for the most part introvert traits. Interacting with people drains my energy, but I do like to talk mostly and I feel people are stimulating in one way or another for the most part, but then I need my reload time. I am very comfortable alone and have my hermit periods where contact with others and real life society is limited. I have however met few people that I can spend my time endlessly with. It is like they are part of me. We are just relaxed together and go about without straining each other. That is the most wonderful thing on earth.

This is a very interesting matter. For those who are curious of where they stand, I really recommend this test http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I know there are a lot of personality tests out there, but this one really stands out I think. It is easy to grasp and have a nice interface, yet is versatile. Not too little and not too much, serious yet easy-going. If you know your traits you can accept and better deal with difficulties and unitilse your strengths.

For those that are interested in finding out more about "introvertism", to figure out traits about themselves or to understand someone you know, I highly recommend this book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet:_The_Power_of_Introverts_in_a_World_That_Can%27t_Stop_Talking

The Wikipedia article is actually a good start in the matter.

I'm selectively social. I can be shy at first, but I can become friendly and talkative once I become used to a person. I like to observe from afar first and try and pick up what I can so I can determine if you're worth my time.

• Like 1

Eh, 50/50.  I like silence and I enjoy my time alone, but I also love talking to people.  I'm flexible either way, but I have horrible communication skills when it comes to correspondence I know doesn't need attention any time soon.  I get crazier the more comfortable I get and I never break eye contact with people that I hold conversations with unless I just don't care about the topic.

I'm an Ixtrovert, but I've chosen Introvert just cause.

Hm, let's see...

I'm mostly non-talkative, to the point that I try to say as little words as possible and use silence and body language in places where they can save me from the nessesity to speak with people. I'm slightly more open with people I actually know, but in most cases I still prefer to keep to myself.

Social interactions are draining and lengthy periods of loneliness are required to "recharge". I feel uncomfortable in groups more than 4, and strongly dislike crowds. If loud music or any other kind of noise are present, it always results in a panic attack so I always carry with me headphones and\or earplugs to help shut the sounds off.

Also, I hate being the center of attention, so when it happens, I try to make sure it ends as soon as possible. Needless to say, I'm not popular among my peers and was a target of bullying a couple of times, but since I always start to act crazy if I feel an "invasion in my private space", they've decided that the psycho isn't worth the trouble, and I was left alone. Those very few who weren't scared off and managed to put up with my mentally unstable side, became my friends, and I act much more chipper in their presence (until all this social stuff drains me dry and I'll feel the urge to return into my dark introvert cave). 

• Like 1

I also would prefer a middle option, as I'm the same way. It's really only because of Benzodiazepines that I'm more of an extrovert than introvert now. I know all too well about panic attacks.... don't wish them upon anyone, period. It'd be very extremely cruel and unusual punishment.

Good that your meds works, that hasn't been in my case. No one deserves that shit from hell called panic attacks. (also know all too well)

OT: Sickly introvert. I can really relate in what @NetEntity wrote. (Sorry if I'm complaining or something)

In real life I am easily an extrovert. My friends and family do not even like going out to too many places because I usually strike up a conversation with some random person. Oddly, they never complain when I flirt with the waitress or whoever and get us a discount.

On the internet, however, a friend of mine once said I am far more introverted. They said it was strange because most people were the opposite.

• 5 months later...