a look at Batman: Arkham Origins

F*CK SH*T ST*UPID F*CKING ASS A CACTUS UP YOUR F*CKING ASS F*CK F*UCK F*UCK...
Sorry just needed to get that from my system, so recently I bought this game on a PSN sale and I love the previous Arkham games, they are phenomenal so I thought this one will be great too but then it showed it wasn't made by Rocksteady because there's no detail in the world at all, in the previous ones there was density in and character to the world, the story was good and gameplay was great, all the gadgets and such, but in this one it's just a reskin where the buildings you enter aren't interesting at all and have no secrets whatsoever. Oh, secrets, riddler trophies, let's talk about that, well in the earlier games you were required to think about it to solve them but not in this one, in this one you only have riddler trophies, that's it, no riddles(which were my favorites) and they don't have any skill to solve at all!
But after all that, I could face it, it was an inferior batman game to hold the release for a much bigger game, Batman: Arkham Knight, but then I went to play the multiplayer which must have taken some of the quality of the singleplayer experience but that was ok with me. Oh boy, oh boy, but let me talk about the multiplayer, it was fucking great I loved it, the gameplay was solid and as a trophy hunter myself I put my mind into having the 3rd Arkham game "platinumd", so after completing the singleplayer and completed all the side missions(which were shitty too) I thought, well because the riddler trophies were so boring, I'll leave them for later as the challenges too, and so I went to play the oh so good multiplayer but OH WAIT, there's a BIG F*CKING PROBLEM here, the fucking lobbys are complete sh*t: either you wait an hour to get 8 players into a lobby or you fail to even enter at all or better of all, you enter, it loads and it fucking crashes wether it be in the beggining, the middle or the end, hell the game has crashed on me when I was f*cking customizing my character, it crashes and it crashes and it crashes... But you haven't heard the best news, oh boy, so good, oh, such juicy news, well above all odds I managed to get to lv 21 and I was thinking, well only 9 more levels till lv 30 and I get the trophy, but I wasn't just making it for the trophies, I actually like this game, all the customization and the gameplay was actually preety fun but ohhh what's that? you are now level 1 again after all the hours waiting to get into a lobby and all the fucking crashes? nice, love it

So here I am, writing this, angry as f*ck, promising not to play the multiplayer ever again because I'm not going on this journey again and so shouldn't you, so if you buy this game, you can (try to) play a few games on MP but don't bother with the platinum because it will ruin hours of your life  that you could've spend playing another game.

PS: sorry for the swearing, but I'm sure you will understand
   I know the text probably has errors but I'm so angry I'm not even going to reread it, but go ahead and tell me in the comments and I'll fix it
   I also know I'm not much of a writer and I know I've got  setences way too big but f*uck it

131101_01.jpg
Edited by fran_the_crusher

To be honest, when I entered this topic, I did not expect to see that...

To be honest, I didn't expect to laugh so much before finishing the first line of text... :giggle:

EDIT: I finished reading and I was almost bursting in tears reading this line:

But you haven't heard the best news, oh boy, so good, oh, such juicy news

and this:

I also know I'm not much of a writer and I know I've got  setences way too big but f*uck it

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

To be honest, when I entered this topic, I did not expect to see that...

I see you have the platinum, did you not have these problems? maybe you got it at launch and there were actually people to play with...

To be honest, I didn't expect to laugh so much before finishing the first line of text... :giggle:

I'm glad my misery provided some joy to you xD

• Like 1

I guess the title has a calmer vibe that the actual text

Yeah, suprised me...

When I was playing Origins MP, I rarely had problems with the lobbies. They were usually full. Sometimes there were lobbies near empty, but another search almost always lead to a full lobby. The MP also crashed at times, but not to the point of it becoming annoying. I also had my level reset, but it was at 4 so it didn't take long to get back to level 4. I was playing it around April 2014, so I'm not really sure if they are better or worse.

Yeah, suprised me...

When I was playing Origins MP, I rarely had problems with the lobbies. They were usually full. Sometimes there were lobbies near empty, but another search almost always lead to a full lobby. The MP also crashed at times, but not to the point of it becoming annoying. I also had my level reset, but it was at 4 so it didn't take long to get back to level 4. I was playing it around April 2014, so I'm not really sure if they are better or worse.

Yeah, you got it way earlier and so the lobbies at that time were full, but more than a year ago or now it's unacceptable that stuff like this happens.

At least I'm glad that I've got this forum to share these experiences with other gamers like me, wether they are good or bad  :)

I agree the game wasn't up to par with the others, but I did love the story of this one way more :) Totally agree with the lack of riddler challenges, IMO island had the best riddler set-up of them all.

If your having MP issues, all the trophies are easily boostable if that's your thing. I head about that level crashing thing happening to a few people and I do wish they would fix it. Look at the positive, knight doesn't have multiplayer :)

I guess the title gives a  calmer vibe than the actual text

Lol, understatement of the year :P

Yeah, you got it way earlier and so the lobbies at that time were full, but more than a year ago or now it's unacceptable that stuff like this happens.

At least I'm glad that I've got this forum to share these experiences with other gamers like me, wether they are good or bad :)

If I can share advice, I'd say try again at the levels. If you liked the MP, maybe you could play just some more longer to get the MP trophies. Maybe try boosting the MP trophies this time around if you weren't already. The quicker you get to Level 30, the less chance your level can reset.

If you are interested in boosting them, just create a session here.

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

I agree the game wasn't up to par with the others, but I did love the story of this one way more :) Totally agree with the lack of riddler challenges, IMO island had the best riddler set-up of them all.

If your having MP issues, all the trophies are easily boostable if that's your thing. I head about that level crashing thing happening to a few people and I do wish they would fix it. Look at the positive, knight doesn't have multiplayer :)

Lol, understatement of the year :P

I only boost if I have only like 1 or 2 trophies left for platinum (and I look for ppl to boost here), boosting isn't really my thing and at this point I'm kinda done with this game because of the reasons I stated, so I'm not even going to try.

Too bad I don't yet have a PS4 to play it, and even though I'm excited for it, I hope they did bring substancial different things gameplay-wise to the table, like new gadgets or new moves in combat, because even though I've seen the batmobile which is great, I'm kinda scared that the "multi-fear takedown" is a technique that will be overused and overpowered, I mean instant takedown 3 henchman in a predator style situation? wtf??? but I'm sure it is going to be a great game with a lot of stuff to do!

If I can share advice, I'd say try again at the levels. If you liked the MP, maybe you could play just some more longer to get the MP trophies. Maybe try boosting the MP trophies this time around if you weren't already. The quicker you get to Level 30, the less chance your level can reset.

If you are interested in boosting them, just create a session here.

I don't think that I'm going to try this again due to the hours wasted but how much time did it take you to get to lv 30? 

• Like 1

I only boost if I have only like 1 or 2 trophies left for platinum (and I look for ppl to boost here), boosting isn't really my thing and at this point I'm kinda done with this game because of the reasons I stated, so I'm not even going to try.

Too bad I don't yet have a PS4 to play it, and even though I'm excited for it, I hope they did bring substancial different things gameplay-wise to the table, like new gadgets or new moves in combat, because even though I've seen the batmobile which is great, I'm kinda scared that the "multi-fear takedown" is a technique that will be overused and overpowered, I mean instant takedown 3 henchman in a predator style situation? wtf??? but I'm sure it is going to be a great game with a lot of stuff to do!

I don't think that I'm going to try this again due to the hours wasted but how much time did it take you to get to lv 30?

I'm not sure since some XP contributed to getting to Level 30 were from both boosting and from playing against randoms (when boosting partners were offline). It definitely isn't a quick trophy to get but it shouldn't be too long to get boosting.

thanks a bunch, I'm gonna try it, omfg if this works :D

It didn't work, I'm gonna try it again  :(

How I first viewed this topic:

giphy.gif

Anyways, I am sure there are plenty of people on the site which will help you get the online trophies for the game. Personally, I feel your frustration as I hated every moment of the online as it was utter trash.

• Like 2

I enjoyed this game, to be honest. While I agree that it is not up to par with the previous games, I don't think it deserves the hate it got. I hated the MP though. Generic garbage.

The Joker's reveal in this game. My God. It was amazing.

I went into this game, already hearing that it wasn't as good, but I can only speak for my experience and from that I can honestly say that I found a so called open-world game with a world filled with empty space, with 200 extortion files as riddler trophies yeah, but between those 200 riddler trophies, the way u got them was increadibly easy, I can't remember how many extortion files were like this: turn on dectective mode, see wall vulnerable to explosive gel that has extortion file behind it, blow it up, get the said extortion file.

And I know I'm talking a lot about the riddler trophies but it's what you do after the story has run out. The side missions were boring(either collectible based or very short side missions)  and the story wasn't half bad but the main thing of the story were the bossbattles with the 9 assassins and they were all kind of pathetic tbh, I did like the new enemy they introduced, the martial arts guy, it requires more skill in combat, did not like so much of the venom user but I guess it was ok but other than that meh

PS:glue grenade, pls, r they even fo' real at this point? xD

Edit: The Joker was awesome in this game though, I'm kinda sad that we could't get more of him, Troy Baker is f-awesome

More juicy news please, i love that :D

ahaha, thx xD

I see you finished Batman Arkham Asylum and are starting a playthrough on Batman Arkham City, not sure if it's a good idea to play them one after another 'cause you might get bored of the combat even though it's top notch, both fantastic games :D how are you liking them?

ahaha, thx xD

I see you finished Batman Arkham Asylum and are starting a playthrough on Batman Arkham City, not sure if it's a good idea to play them one after another 'cause you might get bored of the combat even though it's top notch, both fantastic games :D how are you liking them?

I know but i need to rush the first 2 batman before Batman AK lol, i'll plat them after AK, i don't know why i didn't play them sooner lol, i have the full collection since 2013...  :lol: