FFVII porting for PS4 (PSN) has a date...

alebrego

what is the point of this version, if the HD remaster is in the works.

As Xionx said, they're not working on a HD remaster, but rather a remake, and I may in fact prefer this release over the remake. Not sure why they would have to ruin the battle system. :\

My concern with a plat for this game is the number of potential SUPER grindy trophies (ie master all materia).

That would be the best.  Hopefully all the trophies are related only to things like mastering each materia, getting a gold chocobo (or 7 gold and 1 black, assuming they don't fix the fact that you can't get gold chocobos in all 8 stables), defeating Ruby and Emerald Weapon, etc...

That would be the best.  Hopefully all the trophies are related only to things like mastering each materia, getting a gold chocobo (or 7 gold and 1 black, assuming they don't fix the fact that you can't get gold chocobos in all 8 stables), defeating Ruby and Emerald Weapon, etc...

Yeah, those were all achievements on the Steam version (just one Gold Chocobo was required, though).

I think we can be like 90% sure they will go with the steam achievements.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Achievements

I've been thinking about writing a missable guide for this game, so you can basically play the game as you like and only make sure to get the few missable items required for plat. I may add a couple that are hard to get if you miss the first one etc too. Some materia is missable, Aerith's 4th limit break is missable. I think a couple of other limit breaks is missable as well. There's especially one enemy skill that is missable, but maybe it counts if you unlock it from the last boss.

Edited by MMDE

I think we can be like 90% sure they will go with the steam achievements.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Achievements

I've been thinking about writing a missable guide for this game, so you can basically play the game as you like and only make sure to get the few missable items required for plat. I may add a couple that are hard to get if you miss the first one etc too. Some materia is missable, Aerith's 4th limit break is missable. I think a couple of other limit breaks is missable as well. There's especially one enemy skill that is missable, but maybe it counts if you unlock it from the last boss.

Yeah, I think Shadow Flare will probably count if you unlock it during the final battle. That said though, a missables guide is a great idea. 

what is the point of this version, if the HD remake is in the works.

I forgot this port is an HD remaster......

The point is some people like the original and would like to replay it. The remake will be a very different game. And some people who haven't played it can get to experience it too. I for one want to replay it cause I never got a chance to finish the game.

Yeah, I think Shadow Flare will probably count if you unlock it during the final battle. That said though, a missables guide is a great idea. 

I don't think I was thinking about Shadow Flare, but rather that enemy skill the one Zombie Dragon or whatever in the crater has, it's a one-time encounter, and I think, except for the last boss, it's the only way to get it in the entire game. It's called Pandora's Box. But yeah, Shadow Flare is much the same thing, and can only be gotten from Dragon Zombie and a couple of the weapons and last boss.

The point is some people like the original and would like to replay it. The remake will be a very different game. And some people who haven't played it can get to experience it too. I for one want to replay it cause I never got a chance to finish the game.

Yeah, I'd like to replay it and get trophies while doing so! :)

I don't think I was thinking about Shadow Flare, but rather that enemy skill the one Zombie Dragon or whatever in the crater has, it's a one-time encounter, and I think, except for the last boss, it's the only way to get it in the entire game. It's called Pandora's Box. But yeah, Shadow Flare is much the same thing, and can only be gotten from Dragon Zombie and a couple of the weapons and last boss.

Yeah, I think they're similar. Pandora's Box is Dragon Zombie / Jenova Synthesis and Shadow Flare is Ultimate Weapon / Safer Sephiroth. :)

Edited by darkamdusias

Yeah, I think they're similar. Pandora's Box is Dragon Zombie / Jenova Synthesis and Shadow Flare is Ultimate Weapon / Safer Sephiroth. :)

I had to check, and I think Dragon Zombie can use Pandora's Box one time in the game, and that's the only way to get it. It's located very close to the last boss location.

Shadow Flare can be learnt from Dragon Zombie, Ultimate Weapon, Ruby Weapon, Safer Sephiroth.

But yeah, this one can be a pain. Trine is also a missable enemy skill.

Aerith's 4th overdrive is very missable too.

W-item is also very missable.

Edited by MMDE

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Ruby Weapon and Dragon Zombie could use Shadow Flare. Also, I remember that Barret's ultimate limit break (Catastrophe) is missable too. The game has quite a bit of missable stuff, now that I think about it.

Edited by darkamdusias

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Ruby Weapon and Dragon Zombie could use Shadow Flare. Also, I remember that Barret's ultimate limit break (Catastrophe) is missable too. The game has quite a bit of missable stuff, now that I think about it.

Isn't Odin also very missable?  You are only in the room where you find it once, and it is not completely obvious where it is.

But yeah, I think I will write a guide for it. I know there are guides for missable items n stuff, but this wouldn't be the same, only missable stuff required for the plat.

Will arrange the list in the order of when you obtain the items in the game etc, and some hints about when you are there etc, so that you can basically just look at the list for the next item and play on until you encounter the next thing in the list. I know that's how I'd want to play this game. :)

Edited by MMDE

• 5 weeks later...

Were you right? I don't understand the list myself to answer it and now I'm curious.

Yes, he were right.

The Consummate Cross-Dresser.

It's very early in the game, gotta try to save another character that has been taken by a perv called Don, and he's going to pick a girl to have sex with. You gotta dress up as a woman to get inside to free her, and if you dress up good enough you may be picked by Don himself. You aren't necessarily picked unless you get good enough items for your dress, hair etc.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1