Day of the Tentacle

I imagine its still a work in progress lets not forget that broken age was released not to long ago and before that Grim Fandango was also released this year so it'll probably be 6 monthes to a year before we hear anything more on that.

Edited by MrKittyEmperor

Kill me but I do not now anything about this game :D but it sounds like a Hentai visual novel  B)

Neither do I, so 100% agree.

3535_tom_cruise.gif

Edit: Apparently (keyword: apparently :eyebrow:) it's a hilarious point-and-click, and nope, it hasn't received more notices as of now.

Cheers.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever they are gonna do with it, I really hope that there's an option to play it with the original graphics and voice overs.

Maybe they are also remastering Maniac Mansion in the process since that was playable in the original DOTT.

• 8 months later...

March, 22nd - 14.99, with 10% off with pre-order.

This game was one of the best i've played in my childhood, definitely gonna buy it! Maybe, if a lot of people buy it, with the success of Grim Fandango, they'll continue remastering these golden classics!

Full Throttle is already on it's way... =D

• 2 weeks later...

So is this game difficult, or Schafer-difficult? That is, are puzzles genuinely challenging, or just ridiculous contrived for failure?

This is a remaster of a 20 year old game.  It was a different time back then for adventure games, puzzle-wise.  Particularly for Lucasfilm Games - it was never about having difficult puzzles (like Sierra back in the day), it was about having fun and enjoying the journey and story.

Personally, I don't think it's difficult.  Just by talking to characters you can figure out what you need to do.  There's nothing randomized, and there's nothing like the awful music puzzles in Broken Age.

The game is a highly-praised classic for a reason, and personally I still think it's funny to this day.  I know the game like the back of my hand, but that doesn't mean I don't still have fun playing it.

That sounds OK (although being a "highly praised classic" means little nowadays, as Grim Fandango can attest). This is from a period after I played PC games (I mostly quit that due to those Sierra games to which you refer), but I like games like this...when they're not overly contrived.

I actually really liked the Sierra games, King's Quest V and VI in particular, and I thought the puzzles in Grim Fandango were way more difficult than any in those games (the elevator puzzle comes immediately to mind).  I also thought the puzzles in Broken Age were much more intuitive and logical than those in Grim Fandango.  Not sure how Day of the Tentacle will compare, but I will play it regardless.