Square Enix Wants to Add Online to Kingdom Hearts 3

Venocide

Square Enix's highly anticipated third entry in the Kingdom Hearts franchise may feature an online component.

According to series director Tetsuya Nomura, the studio is currently looking into adding some sort of online features to Kingdom Hearts III. "Online is certainly part of my wish list -- we want gamers to play for a while and an online component helps this," he told Engadget.

Fans need not worry, though, as Nomura went on to emphasize the fact that the single-player campaign is still the core focus and online won't simply be tacked on needlessly.

"While we may be focusing on the main campaign at the moment, but it's not as if we're going to tack on an online function at the end," he said. "In fact, we've already got plenty of ideas brewing at the moment. However, we're still not at the point where we can test these ideas inside the main game."

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 4

I'd be happy to see something like the Mirage Arena again. Playing it with friends was super fun on the PSP. I hope that's the kind of thing he wants to add. Except with the ability to play as any of the characters from the series.

Where's the dislike button for posts?

They say it won't be tacked on, but it is. Kingdom Hearts is a single player experience. I don't want to have to be sat for tens of hours boosting MP instead of playing the actual game :(

Then don't. X^D And tell me why you say it is? You played it? And to quote the first post: "Nomura went on to emphasize the fact that the single-player campaign is still the core focus".

Also, dislike button = Alt+F4, or the little X in the upper right corner of your internet browser.

• Like 2

Where's the dislike button for posts?

They say it won't be tacked on, but it is. Kingdom Hearts is a single player experience. I don't want to have to be sat for tens of hours boosting MP instead of playing the actual game :(

I'm sure it will be a feature you can just ignore........ if you don't want the platinum :P

Olympus Coliseum Tournament online??? Why not...

• Like 1

The only way I can see KH MP working is if it's the command board, which would get old very quick. If you make it like the core gameplay, it'll come down to whoever has played the MP more and is the highest rank (and, as such, with the most abilities).

MP wasn't needed in Tomb Raider, it wasn't needed in Uncharted, it wasn't needed in Bioshock, and it certainly isn't needed here. It will also open doors for them to spam us with terrible DLC (Such as the Uncharted 3 trophy list).

What is the use in spending so much time developing an MP mode - which I doubt many people will play (Such as the Tomb Raider MP) past the first month or so - when in reality it'll just be taken offline in a few years? Single player is eternal, and all work should be put into making that the best experience possible. This applies to almost any game as well, in my opinion.

There's MP in Birth By Sleep, and it didn't interfere with the main campaign. But you already know about that stuff, do you?

wwsHMpPm.png

And serisouly? Spammed with DLC? If you don't want the DLC, then just don't buy it. 0_0 FFS.

Some people are just constantly looking for something that doesn't affect them just to disagree with it. You guys are funny. :^)

Edited by jeandeve

I don't see why some people are complaining. 

We don't really know much about the game, but there could be a lot of potential with MP in Kingdom Hearts. Nobody thought The Last of Us suited multiplayer when the announced it, but it turned out to be a great addition. 

And if your complaining because you might have to boost the trophies... then don't?

• Like 1

I don't see why some people are complaining. 

We don't really know much about the game, but there could be a lot of potential with MP in Kingdom Hearts. Nobody thought The Last of Us suited multiplayer when the announced it, but it turned out to be a great addition. 

And if your complaining because you might have to boost the trophies... then don't?

Lol, TLoU multiplayer was the least enjoyable part of the entire game (although I disliked the game in general) in my opinion.

And if I don't get the trophies, the servers will eventually shut - thus negating all the (hopefully minimal) effort they put into this shit. If it'll be unplayable in a couple of years, what is even the point?

Just, please Square Enix, have the decency to either:

1) Not add this at all (Best option)

2) Include a Botzone for every MP mode

3) If this turns out to be co-op, let us play it completely solo (i.e Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One).

I'd be fine if one of these options is chosen, but I highly, highly, doubt any of them will be.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

The only way I can see KH MP working is if it's the command board, which would get old very quick. If you make it like the core gameplay, it'll come down to whoever has played the MP more and is the highest rank (and, as such, with the most abilities).

MP wasn't needed in Tomb Raider, it wasn't needed in Uncharted, it wasn't needed in Bioshock, and it certainly isn't needed here. It will also open doors for them to spam us with terrible DLC (Such as the Uncharted 3 trophy list).

What is the use in spending so much time developing an MP mode - which I doubt many people will play (Such as the Tomb Raider MP) past the first month or so - when in reality it'll just be taken offline in a few years? Single player is eternal, and all work should be put into making that the best experience possible. This applies to almost any game as well, in my opinion.

Why are you assuming it's PvP multiplayer, when every other game in the series, that had multiplayer, had only coop? They had great multiplayer in both 358/2 and BBS. I don't understand the skepticism.

Why are you assuming it's PvP multiplayer, when every other game in the series, that had multiplayer, had only coop? They had great multiplayer in both 358/2 and BBS. I don't understand the skepticism.

Co-op? Even worse. Unless they allow us to play it solo, I'll be stuck relying on other people to be good enough to make it through the mission/level. Gaming used to be all about your own skill, now we're stuck relying on others in a lot of games :(

Dead Space 2 had multiplayer and the single player was still great. No one gives out about it though because it doesn't have multiplayer trophies. I loved the BioShock 2 multiplayer, many hours put into it, and the single player was still really good.

My point is, it could actually turn out pretty good. But if your only problem with it is trophies, well, it shouldn't be, more to gaming than trophies my friends.