Square Enix Wants to Add Online to Kingdom Hearts 3

Venocide

Nomura is saying that it won't be tacked on but this late into the dev cycle it obviously will be in some way, would rather they kept the resources on building up the single player component and getting this game out sooner after making fans wait over a decade for a big console sequel. He's now involved in the FF7 remake too. Just think he should prioritize putting out what was promised in the first place! I'm not completely against the idea of MP in the KH series for the console version, but it seems a little halfhearted, especially considering they really don't have any ideas with how to implement it at the stage they are now at

• Like 2

Nomura is saying that it won't be tacked on but this late into the dev cycle it obviously will be in some way, would rather they kept the resources on building up the single player component and getting this game out sooner after making fans wait over a decade for a big console sequel. He's now involved in the FF7 remake too. Just think he should prioritize putting out what was promised in the first place! I'm not completely against the idea of MP in the KH series for the console version, but it seems a little halfhearted, especially considering they really don't have any ideas with how to implement it at the stage they are now at

Dividing resources to water down a game with a MP component that most fans dont want is the new business model. 

i just don't understand this push for MP components to games. If it has MP and trophies tied to it, I most likely will pass. 

Please no mp trophies that's the last thing i want on kingdom hearts

I swear, if trophies is the only reason you're playing games... LMFAO X^D

l do not like MP in KH 

SO NO MP IN KH 

I like MP in any game.

SO I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T WANT MP.

Co-op? Even worse. Unless they allow us to play it solo, I'll be stuck relying on other people to be good enough to make it through the mission/level. Gaming used to be all about your own skill, now we're stuck relying on others in a lot of games :(

Once again, following past games example, the coop has always been optional. Everything could also be done solo. I'm sure it'll be the same here.

• Like 1

Neither of them said trophies is the only reason they play games...

Skipping a game just because "OMG multiplayer trophies" pretty much implies you only play games for their trophies.

I don't see why I shouldn't have access to MP just because you champions don't want MP (which supposedly isn't even supposed to affect single player).

This is a trophy site so most people here do care about them.

"Most people" =/= brillant.

Oh God please no!

they said the game won't taked on the online features, until they added online trophies that required for the platinum? Who knows.

I hope the online features is only for some sort of a unique leader board for the arena part of the game, if it had one, but, time will tell.

Edited by yellowwindow7

Dood, it's barely into development. Last september, they didn't even have the story and world list finalized, and then they changed engines back in December. They're still early in development. If they rush it, we'll be lucky to see it at the end of 2016, but we're much more likely to see it late 2017.

Lightning? Uggh no put her to bed already.

Nomura has already stated before that we haven't seen the last of Lightning. He created the character and he's running Kingdom Hearts III. The franchise is known for dropping popular Final Fantasy characters like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth in the game, and the FF13 cast is the most recently popular set in the Final Fantasy series with Lightning being the most prominent.

Now ask yourself, how will she not be in this game. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

Nomura has already stated before that we haven't seen the last of Lightning. He created the character and he's running Kingdom Hearts III. The franchise is known for dropping popular Final Fantasy characters like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth in the game, and the FF13 cast is the most recently popular set in the Final Fantasy series with Lightning being the most prominent.

Now ask yourself, how will she not be in this game. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'm waiting for Some FF XII characters too.Hopefully that will come with Lightning